Early Dinning Time Changed by Royal.

We are sailing on Independence of the seas on May 18th and selected the early dinning option. The cruise docs that we received after we checked in stated that early dinning was 5:30pm. However, after we received our cabin assignment (we booked a gty balcony) we got updated cruise docs that state that early dinning is now 5:00pm. Does anyone know if this is a new change for Royal or maybe just specific to our sailing? Anyone else have their dinning room time change? Thanks! 

It’s quite common now for main seating to be at 5pm.  It’s been what we’ve experienced for the past several cruises even though it’s shown as 5:30 elsewhere.  They want to get people in and out earlier so they can clear tables for the My Time Dining crowd.

Times do Change, Ships I'm on last two yrs in Sept its at 5pm, in Oct-Nov start time is 530. Then been on multiple Cruises where after boarding time is different then what was listed. Happens

Ever since they started putting my time dining on the same floor, they changed early dining to 5:00 to get everyone out of the way for 6:45 my timers to come on. 

Haven't sailed Royal in several years... but are sailing on Adventure in August... I notice that when I tried to make my time dining reservations ..the earliest I could get was 6:45... I assumed earlier times were already booked. On Celebrity their Select Dining starts at 6:00.  Am I correct that 6:45 is the earliest on Royal for My Time?

Thank you for this, because I thought I was seeing things. When I initially booked, it said 5:30 for early dining. Now my docs say 5:00. Not a huge deal, but I would have liked that extra 30 minutes to get ready for dinner.

This is a bit of a curveball by RC if you aren't a frequent cruiser or are scouring message boards.

I got cruise docs today for a cruise and the time said 5pm. Granted I knew this was going to happen, but still the app shows 5:30. Eventually the app will change to 5pm.

We always do late dining and it varies from 8p to 830p. I guess it depends on ship and or itinerary?? I heard some of the ships are trying 3 traditional dining times which should really throw a monkey wrench into it!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mets123 said:

Could this be the start of the three fixed dinner seatings that was discussed a few ago , an early, mid, and late seating,?

Heck, Start MTD at 4pm and folks would be lined up.  They could turn tables at least four times.

Edited by neverbeenhere

When we booked our August Freedom in February our early dining was listed as 5:15pm. After final payment this week our invoice now shows our dining time as 5:45pm.