Mini fridge on Royal Princess?

mattR

Yes all cabins have mini fridges they are empty unless you are elite or in a suite those guests get a one time set up of a mini bar which contains mini liquors, can beer, bottle water and sodas.

All cabins have fridges.  They are not stocked unless you are in a full suite (not mini-suite) or are Elite in the Captain's Circle.  There are some bottled/canned beverage packages you can purchase which would stock the fridge for you.  I've never had to ask a cabin steward to keep ice in my fridge, but mine always have.  If your cabin steward isn't refreshing your ice, you can ask them to and they will keep you stocked.

Most mini-refrigerator in every cabin are not really refrigerators but more of a cooler.  It will keep cans/bottles above room temperature but doesn't store/keep foods very well.  

• Thanks 1

On my recent CB cruise this past summer, housekeeping/maintenance could not get our refrigerator to work properly...at all, over 13 days.  We were informed that it was a cooler and not a refrigerator (barely would cool anything).  We were also told there was none on the ship to replace it and that it was a specific size and could not be replaced either.  

On a cruise to Hawaii on the Grand, I would "store" chocolate covered strawberries in the refrigerator.  They would mold within days.  That "cooler" never felt cold either.

That has been my experience. Don't know if it is because these were older ships.  I will only use the box to store things overnight.  Anything else, I would not deem safe like I would at home. 

Posted (edited)

On the 2 year old Discovery last month the mini fridge kept our beers, sodas & bottled water cold…it even kept our UBD chocolate dessert cold until we had enough room in our stomachs to eat it the next day. ☺️

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

I didn't have any issue with mine on the Ruby earlier this year. It was cold. In balcony cabins the fridge is adjacent to the outside wall/balcony door. The curtain sometimes blocks the fridge vent making it less efficient. 

12 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Most mini-refrigerator in every cabin are not really refrigerators but more of a cooler.  It will keep cans/bottles above room temperature but doesn't store/keep foods very well.  

I also thought the refrigerators never worked that well and always fiddled with the dial to get maximum cooling. That is until I read on a thread here to leave the wooden cabinet door open a little to improve ventilation. Last two cruises I've done that and the refrigerator works normally and keeps my beer nice and cold.

• Like 1

I have read that if you keep your ice bucket in the fridge and keep the outside cabinet door open it keeps it nice and cold in the fridge. I will see if that works in July!

9 minutes ago, jean-lynd said:

I have read that if you keep your ice bucket in the fridge and keep the outside cabinet door open it keeps it nice and cold in the fridge. I will see if that works in July!

You might have to request the ice bucket from your steward.

Our last few cruises, there has been no ice bucket unless requested.

4 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

You might have to request the ice bucket from your steward.

Our last few cruises, there has been no ice bucket unless requested.

I have always had to ask for one.