On Eclipse...no Decoy in premium

11 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Do they have a Gingrich Hills or Caymus on board?

Perhaps they are doing you a favor by losing the Duck😁

Exactliy

Decoy Cab is pretty much an entry level Cab.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

Here are my prices at my local North Carolina Total Wine.

Duckhorn Sauvignon Blanc $24.99

Duckhorn Chardonnay Napa Valley 2022 $26.69

Duckhorn Cabernet Napa 2021 $58.99

Duckhorn Merlot Napa 2021 $43.99

Duckhorn Merlot Three Palms 2020 $109.99

Duckhorn Discussion Red Napa Valley 2019 $164.99

Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon Limited $20.99

Decoy Chardonnay $16.99

Decoy Sauvignon Blanc $14.99

Decoy Merlot $18.99

Decoy Pinot Noir $19.99

Decoy Red Blend Limited $24.99

Decoy Red Blend $16.47

So you've proven your point. It's cheaper to stay home, and not cruise, and drink your Lovely Decoy cab from Total wine.

FYI

Costco usually beats Total Wine's pricing

Cheers

2 hours ago, highway180 said:

So you've proven your point. It's cheaper to stay home, and not cruise, and drink your Lovely Decoy cab from Total wine.

FYI

Cheers

I didn’t know that I was trying to make a point.  Other than Duckhorn is usually but not always more expensive than Decoy. 

42 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Other than Duckhorn is usually but not always more expensive than Decoy. 

When is Duckhorn ever less expensive than Decoy?

14 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Do they have a Gingrich Hills or Caymus on board?

Perhaps they are doing you a favor by losing the Duck😁

Didn’t see Gingrich Hills butt wasn’t looking for it.  Their Caymus is now $40 a glass, $225 bottle.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, highway180 said:

FYI

Cheers

Agreed, I don’t get the “here’s what my booze cost is for me at Fred’s Liquor Store around the corner” comments..

Costco has a boxed Pinot Grigio that is very drinkable to me for $13.99 🙂 That’s $3.50 a bottle…

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 2

Update. First of all, stupid basic wifi won’t let me post. Using friend’s phone. After being told all night on day 1 can’t get glass of decoy in premium, spoke to f and b manager on day 2 and he was totally perplexed and said that yes, can def get it on premium pkg and he will alert staff. Bizarre.,.even sommelier said no. 

20 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Agreed, I don’t get the “here’s what my booze cost is for me at Fred’s Liquor Store around the corner” comments..

Costco has a boxed Pinot Grigio that is very drinkable to me for $13.99 🙂 That’s $3.50 a bottle…

I'm glad I'm not the only one who only drinks uber expensive wines. Good old 3-buck Chuck is fine with me.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, George C said:

Here are the wine a bought from total wine a couple of weeks ago, I buy most of my wine when Kroger offers a 25 percent sale

image.jpeg

I drink Tito’s “wine” sometimes myself. 🙂  Oops, that’s Smirnoff. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RichYak said:

When is Duckhorn ever less expensive than Decoy?

Duckhorn Sauvignon Blanc $24.99

Decoy Red Blend Limited $24.99

The Duckhorn Sauv blanc and Chardonnay are similar in price to the Decoy Red blend.  Not everything Duckhorn is cheaper than Decoy.  There are some Duckhorn wines that are not too expensive.  $40-60.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Am I in the middle of some weird competition because I posted wine prices from a big box store?  The point was about having better quality wines in the restaurants.

Let me remind you that I’m the one drinking $7 Costco Prosecco.  So I would appreciate it if you would not brag about how expensive your wine is.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

If I wine I ordered in the MDR was not available but was known to be elsewhere on the ship, I would be having a one on one with the maitre'd and if that did not resolve it, then the food and beverage manager.  They all pull from the same stock room.  

All conversations fell on deaf ears.  To put it bluntly - they didn't care.  

2 minutes ago, jcpc said:

All conversations fell on deaf ears.  To put it bluntly - they didn't care.  

Well I was in Luminae on Beyond a year ago and they offered me a wine from California that I think didn’t belong on the premium list.  It’s something I might buy at home for $10 and drink with a smile.  But not one I would expect to show up on a premium list.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Am I in the middle of some weird competition because I posted wine prices from a big box store?  The point was about having better quality wines in the restaurants.

Let me remind you that I’m the one drinking $7 Costco Prosecco.  So I would appreciate it if you would not brag about how expensive your wine is.

LOL..their Prosecco is too sweet to me..

12 hours ago, George C said:

Here are the wine a bought from total wine a couple of weeks ago,

How did you like the Jordan?  Use to be a favorite wine of mine but then I had a hard time finding it for a while and just never went back to it. 

Posted (edited)

Not that anyone cares but  I am sitting here reading this thread while drinking a glass of Conundrum that the sommelier on our last cruise gave me when they cancelled the "Round the World Wine Tasting" due to lack of participation.  

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

How did you like the Jordan?  Use to be a favorite wine of mine but then I had a hard time finding it for a while and just never went back to it. 

It is still a very nice Cabernet for the price we had a bottle at our favorite restaurant Saturday night the wine in the picture is still in our red wine cooler . 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

Didn’t see Gingrich Hills butt wasn’t looking for it.  Their Caymus is now $40 a glass, $225 bottle.

Wow.  We paid less in January.  Their wine upcharges are highly profitable.  I suppose I will carry on a couple of bottles next cruise.

I believe I saw Caymus at Costco for $59. I always use the Vivivno app at Costco & have gotten some excellent wines. Last Christmas I got a case that was rated 4.1 at Vivino for $10 bottle on sale.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zitsky said:

Duckhorn Sauvignon Blanc $24.99

Decoy Red Blend Limited $24.99

The Duckhorn Sauv blanc and Chardonnay are similar in price to the Decoy Red blend.  Not everything Duckhorn is cheaper than Decoy.  There are some Duckhorn wines that are not too expensive.  $40-60.

Ah ok, my bad. I should have specified same grape varietal in my earlier post. 

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, George C said:

Here are the wine a bought from total wine a couple of weeks ago, I buy most of my wine when Kroger offers a 25 percent sale

image.jpeg

Picture is a little fuzzy, but looks like a 2019 Jordan.  Am curious to know what Kroger normally gets for a bottle.  How often do these 25% sales occur?  We have King Soopers here (Kroger) but hadn't looked at what they're offering.  Wine in grocery stores is a relatively new thing here.

Edited by canderson
typoz
  • Like 1