Price changes - June 2024

TheKDH

Hi

I go on my first cruise ever with celebrity in November. We have booked sky suite so have access to Luminae. 

Today, I have spotted a new menu for luminae on YT. Cocktails are now $18 and the chardonnay has gone from $16 a glass to $30!! A glass.

I understand that premium package is up to and including drinks to the value of $17. So this now means that no cocktails, nor wine will be covered in luminae despite having the premium drinks package and an upcharge of difference plus 20%?

I have searched online and unable to source any recent information on these price increases. We have spent over £15k for this cruise only so I am hoping someone can clarify this for me as I am starting to dread this if this is the case.

Screenshot_20240627_135055_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20240627_135115_YouTube.jpg

Edited by TheKDH
Spelling correction

1 minute ago, TheKDH said:

Hi

I go on my first cruise ever with celebrity in November. We have booked sky suite so have access to Luminae. 

Today, I have spotted a new menu for luminae on YT. Cocktails are now $18 and the chardonnay has gone from $16 a glass to $30!! A glass.

So this now means that no cocktails, nor wine will be covered in luminae despite having premium drinks package and an uncharged of difference plus 20%.

I have searched online and unable to source any recent information on these price increases. We have spent over £15k for this cruise only so I am hoping someone can clarify this for me as I am starting to dread this if this is the case.

Screenshot_20240627_135055_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20240627_135115_YouTube.jpg

Not always on the menu, but you will find something in the package price range.  Now will it be one that you like is the question!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

That is pretty frustrating that they have now priced luminae specialty cocktails over the price limit for the premium package…that’s a lot of $1 slips that have to be signed for ..

I think the prices in Europe are different..I think the OP will be fine

59 minutes ago, TheKDH said:

Cruises out of the UK have always shown a higher price as those prices include the mandatory gratuity instead of it being added on at the point of sale like cruises out of the US.  

The Premium Drink Package will cover the Luminae Signature Cocktails. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just looked at the Luminae menu for our up coming Beyond cruise.  The ship is currently in the Caribbean and it is also showing the Signature drinks above the $17 @ $18.  Checking a few wines and prices have increased; Red Condundrum went from $20 -$22, Caymus is now $48.  The by the glass wine list isn’t showing Decoy or Villa Maria, no idea what up with that. So prices are up, hope package limit goes up as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

I’ve noticed this for my upcoming edge cruise.  If you explore menus you’ll see that there may be options at other locations.  If need be I’ll get a drink at one place to bring to another…silly but so is up charging everything by 1.20.

Why would there be a different price on the same ship but different bar?

A drink should be one price, the same price, regardless of which bar it is from.

• Like 1

I'm sailing out of Asia on Millie.

I won't have as many bar options as edge series as far as I understand?

I am agast how wine can nearly double to 30 a glass.

I'm going to email celebrity about the changes and if the premium package allowance is increasing too. Ever hopeful!

Edited by TheKDH
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

The prices on most everything has gone up since the Pandemic.

Are businesses supposed to just absorb the differences of the higher costs? They need to stay solvent.

Everyone has a choice.

Customers can choose not to cruise if they think it's unfair.

Yes prices have gone up and X increased the wine prices twice less than a.year a

and moved many popular wines out of the Premium package or from Classic to Premium.  Raising the price of a glass of wine  by 25% or more in less than

A year is a bit much.

Msybe the increased prices are to offset the cost of giving Pinnacles free beverage packages 😂

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Yes prices have gone up and X increased the wine prices twice less than a.year a

and moved many popular wines out of the Premium package or from Classic to Premium.  Raising the price of a glass of wine  by 25% or more in less than

A year is a bit much.

Msybe the increased prices are to offset the cost of giving Pinnacles free beverage packages 😂

You forgot to mention the free drink packages that X Zenith members get too.😉

32 minutes ago, asctony said:

Why would there be a different price on the same ship but different bar?

A drink should be one price, the same price, regardless of which bar it is from.

I don’t think so but some options within the package are showing up on some menus but not others.  So my point would be if I don’t want to go over the package price and I don’t really care specifically which New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc (for example) I drink I’ll grab one from a bar before heading to dinner.  It doesn’t sound as if one can necessarily get the same things everywhere.

37 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Are businesses supposed to just absorb the differences of the higher costs? They need to stay solvent.

Everyone has a choice.

Agreed however I think most ppl assume it’s here should be a wealth of choices that fall under the premium drink package.  

46 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Everyone has a choice.

A bottle of Red Conundrum is under $15 in a store. I’m sure celebrity pays a lot less than that. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

I don’t think so but some options within the package are showing up on some menus but not others.  So my point would be if I don’t want to go over the package price and I don’t really care specifically which New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc (for example) I drink I’ll grab one from a bar before heading to dinner.  It doesn’t sound as if one can necessarily get the same things everywhere.

Celebrity has the highest prices on their booze than any other Cruise line such as MSC, NCL, PRINCESS & RCI.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

You forgot to mention the free drink packages that X Zenith members get too.😉

Zenithd have been getting them as a benefit for years, a planned cost.  Extending the Zenith benefits to a few thousand Pinnacles mostly liked was not a planned expense.

• Like 4

I very much doubt that a “few thousand” pinnacles have suddenly all booked Celebrity and are showing up on board.   People already had their plans made. They may show up on some future bookings, but they’re not immediately on board Celebrity just because that announcement was made recently.

• Like 1

I’m seeing many  posts from Ps X” just booked “ and reports from those on board now that the numbers are increasing. 
In a couple of months ships will be returning from Europe and that’s when the I suspect the numbers will increase. 
The Zenith perks are very attractive and IMHO Celebrity has a better product.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Zenithd have been getting them as a benefit for years, a planned cost.  Extending the Zenith benefits to a few thousand Pinnacles mostly liked was not a planned expense.

I agree that it has been a planned cost benefit for years for Zeniths. But who predicted that Pinnacles were going to be added to the equation?

18 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

There were 5 Z’s on Solstice last week in Alaska and none was a pinnacleZ

On the Beyond (President cruise) the combined # is 90 for a Zenith/Pinnacle event.    No one from mgmt is giving a breakdown of the number.  When anskec the reply seems to be “they are all  Zeniths”.   Individual reports from some guests are 20 and up.