New Crystal Society Programme Announced for 2024

Stickman1990

Crystal has announced their new loyalty programme for Crystal Society members. This one takes you right up to your 300th milestone! 

Hello Society Family! It is our pleasure to announce our updated Crystal Society Brochure.

This updated brochure closely resembles the previous program with some minor changes to reflect our reduced fleet and capacity. As with all our programs, this is subject to revision and adjustments as needed. We are also excited to inform you that our partners at AKTG are working on a larger loyalty program that will encompass both Crystal and Abercrombie & Kent brands. We look forward to announcing more on this in the coming months.

Thank you for your continued patience and loyalty as we value each and every member of our Crystal Society Family. If you have any questions please comment below, private message, or contact us directly at +1-888-615-2539 for further assistance.

IMG_1722.thumb.jpeg.22d773e12f81f604c988da12dba33c92.jpeg

IMG_1723.thumb.jpeg.922945119fa54a7f7eaa5e60242ebdcf.jpeg

IMG_1724.thumb.jpeg.2015755214d95b56f09776d0521e3712.jpeg

IMG_1725.thumb.jpeg.9bf55646c69de8195fa5b69263f5edd5.jpeg

IMG_1726.thumb.jpeg.a56b9c65a87e719bd80c7348065a1712.jpeg

IMG_1727.thumb.jpeg.8a243d5b4be3f5850e8fb07d044cb736.jpeg

IMG_1728.thumb.jpeg.50747361e5401c162dbb564d3420d810.jpeg

IMG_1729.thumb.jpeg.c01ce65bb49357ee8190770afbb8e05c.jpeg

IMG_1730.thumb.jpeg.6617f45c528e6a9cc5be80d81cc95c9c.jpeg

IMG_1731.thumb.jpeg.9fcd346ad092c1f35be137f8c361251b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

The upgrade from fwd to mid location within a category is a bit of a lame offering in my opinion.  It would have been nice to see a deeper discount for future bookings at certain milestones, such as 5% discount or 10% discount, as is the case at Silversea. 

Edited by goldengatecruisers
  • Like 4

In the context that this is a temporary stop-gap, I think that the changes made sense and the program is in a serviceable state for the time being.  Much like it’s been for the past 30+ years I’ve participated in it, it’s kind of no-harm, no-thrill kind of general benefit for where the masses fall into the chart.

Vince

• Like 4

Terry, thank you for the cut-and-paste of the benefits. Where did you download the information from? I cannot find this on Crystal's website, nor have I received an email directly from Crystal. Do you mind posting the weblink?

Much thanks! Rob

2 minutes ago, USCAdventurer said:

I don’t use Facebook ever.  Why wouldn’t they use another method or an additional method of posting?  Why wouldn’t they just send everyone an email?

I agree. I do not subscribe to Facebook either. Rhetorical question: why is this not on Crystal's website? That was the first place I searched. (Maybe it will show up there eventually....🤣🤔😆

Rob

• Like 1

The Terms and Conditions state that the Crystal Society Program applies to voyages beginning January 1, 2023.  Does that mean our previous credits from OC no longer will be honored?  I believe it was reported here on CC that previous cruises would still count towards the various rewards.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, USCAdventurer said:

I don’t use Facebook ever.  Why wouldn’t they use another method or an additional method of posting?  Why wouldn’t they just send everyone an email?

I'm sure they will adjust on other channels too, but I see this across most travel suppliers, and even many types of companies these days.

Within marketing, email, social media and web teams often have vastly different turnaround times these days.  (At my company the disparity is about 7 calendar days from the fastest to the slowest.). 10 Years ago it was common for almost every communication to be held for the slowest team's work so everything was released at once.  These days with the shift towards social media, I only see the biggest, most strategic or confidential releases held for release together.  At my company, stuff goes out on social media almost immediately as long as it doesn't require follow-up on a web page, and when the email and web teams can catch up with their work, then great.  An announcement to minor changes in a loyalty program would fall into that bucket.

