Cruise Personaliser Weirdness

Posted (edited)

The other day I uploaded a photo as part of the check-in process for my cruise departing on the 18th May. All went well, and I printed off my boarding card. A day or two later I decided that the photo wasn't very good and that I would replace it with a better one. So I clicked on Remove, after which the space for the photo was correctly empty, then clicked on Upload, uploaded my new photo and - once I had it positioned correctly - clicked on Save. After which it reverted to showing the old photo that I had supposedly removed! Several other attempts were exactly the same. I suppose it doesn't really matter since, if P&O don't think the photo is adequate, I'll simply be photographed at the terminal on the day, but it's still annoying.

Edited by jh1809

Honestly I wouldn’t worry, every time I’ve slaved for hours to get a photo where I don’t look like a complete state, they just replace it at port and take one where I look like a confused meerkat who’s been dragged through a hedge or 4. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 15

27 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

I suppose it doesn't really matter

I'm sure you can find better things to fret about ..Enjoy your cruise .🙂

• Like 2

I used the same photo for my 2022 and 2023 cruises as it took ages to get right and it was accepted both times. 
I used it again this year and she took a new photo of me this time! 🤷‍♀️ 

I have attached my passport photo, or taken photos using my laptop when checking in online but they always take another photo when I check in at the terminal. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

Cannot remember from one year to another got signed in online for boarding passes printed out ,credit card sorted photos left with labels to print at moment will not print seem to think maybe tomorrow? Anybody get the same problem seem to think was the same last year .

Another weird thing is having to log into each cruise differently.  Why on earth, once you have logged in, you should be able to edit all your cruises.  You can with Fred.  

20 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Another weird thing is having to log into each cruise differently.  Why on earth, once you have logged in, you should be able to edit all your cruises.  You can with Fred.  

Yes, that would make a LOT of sense and I've been with more than one line who does it that way.

I did get my labels printed later on in the day used my old faithfull pc and seemed to work better then phone or Samsung pad .

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Re labels etc - sometimes trying a different browser works.

My wife found a new-to-her clothing website today and wanted to buy loads of items. Got them into her basket but the page would not show "proceed to payment" bit, so stuck.

Great, I thought, saved some money there - but she tried again on Chrome and it all went through without a hitch. DOH!

Edited by bbtablet