How do we get our Medallion?

Hmmm

OP- what “medallion” are you referring to?

If it’s your keycard, you’re not going to get one. You’ll get a credit card like ID on your cabin door when you board. If you want a tracker that will open your door, book with princess.

If it’s the presentation medallion for various numbers of sea days, you’ll either get it in your cabin (most likely if it’s copper) or at an event you receive an invitation to (silver, gold, platinum)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nodakboiler said:

This isn't Princess- you'll get a keycard outside your cabin.

It is an actual medallion that HAL gives out for sailing X amount of days. Bronze = 100 / silver = 300 / gold = 500

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, McDeb2119 said:

It is an actual medallion that HAL gives out for sailing X amount of days. Bronze = 100 / silver = 300 / gold = 500

On the Oosterdam in February, we found it on our bed with a generic note. There was no ceremony or in person recognition.   I left mine in the cabin when we disembarked.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, 0106 said:

On the Oosterdam in February, we found it on our bed with a generic note. There was no ceremony or in person recognition.   I left mine in the cabin when we disembarked.  

In Dec we got our Gold at a special ceremony in BB Kings showroom.  About 50 guests were there.  No Bronze were given out - I was told that they were just sent to the cabins.

13 minutes ago, QuattroRomeo said:

On Rotterdam last December, they were just left on the bed.

image.png.c02da9ac62646f33a5a800ca9a546740.png

That’s how I got some of my military medals - lol. I’ll get mine on the next cruise, so I’ll hang it up with my dog tags and other assorted doo-dads. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, abellkathleen said:

Not sure if all Princess ships have installed technology for medallion, but I’m sailing majestic mid-May to Alaska and will have a medallion not a key card. 

Right, but this was posted on the Holland America board, where Medallion refers to a keepsake awarded for days spent on a 'Dam ship.

Enjoy your Princess cruise.

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@graceinga I'm not sure if we ever gave you the answer you were looking for. So as you may have surmised, if you are enquiring about the little key fob "medallion" as found on Princess, HAL doesn't have those.

I think the confusion is with the "Medallion" keepsakes that HAL presents for their loyalty program.

On 3/30/2024 at 7:58 AM, graceinga said:

We set sail on the Rotterdam next Sunday and I just realized I don't know how/where/when we obtain our Medallion.  Thanks for your help. 

Looking at your signature, I am guessing you are referring to what you usually receive on Princess for your doors, ordering, etc? If so, as others have said, HAL uses the traditional room card key, not the medallion.

If you see people referring to medallions, that is a loyalty item you get with a certain number of actual cruise days (this does not include bonus spending) - Bronze for 100 actual sailing days on HAL, 300 for silver, 500 for gold and I believe 700+ for platinum.

2 hours ago, CGYCruisingFamily said:

Looking at your signature, I am guessing you are referring to what you usually receive on Princess for your doors, ordering, etc? If so, as others have said, HAL uses the traditional room card key, not the medallion.

If you see people referring to medallions, that is a loyalty item you get with a certain number of actual cruise days (this does not include bonus spending) - Bronze for 100 actual sailing days on HAL, 300 for silver, 500 for gold and I believe 700+ for platinum.

I think all Princess ships are Medallion class and have been for some time.

Platinum is 700. I got mine on the Noordam last summer. DW got her medallion too. I'm not sure I could put my hands on all four that I've been given.

On 3/30/2024 at 6:58 AM, graceinga said:

We set sail on the Rotterdam next Sunday and I just realized I don't know how/where/when we obtain our Medallion.

As @Nodakboiler said, your "Sail-n-Spend" cardkey will be in the mailbox outside your door, when you get there.

On 3/30/2024 at 11:01 AM, QuattroRomeo said:

On Rotterdam last December, they were just left on the bed.

image.png.c02da9ac62646f33a5a800ca9a546740.png

We never got our bronze medallion . Not that we miss having it . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oakridger said:

The OP @graceinga seems to have gone sailing.............................................................

Looks like - and hopefully found out where to find their medallion  - whichever kind.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

We never got our bronze medallion . Not that we miss having it . 

I had to ask for for mine. Then wondered why I did cuz it's still in the suitcase where it attracts less dust.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

We are getting close to 4 star & this one medallion we do want .Unlikely ,at our ages we get to 5 star  . 

The medallions are not related to the star program. They are for actual days sailed. We are also close to 4 star but nowhere near 100 days (Bronze medallion)

• Thanks 1

I received my Bronze Medallion on my last cruise from the Neptune Lounge Concierge. The Medallion ceremony usually does not include Bronze, however, we were invited probably because we were staying in the Pinnacle Suite. I had my picture taken with the Captain. 😃

• Like 1

I am on the Rotterdam. They had a ceremony last week for Silver Medallions and up. Not sure if those receiving bronze were invited to attend. There was a large crowd in attendance. I know that Platinum medallion holders and President's Club were invited. It's likely that it was 4 and 5 star Mariners who were invited.

We had a Bronze-only event on our May 2023 Trans Atlantic.  95 recipients.  Medallions were on our bed a couple of days before - and we didn't think to bring them to the event.  I assume the other levels had a separate event.

I'll hit the 100-day mark during my next cruise.  Will they provide it at that point or on my next cruise (like they do the Mariner levels)?