Favorite YC meals

mica178

Anyone want to recommend their favorite meals (and dishes to avoid) at the YC restaurant? I recall most pasta dishes being excellent. I also recall not enjoying the cioppino. 

In general I'd suggest keeping a close eye on the 'Healthy' section of the menu as they will slip in some excellent choices there, like the butter chicken, and it is all too easy to miss them if you don't study that section every day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Where to begin....

Filet Mignon, casarecce, Lobster, tornedos, butterchicken, escargot, champagner Rissotto, all kind of soups, especialy bouliabase..... the salads also tasting good if it should be lighter dishes...

For Desert all sorts of icecream and the Tiramisu for sure.....

For breakfast "MSC Express" will make me very happy.....

Almost all the risottos.  We always asked to split a portion for our first course before the entree and they always brought out an entire portion each of us which, of course, we both ate.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

Have you tried the oysterrisotto? It looks grouse but tastes delicious, I think.

Hi SC.  Currently on Seascape.  Never did get to meet up after almost doing so on Divina. 

Devilled rooster is on the lunch menu today.  Had it on Mera’s first sailing and it was delish.  Hopefully it’ll be as good here today.  Also, filet mignon, beautifully charred, was good the other night.  Had it in the Aurea MDR last night and missed the charring. 

IMG_9013.thumb.jpeg.ca737a09d415bf07669a279fd35d757c.jpeg

IMG_9014.thumb.jpeg.aebb7d2ac861a5b7928998c43e111f4f.jpeg

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 2

After three YC cruises and another one coming up in July on the Seashore, the only dish I can’t seem to like is their fish. Every main I have ordered has been overcooked and dry. I have politely sent the dish back each time and they bring me back the same dry fish. Will try again this cruise. 

avoid the filet on mera.  2 weeks ago tried it 2x and it was average at best. our supermarket filet we make at home was better.

you must try the lunch buffet on the pool deck. the salmon and other things were very good. we didnt even do lunch in the restaurant but one time. it was the 1st day and the burger was ghastly. didnt eat it. the food on the buffet is superior. you can eat healthy or not there. one reason we rebooked is that pool buffet. was fantastic sitting up there eating and being outside