Rom service tipping

vegasdriven

24 minutes ago, vegasdriven said:

What is an acceptable tip for having room service delivered, and do you tip per delivery or at end of cruise?

None. It is their job. Tip at the end if you like.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Room service will be delivered by a different member of staff each time so waiting until the end probably won't work. 

I didn’t realise that. So it is their job. No need to tip at all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vegasdriven said:

What is an acceptable tip for having room service delivered, and do you tip per delivery or at end of cruise?

We take all meals in the MD and never use room service, so have no experience of this.

But I would have thought the staff involved would come within the scope of the hotel and dining service charge.

However if you really wanted to give a tip, I'd be inclined to treat it as you might for a pizza or Uber Eats delivery. Not that we've had many of them either!

On the basis that it might be a different member of staff each time, per delivery would seem sensible.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 2Oldpeopleinlove said:

We generally ask for just coffee and juice from room service, and we tip a couple of dollars each time. If we made more complex orders, we’d likely give more.

And do you do this in cash? USD or Euros?

2oldpeopleinluv,

Thank you, this is just what I was looking for. We like to have coffee and juice in the room early morning. 1 or 2 $ was just what I was thinking😊

• Like 1

We use Room Service several times during a voyage and very happy with the service we receive.

Each service is with a different staff member and appreciate the quick and professional service that it is delivered in even a short time it takes. This does not include the breakfast card used for overnight/early morning breakfasts.

They assist us with meals maybe before early tours, late returns from tours and also pantry needs like snacks and beverages for the room.

We do tip on each occasion to what the contents of the order entailed. And they are appreciated for the recognition. 

• Thanks 1

We have the same member of staff delivering out breakfast throughout the cruise apart from when he/she has a day off so we can say thank you as we depart and it's incorporated into a general extra thanks, not necessary but our choice. 🙂

The service charge covers everything and it isn't necessary to tip for room service but a $ or £ or two at the most would be my thoughts if different staff were involved each time.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wedgie Wedgie said:

The choice is easy for us. I prefer the staff leaving our cabin with a smile and happy thoughts. 

Who can tell what people are thinking, but they usually smile.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2024 at 5:45 AM, Wedgie Wedgie said:

The choice is easy for us. I prefer the staff leaving our cabin with a smile and happy thoughts. 

the mind boggles

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

the mind boggles

Roscoe, I hope you know that your WC blog is not written in vain. Your description of plastics floating around in East Asian waters was chilling while the rest of your scribbling is just plain fun. 

19 hours ago, NE John said:

Roscoe, I hope you know that your WC blog is not written in vain. Your description of plastics floating around in East Asian waters was chilling while the rest of your scribbling is just plain fun. 

why thanks NE, of course the adventure across the sea has been nothing compared to doing Safari and game drives here at dawn on the Eastern Cape of South Africa or watching the Cheetah Kill the Zebra yesterday. Back to looking at sea rubbish in a couple of days when we catch the ship up.....