Transportation from Boston Cruise Port to airport (Logan)

Our flight is at 12:30 PM, and we are looking for recommendations on best way to get to airport from cruise port.

I think the cruise lines has a shuttle, but if it is like most shuttles we use they wait until the bus is full.

Appreciate your suggestions as this will be out first disembarkation in Boston.

Thank you.

In addition to the usual suspects (taxi, ride share) the 'Silver Line' hybrid bus/train SL2 line stops near the 'Black Falcon' cruise terminal - there are 4 indicated stations where you can change to the Silver Line SL1 to Logan Airport terminals. see https://cdn.mbta.com/sites/default/files/media/route_pdfs/batch_6954/741-742-743-746-S2-P3.pdf

I think with any quality of luggage, I would elect for taxi or ride share.

24 minutes ago, Want2cruise-now said:

What is the earliest time to book departure flight from Boston after debarking ship? 

The cruise line will tell you noon if you want to use their transportation. As has been said, Boston Logan is only about 15 minutes from the cruise port in normal traffic. If the ship arrives on time, you self disembark, grab an Uber, etc you can make a flight earlier than noon. 

Personally I wouldn't be comfortable with anything much earlier than 10:30/11 but I'm also a frequent traveller, have all the Precheck and Clear etc, and I'm ok gambling with it a bit to get home earlier. 

• Like 1

Our flight is at 12:30 PM

Cruise line just sent an email regarding traffic and construction.

They recommend that guests use their shuttle rather than taxi or UBER/LYFT.

I thought I would grab a cab.  Rethinking this now.

Your comments are appreciated as we fly to Montreal Fri and communication will be spotty.

Thank you.

6 hours ago, cruiseorcamp said:

Our flight is at 12:30 PM

Cruise line just sent an email regarding traffic and construction.

They recommend that guests use their shuttle rather than taxi or UBER/LYFT.

I thought I would grab a cab.  Rethinking this now.

Your comments are appreciated as we fly to Montreal Fri and communication will be spotty.

Thank you.

If it's Holland, I got the same email. I live in Boston - there is always traffic and construction, it's nothing new (and provided there are no actual tunnel closures like last summer) it shouldn't be an issue. If there are taxis waiting, that is an easy option. If there aren't, I've never had an issue getting a Lyft or an Uber anywhere in Boston (I usually check both, as the price and the wait times vary between the two).

• Like 1

On 4/28/2024 at 12:38 PM, Rubyfisch said:

If it's Holland, I got the same email. I live in Boston - there is always traffic and construction, it's nothing new (and provided there are no actual tunnel closures like last summer) it shouldn't be an issue. If there are taxis waiting, that is an easy option. If there aren't, I've never had an issue getting a Lyft or an Uber anywhere in Boston (I usually check both, as the price and the wait times vary between the two).

@Rubyfisch As a Bostonian (hope that is the right term) maybe you can help us out a bit. We arrive Saturday May 25 aboard HAL's Volendam and have a flight booked that is scheduled to departs Logan at 6:35 PM. We probably get kicked off the ship around 9:00 AM. HAL offers a shore excursion with a drop-off at the airport (cost for 2; $ 320.00 US) but here is the problem. The bus leaves the port at 8:30 AM for a 2.5 hour tour of Boston so by my estimation we will be dropped off at 11:00 AM at the airport. We are not looking forward to spending 7+ hours at the airport.

Other option is renting a car for the day and do some sightseeing ourselves. So here is my question; where/who is the closest car rental place near the cruiseport with the option of dropping off at the airport. By the way, we have no idea which part of the cruiseport the Volendam will dock.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Theo

26 minutes ago, Renmar said:

@Rubyfisch As a Bostonian (hope that is the right term) maybe you can help us out a bit. We arrive Saturday May 25 aboard HAL's Volendam and have a flight booked that is scheduled to departs Logan at 6:35 PM. We probably get kicked off the ship around 9:00 AM. HAL offers a shore excursion with a drop-off at the airport (cost for 2; $ 320.00 US) but here is the problem. The bus leaves the port at 8:30 AM for a 2.5 hour tour of Boston so by my estimation we will be dropped off at 11:00 AM at the airport. We are not looking forward to spending 7+ hours at the airport.

Other option is renting a car for the day and do some sightseeing ourselves. So here is my question; where/who is the closest car rental place near the cruiseport with the option of dropping off at the airport. By the way, we have no idea which part of the cruiseport the Volendam will dock.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Theo

We get on when you get off - take good care of her for us!

So there is a Budget that is quite close. Depending on your desire to walk, you could definitely walk it. Assuming there is more than one of you, one person could get the car and the other person could wait with bags. There are some covered benches over by the design center (the giant white building across from the terminal). And the Budget is right near the Silver Line to the airport (which frankly would probably be faster, easier, and cheaper than trying to do a one at rental to the airport, but obviously depends on your plans).

Here is the info for the Budget:

Screenshot_20240502-184557.thumb.png.69d66d166f03b6e9d4bee2dc67d8dfad.png

@Rubyfisch Tanks for the info, much appreciated.

We are with the 4 of us, my DW- our son- our DIL and myself so I think it would be fair if one of the young ones get the car.

And yes, we will make sure that the ship is spic & span 😉.

Theo

8 hours ago, Renmar said:

@Rubyfisch Tanks for the info, much appreciated.

We are with the 4 of us, my DW- our son- our DIL and myself so I think it would be fair if one of the young ones get the car.

And yes, we will make sure that the ship is spic & span 😉.

Theo

An alternative would be to get yourself over to the Rowes Wharf Water Taxi station in Boston.  Buy a ticket for a later water taxi ride to Logan Airport, the ticket price includes luggage storage.  Leave your bags with them and explore Boston to your heart's content.  They are right near Faneuil Hall and the Freedom Trail, etc.

Or, most hotels will hold your bags for a nice tip.  $20 for 4 bags should do it.