Plus package question

Hi Princess cruises. I'm excited to be back among you after a long hiatus. As soon as I read of the line's return to San Juan departures, I booked a solo cruise. I booked a premium ocean view stateroom and the Plus package. 

Now, I have a friend who I trust to add to my booking and share my stateroom...I'll even cover her share, I'll only ask her to pay her tax and port fees. Will she though be required to also purchase the plus package? I'm thinking the answer is yes but maybe someone here will have insight? 

Thanks everybody. 🙂

47 minutes ago, Worn out mailman said:

Hi Princess cruises. I'm excited to be back among you after a long hiatus. As soon as I read of the line's return to San Juan departures, I booked a solo cruise. I booked a premium ocean view stateroom and the Plus package. 

Now, I have a friend who I trust to add to my booking and share my stateroom...I'll even cover her share, I'll only ask her to pay her tax and port fees. Will she though be required to also purchase the plus package? I'm thinking the answer is yes but maybe someone here will have insight? 

Thanks everybody. 🙂

Yes the first two in a cabin must take the package if the first one does. 2 or 0

You both could forego the Plus Package....

IF...you intend to keep the crew appreciation in place for both of you (In my opinion...only...)

Share either one device or 4 device wifi 

And pay as you go bar tab.

I've done it both ways.  For convenience, you can't beat the package.  But it does increase the cruise substantially.

29 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You both could forego the Plus Package....

IF...you intend to keep the crew appreciation in place for both of you (In my opinion...only...)

Share either one device or 4 device wifi 

And pay as you go bar tab.

I've done it both ways.  For convenience, you can't beat the package.  But it does increase the cruise substantially.

Except if every parties and slll of s sudden you have a big bill. For non drinkers no package for us package 

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Except if every parties and slll of s sudden you have a big bill. For non drinkers no package for us package 

?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Worn out mailman said:

I'm thinking the answer is yes but maybe someone here will have insight? 

Thanks everybody

Yep, the first 2 guests in the cabin must have it. Guests 3 and 4 can purchase it separately if you ever have a 3+ cabin. 

1 hour ago, CruisingWalter said:

Yep, the first 2 guests in the cabin must have it. Guests 3 and 4 can purchase it separately if you ever have a 3+ cabin. 

Wow didn't know that, thanks. Booking 2 minis for family next year and it will be 3 & 3.  Like the package even though hubby doesn't drink it works for us.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

Wow didn't know that, thanks. Booking 2 minis for family next year and it will be 3 & 3.  Like the package even though hubby doesn't drink it works for us.

you may want to spread these 6 people differently. One cabin - put 3 people with the package in it (also works if you only need the package for the first 2 people), and then another cabin with 3 non-drinkers (no package). Assuming that the third passenger in each cabin is a kid, once onboard you could have them sleep in the correct cabin. GS could even maybe add the other cabin's access to the card.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

you may want to spread these 6 people differently. One cabin - put 3 people with the package in it (also works if you only need the package for the first 2 people), and then another cabin with 3 non-drinkers (no package). Assuming that the third passenger in each cabin is a kid, once onboard you could have them sleep in the correct cabin. GS could even maybe add the other cabin's access to the card.

Thanks we originally had 2 inside and one mini in the plan but for Alaska the connecting balcony would have been better. We did look at the family suite but doesn't look like this package thing would work either. Lots of checking to do before I book this week for 2025.

1 minute ago, latebloomer56 said:

Thanks we originally had 2 inside and one mini in the plan but for Alaska the connecting balcony would have been better. We did look at the family suite but doesn't look like this package thing would work either. Lots of checking to do before I book this week for 2025.

if you end up with 2 cabins, consider allocating 6 people between 2 cabins differently if you only need 2-3 plus packages.

14 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

Translation: Except if everyone parties and all of a sudden you have a big bill.

Thank you for the translation.  

@Worn out mailman invited a friend to go along.  Asking friend to pay tax and port fees.  (very generous offer). The questions is: is OP also asking friend to buy a Plus bundle or will he pay this cost so that he could keep his Plus?

Scenario:

1.  She pays for Plus package (original question:  "Will she though be required to also purchase the plus package?")

2.  He pays for his Plus and also pays for friend's Plus since both need to have it if traveling in the same cabin.

3.  If she doesn't want to pay for Plus bundle, then he can't have it either....pay as you go, share wifi (single or 4 device), each pay their own crew appreciation.

I hope OP returns with their decision.  Plus can also be bought on day of embarkation.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MacMadame said:

Translation: Except if everyone parties and all of a sudden you have a big bill.

I know you understand me. Saves me from doing my own translation. Catch up with you in about 7 months

Edited by memoak
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, paddingtonbear said:

If you get the princess plus package does that mean you don't have to pay the mandatory gratuities?  Is it included in the $65 a day?

Yes correct, the daily gratuities are included in the Princess Plus package, so you don’t need to pay extra for them.

Edited by rattla
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, paddingtonbear said:

If you get the princess plus package does that mean you don't have to pay the mandatory gratuities?  Is it included in the $65 a day?

As I understand from previous posts, the gratuities aren’t included for Australia and New Zealand bookings; the headline price of the bundle is lower to reflect this. If booking from UK, USA, Canada the gratuities are in the bundle

On 5/29/2024 at 12:24 AM, Justpackingmybags said:

As I understand from previous posts, the gratuities aren’t included for Australia and New Zealand bookings; the headline price of the bundle is lower to reflect this. If booking from UK, USA, Canada the gratuities are in the bundle

Aren't the gratuities bundled into the cruise fare itself for Australia and NZ?