Liveish from the Enchanted Princess

Jazz is mentioned often.  Are there any other types of music throughout the ship during the day and evening?  I despise jazz .  Any "oldies" type of music to be found for listening, dancing, etc.?

Thanks for sharing your experiences!  Safe travels home.  Better to get an email stating there will be no internet than to get one saying you won't have a plane!  Been there....

2 hours ago, ecs66 said:

Jazz is mentioned often.  Are there any other types of music throughout the ship during the day and evening?  I despise jazz .  Any "oldies" type of music to be found for listening, dancing, etc.?

Jazz is being mentioned often because of the removal of Take 5 as an exclusively Jazz venue. When I was on the Enchanted in May, the ONLY Jazz was in Take 5 and all of the other venues had other types of music. Now that Take 5 has been removed, it sounds as though there is little or no Jazz available at all.

3 hours ago, ecs66 said:

You can almost always find music.  In the piazza, on the lido deck, in Crooners, in Crown Grill bar, in O’Malleys, in the theater.  Not common before noon, but goes on into the evening. Piano, violins, acoustic guitar, steel pan.  Solo artists, duos, trios, full bands.  Rock, jazz, classical, folk, Irish, show tunes.  There’s something for most tastes.

4 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Vlad was our suites manager, with Maximo as our concierge.

Max was our Concierge during our June 8-22nd cruise.  Max and staff were amazing!  We really enjoyed the margaritas, appetizers, and meeting some of the senior officers.

IMG_0581.png

Agreed, the margarita was great, as was the appetizer. 

Now that I'm home on a real keyboard, here are some final thoughts. Note that there will be some repeats of previously stated items.

If funds allow, I'll definitely book a suite again. Unexpected benefit, even though this was only my 4th Princess cruise, with the double points I moved from Ruby to Platinum. 

If sailing in a suite on a ship with the concierge lounge, I'm going to skip the Plus package. I only ate 3 premium desserts during the cruise, not the 2 per day allowed. If I had 3 alcoholic drinks, that was a lot. While it was a convenience to have it for drinks (soda included), I probably could have saved some money.

I filled out my survey. I ignore the "if it's not a 10 it's a 0" statement and fill in honestly. I also made a point to point out the issues I had with regards to seat saving and venue capacity. I also don't name names. I just make sure to say "everyone we encountered". If there were a situation with a crew member where that wouldn't apply, they would already know.

Once we were done with breakfast today, we had originally planned to head back upstairs to the concierge lounge to wait, but at that point we were able to just go. Debarkation was a breeze. We grabbed a taxi to the airport and were there is no time. Unfortunately, our flight wasn't until early afternoon (and was delayed) so we had plenty of time to sit there. We were flying into a smaller airport that while extremely convenient for us at home, only has two options for flights, take it or leave it.  Due to the delay we had to "burn rubber" to get to the dog kennel to pick up the dog today. 

With regards to the Take Five conversion, I only heard about it here on CC. I had actually been looking forward to the jazz lounge, so was disappointed to see it gone. I was just confirming what others had said. But, there is no lack of live music in the evening. Take Five was being used today for the Platinum/Elite disembarkation lounge. I did not see it, so I can't comment on how it worked out.

Getting an elevator this morning to go for breakfast wasn't possible. I had to carry my carryon down 7 flights of stairs. With a bad back, was probably a bad idea.

All in all, we had a great cruise, and now it's back to reality.