Vince

Edited by BWIVince
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, skybluewaters said:

The Terms and Conditions state that the Crystal Society Program applies to voyages beginning January 1, 2023.  Does that mean our previous credits from OC no longer will be honored?  I believe it was reported here on CC that previous cruises would still count towards the various rewards.

The previous cruise count is honored. We were "recognized" for our 45th cruise on our current cruise. It is these new milestone "benefits" that are effective Jan 1/23.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
On 4/17/2024 at 9:32 PM, goldengatecruisers said:

The upgrade from fwd to mid location within a category is a bit of a lame offering in my opinion.  It would have been nice to see a deeper discount for future bookings at certain milestones, such as 5% discount or 10% discount, as is the case at Silversea. 

A:  Look at it the other way around.  If you want to end up in a mid-ship location, you pay for a forward cabin.

A question please:  Do the achieved milestone levels appear anywhere on the booking confirmation?  

Edited by crickette

6 minutes ago, crickette said:

A:  Look at it the other way around.  If you want to end up in a mid-ship location, you pay for a forward cabin.

A question please:  Do the achieved milestone levels appear anywhere on the booking confirmation?  

They don't show up on line in My Account nor on the cruise invoice.  

You or TA can confirm number on the phone with Crystal or on-board with one of the two personnel who handle the loyalty program and book new cruises.

Keith

2 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

You or TA can confirm number on the phone with Crystal or on-board with one of the two personnel who handle the loyalty program and book new cruises.

Keith

You can confirm the number also by email which we just did.

• Like 2

I find the one level upgrade less than attractive. It discriminates against Sapphire travelers as we cannot get free upgrade to PH. So we are getting zip for all our loyalty. 
And  the $5000 credit at 25 and 50?  Guess what!?  Your cruises on OC don’t count. 

1 minute ago, Whipsnade said:

I find the one level upgrade less than attractive. It discriminates against Sapphire travelers as we cannot get free upgrade to PH. So we are getting zip for all our loyalty. 
And  the $5000 credit at 25 and 50?  Guess what!?  Your cruises on OC don’t count. 

Where does it say, they don’t count? That’s not what I was previously unofficially led to believe. 

You could book 1 less than Sapphire and apply the upgrade. If one books solo and upgrades, I assume it’s to a double window room. Just a better location but essentially same room. That’s not attractive. Would have to pay for a double in order to get a worthwhile upgrade. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Keith

If you have OC documentation that shows your number of cruises, I recommend bringing it with you. Some database errors have taken nearly 6 months to straighten out even when shipboard personnel knew the numbers were wrong. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Whipsnade said:

Why do you say that?  I see that the T&C state that the program applies to cruises after January 1, 2023, but I have also heard on CC (which, of course, is not official), that previous cruises with OC would still count towards earned benefits.

Any why do we need to be discussing this at all?  You would think that Crystal would make some mention of this in their T&C...although perhaps that's what the January 1, 2023 statement means.

15 minutes ago, Whipsnade said:

Guess what!?  Your cruises on OC don’t count. 

Then, why when my travel agent inquired yesterday with Crystal, was she told I have done 48 cruises? That was 45 with old Crystal and 3 with new Crystal. The 3 is one 10 day cruise and one 16 day cruise, therefor credit for 2 cruises.

Patty

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Whipsnade said:

Examples for contemplation:

1. Once you have completed your 25th cruise on OC or NC, you would be eligible for the $5000 credit upon booking your 26th cruise with NC.

2. Once you have completed your 50th cruise on OC or NC, you would be eligible for the $5000 credit upon booking your 51st cruise with NC.

3. This $5000 credit also applies at the 70th cruise milestone level. Once you have completed your 70th cruise, whether with OC, or a combination of OC and NC, the $5000 credit would be applied to your 71st cruise with NC.

Milestone benefits are not retroactive if you have already passed these milestone levels on OC. This is our understanding from our TA who has been in contact with Crystal.

Rob

Edited by ryndam
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2