Coco Cay-experience Coco Beach Club v. Hideaway Day Pass

Good morning

We leave next Monday on Indy (yeah).  I know there is a big difference in price, but I am wondering about the difference in experience of these to spots on the Island.  While the "adults only" is a big draw for us, would we be better at the Club?  Access to beach and pool?  I have read quite a bit and it seems the day pass can be loud, but I read you can go to the end of the beach and it might be quieter.  Wondering if the club is loud also?   TIA

This really depends on what kind of experience you are interested in. 

If you want the party vibe then the Hideaway is most likely your best bet....but the food is marginal.  If you are looking for a more sedate and upgraded experience, the Beach Club is what you want.

This time of year, the heated pool at Hideaway isn't going to make much of a difference.  In the winter/early spring, I would say the heated pool would be a factor, but probably not right now.

If money is no object I would definitely say to go with the Beach Club just for the far superior food but if all you really want is a loud DJ and a beach/pool lounger and "no kids" is a big deal, then the Hideaway will work.

Personally, I wouldn't spend money on either of them but that's just me.

• Like 2

Thanks RFerrington for the reply. I feel it's more FOMO than anything.  I just feel the last time we were there, we had a day bed.  It was great not being on top of everyone else. I think that's more what I am looking for.  I hate that all the loungers are so close together.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

Thanks RFerrington for the reply. I feel it's more FOMO than anything.  I just feel the last time we were there, we had a day bed.  It was great not being on top of everyone else. I think that's more what I am looking for.  I hate that all the loungers are so close together.

You definitely should go with the beach club. Hideaway is a party area and the loungers on the beach are very close together. As someone else mentioned, Hideaway has a heated pool, which made it worth paying to go there (we went 3 times in February and March). I wouldn’t pay for Hideaway this time of year. I was at Coco Cay earlier this week. The water temperature in the ocean and Oasis Lagoon was perfect. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

You definitely should go with the beach club. Hideaway is a party area and the loungers on the beach are very close together. As someone else mentioned, Hideaway has a heated pool, which made it worth paying to go there (we went 3 times in February and March). I wouldn’t pay for Hideaway this time of year. I was at Coco Cay earlier this week. The water temperature in the ocean and Oasis Lagoon was perfect. 

Thank you for this. I think we will do the club. Is there a beach there as well? 

39 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

Thank you.  I just cancelled hideawy and purchased the club. 

We love Beach Club--and the pool there is heated as well.  It's a really nice way to spend the day. Enjoy!

Teddie

6 hours ago, cruisegal40 said:

Good morning

We leave next Monday on Indy (yeah).  I know there is a big difference in price, but I am wondering about the difference in experience of these to spots on the Island.  While the "adults only" is a big draw for us, would we be better at the Club?  Access to beach and pool?  I have read quite a bit and it seems the day pass can be loud, but I read you can go to the end of the beach and it might be quieter.  Wondering if the club is loud also?   TIA

There is no need to buy into RCCL's money grab to charge you for beach space. We always park on the *free* Chill Beach near the bar and buffet. Free beach, free drinks (with Diamond vouchers), free food, free loungers, free umbrellas, free beach, free ocean. Why pay more?

• Like 5

First, you don't NEED to spend anything to have a great time at Coco Cay.  We love the free beaches and always get off early to get a front-row chair.  The no-extra-cost food is good and different from what we have on the ship.  

If you're inclined to go for an upgraded experience, I'd ask myself, "Do I plan to stay on the island the whole day?"  I can't see paying and staying just a couple hours like so many people do.  

Having said that:  

Hideaway Beach doesn't appeal to me because of the loud music.  I like to read, and if I want music I'd rather go with headphones /my own choices.  I might opt for Hideaway IF I were traveling in the winter (I would enjoy the heated pool) AND if the cost were under $30.  

The Beach Club is outrageously priced.  I kinda don't see the point.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Depends on what you consider "outrageous". The price fluctuates wildly, for sure, but I've never paid more than $90/per person. That is well-worth it for the two of us.  

Teddie

Edited by teddie

19 minutes ago, teddie said:

Depends on what you consider "outrageous". The price fluctuates wildly, for sure, but I've never paid more than $90/per person. That is well-worth it for the two of us.  

Teddie

Just curious, have you seen $90 PP lately? It does fluctuate a lot, as you said, but the best I've encountered in the past couple of years was $125 on a black Friday sale. One of our upcoming cruises is currently showing $195 as a 30% off sale price. 😬 Maybe I'm just unlucky. 

29 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Just curious, have you seen $90 PP lately? It does fluctuate a lot, as you said, but the best I've encountered in the past couple of years was $125 on a black Friday sale. One of our upcoming cruises is currently showing $195 as a 30% off sale price. 😬 Maybe I'm just unlucky. 

Each of the three times that I purchased BC, it was during Black Friday sales.  The sailings were between Feb 2023 and the most recent being the March 17, 2024 Anthem sailing.  I think I've just been lucky! 🙂

Teddie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teddie said:

Teddie

I'm aware that my worth-it meter is set lower than most people's, but I would never pay $90.  I'd consider it at $30, but that's never going to happen.  I've been 100% happy with the no-cost options at Coco Cay. 

Royal probably likes you better than they like me. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I'm aware that my worth-it meter is set lower than most people's, but I would never pay $90.  I'd consider it at $30, but that's never going to happen.  I've been 100% happy with the no-cost options at Coco Cay. 