• Like 1

Grego, thank you for your concern for my son and wife. I just got good news praise God, my son just text me and said they just landed in Kansas City, and as you can guess, that makes this mom happy. 🙂 

1025Cruise, thank you for your continued review. You mentioned the package you ordered, you really didn't use it to your advantage, and I felt the same way, but I am a PICTURE person, and I like to make MEMORIES, and that is how I do many of them on the ships. I won't go into all the details, but I was glad I had done the more expensive package, as it turned out (had NO clue this was going to happen) that we were eating at one of the specialty restaurants, and the captain and some of his right hand people came in, and were next to our table. To make the long story short, I spoke up and ask if they would mind taking a picture, and all I can say is by the time (8 in our group and 5 in the captains group) all the pictures were taken, All the people involved seemed to have a FUN evening. If I had the cheaper package, the pictures would not have been included. Thank you for mentioning that the Love and Marriage is in the Vista Lounge, although it sounds like it is very small??? That is bad, as we just love to SEE others on stage and see what their answers are.

37 minutes ago, beshears said:

Grego, thank you for your concern for my son and wife. I just got good news praise God, my son just text me and said they just landed in Kansas City, and as you can guess, that makes this mom happy. 🙂 

1025Cruise, thank you for your continued review. You mentioned the package you ordered, you really didn't use it to your advantage, and I felt the same way, but I am a PICTURE person, and I like to make MEMORIES, and that is how I do many of them on the ships. I won't go into all the details, but I was glad I had done the more expensive package, as it turned out (had NO clue this was going to happen) that we were eating at one of the specialty restaurants, and the captain and some of his right hand people came in, and were next to our table. To make the long story short, I spoke up and ask if they would mind taking a picture, and all I can say is by the time (8 in our group and 5 in the captains group) all the pictures were taken, All the people involved seemed to have a FUN evening. If I had the cheaper package, the pictures would not have been included. Thank you for mentioning that the Love and Marriage is in the Vista Lounge, although it sounds like it is very small??? That is bad, as we just love to SEE others on stage and see what their answers are.

At this point, I take my own photos. If I had planned any decent tours, I would have brought my DSLR with me. I haven't had a ship's photo taken in years. That's one of the things I missed about Virgin, no photographers. Whereas I cursed nightly going to dinner this past week that the elevator lobby was impossible to use due to the photographer setup and people waiting for photos. But, I do realize that people like them. I just wish they weren't setup in areas that hindered passenger flow. However, if I lucked into the photo with the captain like you got, I'd probably buy that one. With that being said, I'm not sure I would have asked. I'm a firm believer of leaving the crew be when they are on their own time, even if they are in guest areas. They deserve their breaks just like the rest of us. But, as you said long story short, there might be not provided info that could have changed my mind. I'm just surmising based on the info provided (and no, the other info isn't required).

Just some other thoughts:

They claim the app is better than the paper, but the app doesn't list the venue hours. It would have been nice when I was out and about to see when certain venue hours were. Also, the menus in the app weren't updated when our itinerary was changed, so lunch menus for the MDR showed up on Friday when we were in port versus Thursday which was the sea day.

Yes, the Love and Marriage show and the comedy shows were all held in the Vista lounge. You had to get their early. Depending on the time, you had to give up your plans for the evening to sit there longer than the show was.

I did run into an issue this morning. I opened the app to order room service, and got directed to a different app called "DoorDash". Yes, plenty of options, but they wanted me to pay..... Unfortunately, we didn't get home until late last night due to a slightly delayed flight and had to rush to get the dog, so no time to get any shopping done.

• Haha 2

1025Cruise, thank you for your input. I'll be honest here as I am 81 years old and NO plastic surgery, although most people think I look/act younger. If I was in my 30 - 50 age, I was pretty shy/timid there in many ways, but eventually I broke out of that mode, and I have met so many wonderful people from all over the world on the many cruises I have done, and in fact, some of us are still friends. I guess what I'm saying and I understand you mentioning NOT bothering the Captain, etc., but when I seen him stopping at other tables, I just decided to ask, and that is how it happened. As I say, I'm an OLD LADY now, and if the co-captain had said he didn't have time, I would have been fine. If you seen the pictures that were taken (by MY phone), I don't think anyone in the group was in a hurry to eat, but just enjoy happy time in taking the pictures. Now I  KNOW the co-captain and the captain did NOT have to ASK, but each of them ASK me to sit on THEIR lap which put me into shock, but it was a nice one, but just made the pictures even that much better.

