Question for those who book through a TA

I have a question for those of you who have booked with TAs before. When check in time comes are you able to do everything yourself or do you need your TA to do it? The reason I ask is because yesterday I got an email from RCI advising to make sure that all the information in my reservation is correct as it will expedite checkin. However, when I pull up the reservation all I can see is my name and a message that the reservation cannot be serviced online and to contact the creator of the reservation.

I am not new to cruising but very new to using a TA. Thanks in advance for your replies.

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have a question for those of you who have booked with TAs before. When check in time comes are you able to do everything yourself or do you need your TA to do it? The reason I ask is because yesterday I got an email from RCI advising to make sure that all the information in my reservation is correct as it will expedite checkin. However, when I pull up the reservation all I can see is my name and a message that the reservation cannot be serviced online and to contact the creator of the reservation.

I am not new to cruising but very new to using a TA. Thanks in advance for your replies.

We got that same email, and I think it was to remind you to book dining and excursions and other things. 

You still do your check in as normal. No need to go through a TA for that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The only things you can't use a TA for are to make payments or make a name change / modification or change dining times.  Everything else including cruise planner purchases, booking airfare and check in you can still do.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The only things you can't use a TA for are to make payments or make a name change / modification or change dining times

You may want to edit the way this reads. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The only things you can't use a TA for are to make payments or make a name change / modification or change dining times.  Everything else including cruise planner purchases, booking airfare and check in you can still do.

I think you mean “have to use a TA for if you booked with one”!

Edited by gumshoe958
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am going to guess that your check-in window has not opened yet and thus the message you're getting? FWIW, I always use a TA and am currently outside my check-in window and can't do much on my booking except pre-cruise purchases, etc. but I don't get the message you're seeing. 

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I book all my cruises thru a TA  and can always check in myself at the 45 day mark.  I can also do all cruise planner purchases myself.  Like Ken said the TA does payments cabin changes and dining changes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Once the cruise is booked with a TA, the only thing you can't do yourself (besides edit the booking itself) is book pre-paid grats or change dining times (I'm sure there's a few other trivial exceptions).

The cruise planner is open to you no matter how you booked. So are all check-in activities.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

TA's can now make Cruise planner purchases for you, if you choose to do that. But it's always open for you to do it yourself. 

If mine sees this and wants to buy me something for July... I like surprises. 😁

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just wait till you see your credit card statement.😁

That is NOT the type of surprise I had in mind! 🤣

• Haha 6