QA revised arrival Southampton

babs135

4 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

It’s not that rare if QV (which even by modern standards is not small) has done it twice with me aboard. On both occasions it was the same captain, now retired, and on both occasions we had been delayed. I agree about the PR issue though.

I’m not saying it doesn’t ever happen, but I’m only going by what I’ve witnessed. We spend several weeks a year at Cowes where we watch the cruise ships depart each evening. Of the hundreds of cruise ships we’ve watched leave over many years, I’d say I could count on the fingers of one hand the number that have gone that way, hence my comment that it’s rare. Of course, I shall now be proved wrong 😂 

Well those of us that are taking part in the 'official' seaborne welcome received an update before lunch today.

Without giving too much away the email stated...

'We will now enjoy an afternoon tea and a few drinks onboard once we have made our way out to the Isle of Wight. We will then join Queen Anne in the Solent as she makes her way into port. 

Queen Anne is due to dock at approximately 19h45, we will enjoy the atmosphere for a while after she docks and we anticipate getting back to the Marina at approx. 20h30.'

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

I’m not saying it doesn’t ever happen, but I’m only going by what I’ve witnessed. We spend several weeks a year at Cowes where we watch the cruise ships depart each evening. Of the hundreds of cruise ships we’ve watched leave over many years, I’d say I could count on the fingers of one hand the number that have gone that way, hence my comment that it’s rare. Of course, I shall now be proved wrong 😂 

Yes, but who is up to watch them arrive in the early morning when it is barely light? Anyway, it now seems it may be academic.

Note: times are subject to change.  

Ryde and Gosport                                                                  1745
Lee on Solent                                                                         1810
Cowes                                                                                   1810
Calshot                                                                                  1820
Hamble                                                                                  1830     
Royal Victoria Country Park & Weston Shore                         1900
Hythe                                                                                     1915
Mayflower Park                                                                      1930
Mayflower Cruise Terminal                                                     1945

• Like 1

1 minute ago, molecrochip said:

Note: times are subject to change.  

Ryde and Gosport                                                                  1745
Lee on Solent                                                                         1810
Cowes                                                                                   1810
Calshot                                                                                  1820
Hamble                                                                                  1830     
Royal Victoria Country Park & Weston Shore                         1900
Hythe                                                                                     1915
Mayflower Park                                                                      1930
Mayflower Cruise Terminal                                                     1945

2 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

Well those of us that are taking part in the 'official' seaborne welcome received an update before lunch today.

'We will now enjoy an afternoon tea and a few drinks onboard once we have made our way out to the Isle of Wight. We will then join Queen Anne in the Solent as she makes her way into port. 

Queen Anne is due to dock at approximately 19h45, we will enjoy the atmosphere for a while after she docks and we anticipate getting back to the Marina at approx. 20h30.'

In line with my update at # 52  @molecrochip .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solent Richard said:

In line with my update at # 52  @molecrochip .

I know - just sharing the updated Cunard viewpoint timings which Cunard announced in the last hour or so. This confirms beyond doubt that she is coming in via the Nab Tower.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

How does that work? Is she still moving when you go onboard? How many people?

s

50 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

How does that work? Is she still moving when you go onboard? How many people?

s

As Solent Richard says , We can't give toooo much away 🤫 , however, watch this space 😉

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

As Solent Richard says , We can't give toooo much away 🤫 , however, watch this space 😉

It's on ice @Bell Boy

...and at least you won't have to be up with 'The Lark' 😂😂

ArrivalChampagne.thumb.jpeg.5d7592cab42f20d51f52c69be19cbe00.jpeg

😂

Edited by Solent Richard
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

It's on ice @Bell Boy

...and at least you won't have to be up with 'The Lark' 😂😂

ArrivalChampagne.thumb.jpeg.5d7592cab42f20d51f52c69be19cbe00.jpeg

😂

Are you LiveStreaming your visit Richard?

I assume that at least a blog will be up tonight?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

Are you LiveStreaming your visit Richard?

I assume that at least a blog will be up tonight?

Not sure about a blog tonight.

We will certainly be out on the water and subject to internet will be adding a few photographs here and on the Cunard facebook sites.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Solent Richard said:

Not sure about a blog tonight.

We will certainly be out on the water and subject to internet will be adding a few photographs here and on the Cunard facebook sites.

Assuming it's still light... is 8pm tied up still the schedule?

Internet works fine crossing to IoW so should be fine...

Edited by buchanan101

6 minutes ago, Ray66 said:

Marine Traffic is now showing QA sailing in west of the IoW.  This morning I'm sure it showed it sailing in east of the island.

Vesselfinder does too, but I’m not sure I believe it. It tends to show the shortest route, I think. Anyway, if it does go that way, I shall have to dash down to the pier and give it a wave.

Just now, exlondoner said:

Vesselfinder does too, but I’m not sure I believe it. It tends to show the shortest route, I think. Anyway, if it does go that way, I shall have to dash down to the pier and give it a wave.

Sorry, that was inexcusable. Please substitute she and her for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Ray66 said:

Marine Traffic is now showing QA sailing in west of the IoW.  This morning I'm sure it showed it sailing in east of the island.

23 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I agree it's most likely those sites calculating the shortest route. That might be an artifact of QA taking a more northerly track through the channel to avoid the traffic separation schemes further south.

7 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

I agree it's most likely those sites calculating the shortest route. That might be an artifact of QA taking a more northerly track through the channel to avoid the traffic separation schemes further south.

Looking at where she is now, she is definitely headed to the south of the IOW. So she’ll be too far away to see from Bournemouth.