Live From Eclipse( sort of)

Lois R

5 minutes ago, jcpc said:

@philpcruiser No suite for me on this sailing......I stayed in a Concierge Class room on this sailing.  I had access to Michael's Club due to my Zenith status.  And I have kept in touch with Moniek after sailing with her for many cruises so I knew she was in Luminae.  

Regarding the "VIP Luncheon" (which is what, if I recall correctly, they used to call this luncheon).  Yes, Eclipse had the VIP Luncheon in addition to the Zenith Luncheon.  So, if you're in a RS or PH, I'm positive you'll be invited to the "VIP Luncheon".

Also, if you're in RS or PH don't forget Celebrity has a priority Luggage Drop in Bayonne located right in front of the terminal doors (right after Zone 6) for RS/PH occupants!

Thanks for the update.  We keep track of our waiters in luminae.   They are the best.  And yes, aware of the luggage drop at CL.

Hello again. I am sitting on my balcony which has 1 lounger, 2 chairs with foot stools and a large table. So it seems this suite has all the items most people would want. I will be very responsible with the furniture🙂

Someone asked about my cabin.....i am in a sky suite all the way aft with a very good sized balcony. My luggage arrived and I am unpacked.

They had lunch opened in Luminae and I ate with a nice couple I had met earlier inside the terminal.  Food and company were both very good.

• Like 10

Oh and now I am really LIVE From Eclipse🙂

And I forgot to post about my arrival. Embassy Suites had a shuttle service that cost me 22.00. It only took us about 20 minutes to get here. I took my carry on with me and went in the terminal and suite guests had their own section. We boarded the ship before 11:00am. Went to my muster station and that took all of 3 minutes. Then dropped off my carry on at the cabin. The cabin itself is very good size and it was worth it to me. 

Anyway, more later.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hello again. I am sitting on my balcony which has 1 lounger, 2 chairs with foot stools and a large table. So it seems this suite has all the items most people would want. I will be very responsible with the furniture🙂

Someone asked about my cabin.....i am in a sky suite all the way aft with a very good sized balcony. My luggage arrived and I am unpacked.

They had lunch opened in Luminae and I ate with a nice couple I had met earlier inside the terminal.  Food and company were both very good.

Great to hear you have a lounger and chairs with foot stools!

Enjoy your cruise, Lois. I’ll be following along. My brother, his wife, their daughter, and her wife are onboard for this cruise. They’ve never sailed Celebrity before. I’m sure they are going to have a wonderful time. 

Hi, dinner in Lumiae was ok....I actually ordered something from the main dining room menu. I sat next to a nice couple from Denver. We chatted and ended up walking through the shops after dinner. I decided to get a latte in AL Bacio and they went on their way.

It has only been the first day, but what stands out to me is all the people and crowded elevators. I am used to ships that only hold 600 on average.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, May B said:

Bon voyage, Lois!

Were you amazed at how crowded breakfast was? Did you find some Eclipse cruisers to sit with? Or did you get to enjoy a nice table by yourself?

I had breakfast solo. Yes, it was busy. Were you there?

28 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I am used to ships that only hold 600 on average.

I was wondering how that adjustment was going to go...

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I was wondering how that adjustment was going to go...

I have to say I have met some very nice people though. But you are correct, there is an adjustment to all the people.

• Like 1

We were on the Eclipse 2 weeks ago. I enjoyed the ship and Bermuda.  The elevators were crowded but no more than similar ships until the morning leaving the ship. Being in a suite you will have no issues but in the daily planner there is a bar code you can scan if you have comments. I scanned the code with a 2 comments and the next day I had ships crew fixing the peeling paint on the balcony and the head of the dinning room insisted on a room service breakfast with the food we had asked about.  I was shocked and impressed.  

• Like 4

I will be on the Eclipse in 2025.  Can someone explain what you get with a Concierge Balcony vs a regular balcony?  I’m wondering if it is worth it.  Thank you.

Posted (edited)

Hi Lois. I am following. Suzanne let us know about your thread. Do you plan to go to Retreat/Michael's Club (not sure what it is called on Eclipse)? We always enjoy the pre-happy hour appetizers in Retreat from 3:30-4:30pm.

Edited by TourDeCruise

9 hours ago, TourDeCruise said:

Hi Lois. I am following. Suzanne let us know about your thread. Do you plan to go to Retreat/Michael's Club (not sure what it is called on Eclipse)? We always enjoy the pre-happy hour appetizers in Retreat from 3:30-4:30pm.

Hi Kathy, yes I will stop in Michael's Club today (I think it is still called by that name).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ellaleah said:

I will be on the Eclipse in 2025.  Can someone explain what you get with a Concierge Balcony vs a regular balcony?  I’m wondering if it is worth it.  Thank you.