Royal probably likes you better than they like me. 

We will return if the price is right 🙂

Teddie

2 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

First, you don't NEED to spend anything to have a great time at Coco Cay.  We love the free beaches and always get off early to get a front-row chair.  The no-extra-cost food is good and different from what we have on the ship.  

If you're inclined to go for an upgraded experience, I'd ask myself, "Do I plan to stay on the island the whole day?"  I can't see paying and staying just a couple hours like so many people do.  

Having said that:  

Hideaway Beach doesn't appeal to me because of the loud music.  I like to read, and if I want music I'd rather go with headphones /my own choices.  I might opt for Hideaway IF I were traveling in the winter (I would enjoy the heated pool) AND if the cost were under $30.  

I understand your point, but everyone has a different perspective about what something is worth to them. Someone could easily tell me why drive a BMW when you could buy a Honda (for example) for 50 percent less. It’s not a matter of right or wrong, just different priorities. As for the Beach Club, in my opinion it is by far the nicest part of Coco Cay, although I won’t pay more than $100 per person to go there. 

• Like 2

We have done both.  It really depends upon your budget.  The Beach Club was great- we had a beautiful lobster lunch- table service- you pay for alcoholic drinks unless you have the package.  The pool and beach are great.  Now the beach club is very expensive- so I wouldn't do again unless the rates drop to under $85. pp.  I would rather dine in a specialty restaurant a couple of times on board.  While the food was good- not 5 star.  

The  Hideaway adults only, was great- yes a party vibe but a great pool- music and a huge pool bar.  Some dancers were also at the site.  We had chairs and umbrella's near the pool.  Food was typical junk food- but you could leave the area and get something else at other food areas.  The hideaway was very reasonable and IMO I wouldn't go to the Beach Club unless the rates get slashed.   You can also enjoy other areas of the beautiful island for free- and enjoy the free food. 

58 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

It really depends upon your budget.

It's more personal valuation than budget for me. I've done the Beach Club (via cabana) twice when treated by family and loved it. I've never done Hideaway but have read multiple reviews and watched videos (not really for me so I've passed at $19.99-$22.99pp). In the end, neither are worth it to me.

I can afford either but, like others mentioned, I enjoy the included options so much that I don't value anything either pay venue provides enough to pay anything. Others will obviously value those venues more than I do... and that's cool too.

No wrong answer here, just personal preference.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If you can spend $1000-$3000 for a cabana- go for it- we cannot!  But of course if you can not afford  a cabana-   a nice option is the Hideaway-  You can also get a cabana at the hideaway if you desire.

Plenty  of free options also for those who want to spend a great day at the beach!

Edited by Cruise a holic

18 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Sorry to tag onto this post but is it loud by the Hideout Cabanas?

I'm interested in this question as well.  We're considering one of the Hideout Cabanas because the Beach Club cabanas cost more than our cabin.  Insane.  I like the idea of the little private infinity pool, and the ability to spend some time in the main pool party atmosphere, but don't want to have to deal with loud music in the cabana itself.

10 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

everyone has a different perspective about what something is worth to them. Someone could easily tell me why drive a BMW when you could buy a Honda (for example) for 50 percent less. It’s not a matter of right or wrong, just different priorities.

^^ This! I won't tell someone who chooses to stick to the complimentary amenities at Coco Cay that it's the wrong choice, and the same goes for those who always get a cabana no matter the cost. 

Speaking STRICTLY for myself and DH: we aren't fans of being sandwiched next to hundreds of our closest friends. 😉 You'll never see us on the pool deck on a sea day, for example, and we aren't super comfortable spending long stretches at the complimentary beach areas. That being said, we also don't want to spend as much $$ at Coco Cay as we did on one of our cruise fares (or even both, for some of the amenities!).

So when 1) we plan to spend a good chunk of the day there and 2) prices are what we consider to be reasonable, we will often get a day bed or a Beach Club pass. Otherwise, we just spend an hour or two at Chill Island and retreat to the ship. 

Your experience/priorities/cost-value assessment can and likely will differ. 🙂 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We have done both.  It really depends upon your budget.  

No, it depends upon your values and choices.  Just because you have the money doesn't mean you're willing to spend the money. 

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

If you can spend $1000-$3000 for a cabana- go for it- we cannot!  But of course if you can not afford  a cabana-  

This is a perfect example.  I can absolutely afford a cabana, but I'll choose to take a second cruise rather than blowing that much money on a couple hours.  And, anyway, I really LIKE the no-cost options on Coco Cay; spending more doesn't enhance my time on Coco Cay.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

No, it depends upon your values and choices.  Just because you have the money doesn't mean you're willing to spend the money. 

This is a perfect example.  I can absolutely afford a cabana, but I'll choose to take a second cruise rather than blowing that much money on a couple hours.  And, anyway, I really LIKE the no-cost options on Coco Cay; spending more doesn't enhance my time on Coco Cay.

My take: 

If you choose to pay then pay.  If you want to go “freebie” then do that.

End of story. 

Teddie 

• Like 2

We got the BC for $117/person.  I had OBC so I can use it for that and that's paying for one person plus.  We are the type that sits on the second level around the pool. Do not like being on top of each other.  We will be at CC all day. We are early risers and will be there very early and stay all day.  So for me, I think it's worth it. 

• Like 1