1 hour ago, beshears said:

1025Cruise, thank you for your input. I'll be honest here as I am 81 years old and NO plastic surgery, although most people think I look/act younger. If I was in my 30 - 50 age, I was pretty shy/timid there in many ways, but eventually I broke out of that mode, and I have met so many wonderful people from all over the world on the many cruises I have done, and in fact, some of us are still friends. I guess what I'm saying and I understand you mentioning NOT bothering the Captain, etc., but when I seen him stopping at other tables, I just decided to ask, and that is how it happened. As I say, I'm an OLD LADY now, and if the co-captain had said he didn't have time, I would have been fine. If you seen the pictures that were taken (by MY phone), I don't think anyone in the group was in a hurry to eat, but just enjoy happy time in taking the pictures. Now I  KNOW the co-captain and the captain did NOT have to ASK, but each of them ASK me to sit on THEIR lap which put me into shock, but it was a nice one, but just made the pictures even that much better.

Different story if they were walking around. But if they were at their table trying to enjoy their meal, I wouldn't go up to them.

On 7/6/2024 at 9:21 AM, JamieLogical said:

Jazz is being mentioned often because of the removal of Take 5 as an exclusively Jazz venue. When I was on the Enchanted in May, the ONLY Jazz was in Take 5 and all of the other venues had other types of music. Now that Take 5 has been removed, it sounds as though there is little or no Jazz available at all.

On every Grand class ship I have been on the last few years the house band has acted as a jazz band in various venues like Adagio or Wheelhouse several times every week. On nights where the theater had things like magicians etc and they didn’t need to be there we found them around ship. Check out your patter they have some really talented musicians 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, memoak said:

On every Grand class ship I have been on the last few years the house band has acted as a jazz band in various venues like Adagio or Wheelhouse several times every week. On nights where the theater had things like magicians etc and they didn’t need to be there we found them around ship. Check out your patter they have some really talented musicians 

I agree. The ship musicians are really special and their talent shows when they play jazz and not having to read sheet music. The Entertainment Director spends a lot of their planning time scheduling a balance of different music categories around the ship during the voyage. 

Thank you for posting this live review!  We board Enchanted Princess this coming Saturday - no port changes yet.  Looking forward to our first experience on Princess Cruiselines - been on many others, but we decided we have "matured" enough to try Princess 🤣 

22 hours ago, APDMOM said:

Thank you for posting this live review!  We board Enchanted Princess this coming Saturday - no port changes yet.  Looking forward to our first experience on Princess Cruiselines - been on many others, but we decided we have "matured" enough to try Princess 🤣 

Welcome to the Princess family!  Having sailed on the beautiful many times and are booked on her for the July 27th voyage.

Enjoy your voyage with an open mind and take in as much as you want.  All of us hope you will post your journey so we can see what your itinerary ends up being.

1025cruise, I agree I would never want to interrupt anyone that is sitting/eating at their table, no matter who, or what rank they were on the ship, as I know how I would feel as well. As stated earlier, they were not at their table as yet, but coming up close to our table, when I did this.

Different ones have mentioned the musicians on the ship, and I am looking forward to seeing/hearing them as well. I have been in music all my life, and I enjoy LIVE music!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, beshears said:

1025cruise, I agree I would never want to interrupt anyone that is sitting/eating at their table, no matter who, or what rank they were on the ship, as I know how I would feel as well. As stated earlier, they were not at their table as yet, but coming up close to our table, when I did this.

Different ones have mentioned the musicians on the ship, and I am looking forward to seeing/hearing them as well. I have been in music all my life, and I enjoy LIVE music!

Exactly, there are the really good things that are happening and there are some things that could be better. But, if we don't look for ways to make those not so good things better than shame on us and we will be stuck with the problem.