What pier in San Fran

On 4/10/2024 at 1:42 PM, hobo1937 said:

Be glad it's not the Grand Princess on 4/27. She is going to Pier 80, which is a cargo pier. Something must be going on with Pier 35, which is where she was originally scheduled, as there are two ships in SF that day. 

Hi. Can you tell me where I can confirm Pier80 please?  Everywhere I look says Pier 35 and I will book a hotel in a different location if it’s 80.   Thanks

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, molly2kit said:

Hi. Can you tell me where I can confirm Pier80 please?  Everywhere I look says Pier 35 and I will book a hotel in a different location if it’s 80.   Thanks

Yes @hobo1937, we would all like to know where that info is listed.

All SF official docs state just Pier 27 for Crown and Pier 35 for Grand

image.thumb.png.e9890a3a886ae99e3d36721d6c5f0d2f.png

Edited by AZjohn

If you go to the website sfport.com and make sure you are looking at the 4/5/24 update it shows Pier 80. The roll call for the Pacific Coastal 4/27 also has some info about this.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hobo1937 said:

If you go to the website sfport.com and make sure you are looking at the 4/5/24 update it shows Pier 80. The roll call for the Pacific Coastal 4/27 also has some info about this.

Thank you so much, I had checked this website but did not find the April update previously 

Please excuse my artwork, this clearly shows Pier 80 and I guess I’m rebooking hotel.  Was an easy walk to Pier 35 from the one I had booked.

IMG_4214.jpeg

Edited by molly2kit

1 hour ago, hobo1937 said:

I guess Mr. Google didn’t point me to the updated schedule.

We are returning on the Crown on the 27th but looks like our Pier 27 hasn’t changed so hopefully our pickup will not be affected.

Cheers

10 hours ago, molly2kit said:

Thank you so much, I had checked this website but did not find the April update previously 

Please excuse my artwork, this clearly shows Pier 80 and I guess I’m rebooking hotel.  Was an easy walk to Pier 35 from the one I had booked.

IMG_4214.jpeg

There are no hotels within walking distance in this area. It is a cargo dock in an industrial area. The roll call for the Grand Princess Coastal 4/27 has some posts regarding walking around the area especially with luggage. Best to take a taxi or uber. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

What’s wrong with Cali? 

"Cali" is a city in Colombia and the name of my mom's cat. 

The sound of "Cali" when referring to the state ranks right up there with fingernails on a chalkboard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/14/2024 at 12:43 AM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

What’s wrong with Cali? 

Most native Californians find that term as a reference to our home state ridiculous and lazy. For example I would never refer to some other US states as “Flori”, “Ari”, “Washi” , “Virgi”, or “Monti”, just to rattle off a few examples to illustrate how silly it is. Just call it by its proper name like you would any other state. We live in California. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

Most native Californians find that term as a reference to our home state ridiculous and lazy. For example I would never refer to some other US states as “Flori”, “Ari”, “Washi” , “Virgi”, or “Monti”, just to rattle off a few examples to illustrate how silly it is. Just call it by its proper name like you would any other state. We live in California. 

Well said Karatemom2. And similarly, Frisco is a city in Colorado that has no ocean-navigable water.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

Well said Karatemom2. And similarly, Frisco is a city in Colorado that has no ocean-navigable water.

OTOH, Carnival is building a new terminal in Frisco, Texas.

4 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

With everything that’s going on in California right not I think a silly nickname is the least of our worries. 

On 4/18/2024 at 3:52 PM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

With everything that’s going on in California right not I think a silly nickname is the least of our worries. 

Welp, the San Francisco City Attorney filed a lawsuit against the Port of Oakland across the bay because they renamed their airport "San Francisco Bay Oakland International Airport".

• Like 1

Just back from a cruise on Princess from pier 27. Had an absolute worst time getting to the actual terminal due to the (IMHO) mishandling of traffic into the terminal. In all of my years of cruising I have never seen mis-planned traffic management in the port area such as at this terminal. Traffic was backed up for an hour while traffic crept into the terminal one car at a time. I was in an Uber and spend nearly an hour in the stopped traffic getting into the port. There is a totally unused open area right next to the drop-off that was totally clear of cars and unused for passenger drop-off. My Uber bill had a $33 charge for traffic time waiting. 

In getting off the ship I elected to use the Princess Bus to the airport. That went quite well as the bus was waiting for us once out of the terminal. When departing I noted the exact same traffic back-upon the road leading into the terminal from the taxis and Ubers trying to get in to pick-up passengers. 

Not sure what to do about getting into the port as even the busses were held up in the traffic jam. Possibly get out across the street and walk across with your luggage. But in leaving the port I would recommend some sort of bus (like the Princess bus) as they are there waiting in the lot prior to the traffic back-up.

@RGEDad What time did you arrive?  Perhaps that was the reason?  We've cruised many times from Pier 27 and never had that problem.  We usually arrive before 11AM. since we need to checkout of the hotel by then. Maybe it's less busy then. I wonder if the previous cruise was a little late getting in? We usually do the latest disembark since we don't need to get anywhere right away so it's usually pretty cleared out by then and easy to get a cab.  I'm sorry you did not have a better start to your cruise.  Sometimes something  like that will put a damper on your whole day.