Laundry Service on Navigator

Is there Laundry Service provided on the Navigator?

I was able find that there is a self serve laundry room but just curious of the also provide the Valet Service to all guests?

Or, on ALL Regent ships we have been on:  In when leaving for Breakfast; back either before leaving for a pre-dinner cocktail, or upon return from dinner as part of the turn-down service. 

There have been a few exceptions, but never a time gap exceeding 24 hours.  

GOARMY!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, GOARMY said:

On Splendor this Dec/Jan there was a worry about the water supply, so as well as asking guests to take shorter showers for maybe three days, they didn't do laundry for a couple days.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, GOARMY said:

Or, on ALL Regent ships we have been on:  In when leaving for Breakfast; back either before leaving for a pre-dinner cocktail, or upon return from dinner as part of the turn-down service. 

GOARMY!

This was not our experience recently on Splendor.  Laundry out before 6:30 pm was back sometime after 6:30 pm the next day.  Always more than 24 hours, usually by just a bit.  But laundry out ~9 pm was back sometime after 6:30 pm two days later, about 46 hours.  Maybe if we were not going to dinner at 6:30 it might have been back before dinner, but I doubt it.  It came back with our evening turndown service while we were at dinner.  I'm pretty sure we never put it out in the morning, but I don't think that would have gotten back any faster than the night before.

Edited by SusieQft
  • Like 1

We were on the Spendor a couple of weeks ago. Our laundry was always returned on time. I confess that I did not put a stop watch to it, but the finished laundry was always in our suite when we needed it. As far as I can determine,Regent is the only line that has included laundry for us.and it is a major reason why we continue cruising on Regent.

• Like 3

SusieQft:  

Well, as in life:  YMMV.

We board Splendor at Southampton this June for a series of segments.  Will note the laundry service turn-around; and report as needed on this First World matter.  

Safe sailings. 

GOARMY!

I agree that the laundry service is a major plus for sailing on Regent.  I just did not want people to expect it to always be back in less than 24 hours.  Realistic expectations will avoid disappointment.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GOARMY said:

GOARMY!

You just answered my question!!   Thanks and take care, g

12 hours ago, SusieQft said:

Laundry out before 6:30 pm was back sometime after 6:30 pm the next day. 

I think that was simply a function of your cabin steward.  The cabin stewards have certain work hours that include off time during the afternoon.  So I've found when I put laundry out after 9 am and it comes back the next day, it often is when they come to do turn down service.  I simply plan for that event.  Not sure why you had a two day wait. We've been on 4 different ships and never had that long of a wait.  I'm guessing it was an oversight. 

We just disembarked from a 16 night cruise on Grandeur.  Our stewardess, upon day one introduction, advised us that laundry out before 9am would be returned same evening; out after 9am would be returned the following day.  
I set the bag out before 9am three times during our cruise and each time it was in our suite at turndown that same day. 
Absolutely marvelous service!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all!  Good to know. We are on 3 x B2B2B for a total of 38 days so we will definitely need to make use of this service. 🙂

When we boarded Navigator back on April 5th, our butler told us to leave the laundry bag on the bed when we were out of the room, and it would be back within 48 hours. Sometimes, it's back in 24 hours, but never less than that. We've left it in both the morning and the evening, and it's still not back in less than 24 hours.

Last April, we were on Navigator for 2 weeks in a concierge suite, which has no butler. We left our laundry in the hall by our door when we went to breakfast. Sometimes it was gone by the time we returned from breakfast, and then it would usually be returned clean while we were at dinner. Sometimes it was still there after breakfast, and taken sometime during the day. It was not returned until the next night during dinner in that case.

One of our traveling companions ob our last cruise waited more than 48 hours for her laundry. It was returned quite promptly when she asked her room attendant about it. 

I would never expect to turn in my laundry in the morning and get it back before dinner. I can't remember that happening on any of our 8 Regent cruises. I guess some people are luckier than us. 

Just off of the Grandeur. Left the laundry bag in the hall before 9AM and it was always back in the evening when we returned from dinner. Every time!  Wonderful service that really sets Regent apart from other lines.

• Like 2