QA Canaries 10 May Comments

exlondoner

The taxi will arrive soon, and we are waiting with an unusual mixture of anticipation and trepidation. I know there are many posters on this cruise, so feel free add your comments as well, if you have internet time. One thing: it is a gorgeous day in the South.

• Like 9

We have just done the maiden, and feel that the majority of issues we experienced on our voyage should be sorted out for our next one. It will be interesting to see how different the next 2 weeks will be. One issue that may be permanent is the lifts. They seem to be woefully inadequate and there are long waits for a lift and they are often crowded. There is also this annoying voice that lets you know if the lift you are in is going up or down. Welcome on board, it will be interesting to see what your thoughts on Queen Anne are 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

The taxi will arrive soon, and we are waiting with an unusual mixture of anticipation and trepidation. I know there are many posters on this cruise, so feel free add your comments as well, if you have internet time. One thing: it is a gorgeous day in the South.

Bon voyage! Nice that you have good weather to start your cruise.

• Thanks 1

Have a fantastic time. Yes, the weather in the South is lovely. We've just returned to London and it feels like we're still in Lisbon!

Here are the passenger and crew counts for this Queen Anne cruise to the Canaries courtesy of the blue spanners on the Solent Ships YouTube channel. These are the figures reported by Queen Anne via radio to Southampton VTS upon departure this evening. The radio reception last week didn't allow for hearing the figures for the maiden voyage but better luck this week.

Queen Anne - May 10, 2024:  2,596 passengers; 1,252 crew

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We boarded ( first naturally😙) with me in a very sceptical frame of mind as this most certainly isn’t our second home.

My fears came to fruition. 

There was no orchid bud vase on our table in the restaurant at lunchtime!

Add the fact the bed is so high ( nothing to do with my short legs as my husband unkindly pointed out) and Cunard have designated deck 10 for the Grills instead of the deck eleven we’re used to and twice I bypassed deck 10 and had to walk down stairs (actually walk) to ten, and you can understand why there will be a serious letter of complaint going to the senior management team at Cunard Central!

🤨

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

In all seriousness now, this ship is not the Cunard we’re used to but that isn’t  a minus. It’s different.

There are some issues which need addressing, not least the lifts. Looking at the demographics, the fact you have to be an Olympic sprinter to access a lift before the doors close if you happen to be on the opposite side of the lobby and the fact Cunard omitted the passenger hoists in order for the creaky knees and dodgy hips to arise out of some of the chairs are things which do need addressing, the seats not adding hoists!

Taking the fact this is just a gut initial reaction, we are pleasantly surprised how pleased we are so far.

• Like 6

looking forward to the rest of your posts , if I can add my threepence worth having disembarked yesterday I'm afraid I was underwhelmed with some aspects of my experience, especially the Queens Room and the opportunity for evening dancing . 

• Like 6

Just now, Bell Boy said:

looking forward to the rest of your posts , if I can add my threepence worth having disembarked yesterday I'm afraid I was underwhelmed with some aspects of my experience, especially the Queens Room and the opportunity for evening dancing . 

You certainly can. There was a great  Motown evening in the Queens room last night, most of which we missed as we made the mistake of going to the theatre where we sat right at the back and you wouldn’t believe the number of negative comments we heard, most of them being ‘it’s just a big cinema'. 

Well yes, it is a bit but so what. Acoustics were great ( not keen on the act hence 'the mistake') and I would have thought everyone had a decent view which is more than can be said through the curved 'don’t fall over the balcony' Perspex on the Vistas!

'Proper' dancing in the Queens Room could definitely be taking a back seat on this ship.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gorgeous weather. Cabin very nice, but would be stupendous if it didn’t have the partition in the middle. Beds very comfortable. I am spending the next fortnight looking at a wall in the QG. Navigation of ship quite complicated, as is putting on a life jacket. QG Lounge a dark hell hole, though you can see out of the roof. Commodore Club gorgeous.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, didn’t see this thread before I started a slightly tongue in cheek one of my own.

You have my sympathies. We have a superb table. Would you like to meet up sometime to compare notes and cabins?

30 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Sorry, didn’t see this thread before I started a slightly tongue in cheek one of my own.

I can merge the 2 threads if you are both happy to share.

39 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

You have my sympathies. We have a superb table. Would you like to meet up sometime to compare notes and cabins?

I think I know who you are. If you are at lunch, I will come and say hello. 😀

• Like 1

I agree the lifts are a hazard. They have the same capacity as the Vista lifts, I think. That is a highly fictitious 18. But the doors are hyperactive, and given the general decrepitude of Cunard passengers, many will be squashed. I have had several fights with them already, for they are quite determined.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

As our first cruise is on the horizon the table comments have made me think. Used to a superb table on Seabourn and never thought could be given a bad table 😀