Who writes and gets paid for this rubbish?

It's a clickbait "article".  It's only purpose it to get people to click through and see the ads.  You unwittingly may have aided their cause by reposting the link😮

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, mnocket said:

It's a clickbait "article".  It's only purpose it to get people to click through and see the ads.  You unwittingly may have aided their cause by reposting the link😮

Dammit !! 😃

JB 🙂

• Haha 3

I rapidly clicked through it. As an author, I have played with AI, and most new articles seem to be generated by AI. As an experienced cruiser, I find them not at all helpful. It is interesting that anyone can generate a pretty good article that is mostly true by just putting a well-thought-out prompt into an AI generator. I fear that is our future.

Fiction, on the other hand, is pretty horrible. They use five swarmy, sloppy sentences where just one would suffice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

I rapidly clicked through it. As an author, I have played with AI, and most new articles seem to be generated by AI. As an experienced cruiser, I find them not at all helpful. It is interesting that anyone can generate a pretty good article that is mostly true by just putting a well-thought-out prompt into an AI generator. I fear that is our future.

Fiction, on the other hand, is pretty horrible. They use five swarmy, sloppy sentences where just one would suffice.

The problem is AI isn't really AI.  It is coding largely about database searches.   My concern is it should not be considered factual.  

On 6/12/2024 at 7:10 PM, ldubs said:

The slide about the reason behind ice cream parties was interesting.   

But lies. Putting bodies into a place where food is stored violates so many health standards and even laws.

The person who started this rumor claims that "Maybe four to ten people die every cruise" which we know is nonsense. Every time someone dies on a cruise ship, it's big news because it's so rare.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

But lies. Putting bodies into a place where food is stored violates so many health standards and even laws.

The person who started this rumor claims that "Maybe four to ten people die every cruise" which we know is nonsense. Every time someone dies on a cruise ship, it's big news because it's so rare.

I don't know how many deaths actually happen on board.  Official numbers are not readily available (or more likely I'm too lazy to spend the time).  I did see an NIH study of two small cruise ships.   Over a 6 year period there was an average of 2 deaths/year/ship.   Whatever the average, I sure agree I wouldn't trust any of the stat's given in this article.  I think I raised some eyebrows about the number of claimed cruise ships that capsize each year.