Almost forgot to pay!

Final payment deadline was yesterday and I almost missed it. Paid it at 10PM. How screwed would I have been if I had missed it? How much of a pain would it have been to get my same room back?

They might have given you a days grace but maybe not.  Years ago friends were going to cruise with us.  They did not make final payment and our CVP contacted them numerous times  and even reached out to us. The reservation was canceled after 3 or 4 days. Not sure they would be this lenient today, depends on the number of available cabins I guess.

48 minutes ago, ZapRowsdower said:

Final payment deadline was yesterday and I almost missed it. Paid it at 10PM. How screwed would I have been if I had missed it? How much of a pain would it have been to get my same room back?

Good thing you won’t have to find out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

They might have given you a days grace but maybe not.  Years ago friends were going to cruise with us.  They did not make final payment and our CVP contacted them numerous times  and even reached out to us. The reservation was canceled after 3 or 4 days. Not sure they would be this lenient today, depends on the number of available cabins I guess.

The fine print said the payment was due at 5PM Eastern, so technically I was 6 hours late! Glad nothing was canceled.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If the booking were to be canceled you likely could reinstate it, but it also likely would be at the current stateroom fare and associated promotions.

That actually is one additional advantage of booking through a TA as they will track payment dates and remind you ahead of time.  Often they will actually process the payment a few days or so ahead of time to assure there are no issues in processing your payment.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

5 hours ago, ZapRowsdower said:

The fine print said the payment was due at 5PM Eastern, so technically I was 6 hours late! Glad nothing was canceled.

you dodged a painful bullet!

Luckily my agent starts sending me reminders around 3 weeks out.    I usually pay a week before the cruise.   If my CC just billed I usually just go ahead and pay.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

That actually is one additional advantage of booking through a TA as they will track payment dates and remind you ahead of time.

Not happy with our TA.

They did just that so we rang a week early, just to make sure we could use a Credit Card. As we were on the phone, we decided to pay.

We were sent a receipt, which only showed the deposit as being paid.

The Credit Card didn’t indicate a pending payment.

We rang again the next day and fortunately spoke to a different agent, who took the payment.

I’m now worrying that the first agent has our credit card number and may use it himself.😱

Edited by upwarduk

On 4/24/2024 at 12:48 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Luckily my agent starts sending me reminders around 3 weeks out.    I usually pay a week before the cruise.   If my CC just billed I usually just go ahead and pay.

We got a phone call yesterday afternoon about our final payment and the CC getting rejected.  We had gotten a replacement card several months ago and completely forgotten it was the one on record to use for the final payment.  

Dodged that bullet.

Funny because I really only just browse the forums, and happened to read the OP here earlier in the day yesterday.  Wacky coincidence it almost happened to us that same day.