Amenities

• Exclusive Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch
  • 1 bottle of Sparkling Wine per cruise upon request.
  • Daily delectable delights
  • Pillow selection upon request
  • Use of umbrella and binoculars
  • Celebrity embossed key holder

Stateroom Features

• King-sized bed**
  • eXhale® bedding   
  • Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors
  • Sitting area with sofa
  • Veranda with lounge seating
  • Individual safe
  • Dual voltage 110/220 AC
  • Mini-fridge*
  • Hair dryer

Services

• Personalized Concierge service
  • Exclusive Destination Seminar
  • Laundry service*
  • Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

• Main & specialty restaurant seating time preference upon availability
  • Exclusive Welcome Aboard Lunch on boarding day in the main dining room. Choose the earliest check-in times so you don't miss your welcome aboard Concierge Class lunch. (Welcome lunch times may vary by ship & itinerary.)
  • 24-hour room service

*Additional charges apply
**Bed as large or larger than average standard international king-size bed  † $9.95 service fee and 20% gratuity may apply

4 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

Amenities

• Exclusive Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch
  • 1 bottle of Sparkling Wine per cruise upon request.
  • Daily delectable delights
  • Pillow selection upon request
  • Use of umbrella and binoculars
  • Celebrity embossed key holder

Stateroom Features

• King-sized bed**
  • eXhale® bedding   
  • Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors
  • Sitting area with sofa
  • Veranda with lounge seating
  • Individual safe
  • Dual voltage 110/220 AC
  • Mini-fridge*
  • Hair dryer

Services

• Personalized Concierge service
  • Exclusive Destination Seminar
  • Laundry service*
  • Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

• Main & specialty restaurant seating time preference upon availability
  • Exclusive Welcome Aboard Lunch on boarding day in the main dining room. Choose the earliest check-in times so you don't miss your welcome aboard Concierge Class lunch. (Welcome lunch times may vary by ship & itinerary.)
  • 24-hour room service

*Additional charges apply
**Bed as large or larger than average standard international king-size bed  † $9.95 service fee and 20% gratuity may apply

We booked our first ConciergeClass cabin ever for our Solstice cruise next April. Did it for the cabin location and not for the above perks. I must say though that Celebrity’s marketing staff could make a day stranded in the Sahara with no water sound appealing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

10 hours ago, Volk9048 said:

We were on the Eclipse 2 weeks ago. I enjoyed the ship and Bermuda.  The elevators were crowded but no more than similar ships until the morning leaving the ship. Being in a suite you will have no issues but in the daily planner there is a bar code you can scan if you have comments. I scanned the code with a 2 comments and the next day I had ships crew fixing the peeling paint on the balcony and the head of the dinning room insisted on a room service breakfast with the food we had asked about.  I was shocked and impressed.  

Good morning, crowded is a relative term, in my opinion. Trying to get more people in the elevator than what would be comfortable? That is crowded to me. Folks want to squeeze in there......I will wait for the next one.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, crowded is a relative term, in my opinion. Trying to get more people in the elevator than what would be comfortable? That is crowded to me. Folks want to squeeze in there......I will wait for the next one.

I wonder what the actual passenger limit on a ship is.  I know a passenger number is mentioned  but canthey a certain % over that? Celebrity ran a sale 3rd person sails free. Maybe that is what is making the ships seem far more crowded

2 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

I wonder what the actual passenger limit on a ship is.  I know a passenger number is mentioned  but canthey a certain % over that? Celebrity ran a sale 3rd person sails free. Maybe that is what is making the ships seem far more crowded

Maybe, but it seems crowded to me because I have been sailing on much smaller vessels recently. What can I tell you? I am just being honest with my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Maybe, but it seems crowded to me because I have been sailing on much smaller vessels recently. What can I tell you? I am just being honest with my opinion.

Thanks so much for your review!

I feel your pain .... I  sailed on Explora in November and March and followed up on Apex 8 weeks later. I still have PCSD - Post Celebrity Stress Disorder.  I don't think that my eyelid will ever stop twitching!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

We've sailed many times on S class (not E yet) and considering a 'smaller' cruise ship.  When you switched from X did you find it a somewhat 'less' experience?  So used to the crowds DH thinks it may be 'lonely'..lol.  You must have felt an improvement having 17 small ship cruises.

10 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

We've sailed many times on S class (not E yet) and considering a 'smaller' cruise ship.  When you switched from X did you find it a somewhat 'less' experience?  So used to the crowds DH thinks it may be 'lonely'..lol.  You must have felt an improvement having 17 small ship cruises.

Hi, less as in? Less activities? Less what? I honestly loved my cruises with SS......so as for feeling lonely? The amount of people does not affect that...a person can feel lonely with 3,000 others on board or 600.....that would depend upon the person really. 

It is just an entirely different vibe.....if you want specific examples, let me know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1