Live: Harmony of the Seas Western Caribbean Aug 25

Forgot to mention that, as per cruise tradition, first stop was Starbucks to purchase the “Been Here” mug ( Starbies in Galveston had none 😭). On this ship it was $21usd. Probably should have waited until at sea to avoid tax but didn’t want to risk them being sold out!.

• Like 4

Stateroom: 7/10 I’m still a little miffed that I didn’t get what I paid for, but trying to let that fly. We got a midship room, near elevator, on deck 11. That’s good. It’s a connecting room. Not so good. I completed the special request form ahead of time asking for twin beds and a sofa bed set up. I did not get that. The room itself is a decent size with storage, but what in the what is that shampoo/body wash combo? 

IMG_4560.jpeg

IMG_4561.jpeg

IMG_4562.jpeg

IMG_4563.jpeg

IMG_4564.jpeg

IMG_4565.jpeg

IMG_4566.jpeg

IMG_4567.jpeg

IMG_4568.jpeg

IMG_4569.jpeg

IMG_4570.jpeg

IMG_4571.jpeg

IMG_4572.jpeg

IMG_4573.jpeg

IMG_4574.jpeg

IMG_4575.jpeg

IMG_4576.jpeg

IMG_4577.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Let your stateroom attendant know you'd like the beds separated.  They'll get it taken care of.  If you have a post it, you can leave it on your door so they'd see the note if you're not in the room.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

I’m doing my usual practice of tipping $1 cash for each drink but seem to be the only one and the bartenders both times seemed like they weren’t sure what it was for. Is this not a thing on RC?

IMG_4541.jpeg

We also tip $1 cash per drink, and the bartenders are almost always surprised and pleased. So many people on CC state that they tip cash per drink, but we very rarely see that actually happening. You are certainly not doing anything wrong, please continue to tip them.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Let your stateroom attendant know you'd like the beds separated.  They'll get it taken care of.  If you have a post it, you can leave it on your door so they'd see the note if you're not in the room.  

Sure - I know I can do this. But why bother asking what I want pre boarding And then ignoring it?

• Like 8

Exploring!

Drink 3 - Goombay Smash and Johnny Rockets shake for DS (love that these are included with refreshment package).

Registered at teen club. Checked out arcade. Rode the carousel. DS rode the Abyss. I need a few more drinks first…

IMG_4581.jpeg

IMG_4582.jpeg

IMG_4583.jpeg

IMG_4584.jpeg

IMG_4585.jpeg

IMG_4586.jpeg

IMG_4591.jpeg

IMG_4592.jpeg

IMG_4593.jpeg

IMG_4594.jpeg

IMG_4595.jpeg

IMG_4596.jpeg

IMG_4597.jpeg

IMG_4598.jpeg

IMG_4599.jpeg

• Like 10

Yeah, Disney and NCL have both missed on the "multi bed make up" thingy for me.

You have me singing "memories" in my head today. Well, that and Elton's Harmony.  (and me, we’re pretty good company, looking for an island in our boat upon the sea........)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Exploring!

Drink 3 - Goombay Smash and Johnny Rockets shake for DS (love that these are included with refreshment package).

Registered at teen club. Checked out arcade. Rode the carousel. DS rode the Abyss. I need a few more drinks first…

IMG_4581.jpeg

IMG_4582.jpeg

IMG_4583.jpeg

IMG_4584.jpeg

IMG_4585.jpeg

IMG_4586.jpeg

IMG_4591.jpeg

IMG_4592.jpeg

IMG_4593.jpeg

IMG_4594.jpeg

IMG_4595.jpeg

IMG_4596.jpeg

IMG_4597.jpeg

IMG_4598.jpeg

IMG_4599.jpeg

Dont forget johnny rockets is free for breakfast (except for 3 items). The hash browns used to be a meal unto themselves but now half the size but still good. Can have eggs or chilli over them. With a side of bacon. Hash browns supposedly NY style my favorite.

Oh one more thing is free Greek food in the solarium at night. I love the free baklava in there and grab a couple for midnight snacking. Easy to miss. You dont have to eat dinner there if you dont like Greek but it's free at night.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

The Cards: 0/10 I don’t like not having my cruise card. I can’t explain why, but psychologically I feel like my vacation can’t start until I get it! Soon…

Carnival has been doing the cards this way for several years (pre 2020 but don’t remember exactly when). Just use boarding pass for everything until rooms are ready. At first I thought I wouldn’t like it but then I realized how much faster checkin was without having to get them at the counter and now I really prefer it. Of course other lines who send your medallion or wristband before the cruise are great too. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Dont forget johnny rockets is free for breakfast (except for 3 items). The hash browns used to be a meal unto themselves but now half the size but still good. Can have eggs or chilli over them. With a side of bacon. Hash browns supposedly NY style my favorite.

Oh one more thing is free Greek food in the solarium at night. I love the free baklava in there and grab a couple for midnight snacking. Easy to miss. You dont have to eat dinner there if you dont like Greek but it's free at night.

Ooooh . We love baklava

• Like 2

Separating the bed is no big deal as you won’t use the beds for some time (well I’d be sleeping off all the alcohol by now.  I clearly don’t have your constitution!). As for the combo bath product, that has been the standard for non-suites for a long time.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, poocher said:

Separating the bed is no big deal as you won’t use the beds for some time (well I’d be sleeping off all the alcohol by now.  I clearly don’t have your constitution!). As for the combo bath product, that has been the standard for non-suites for a long time.

I obviously didn’t research well enough. I didn’t bring any body wash/shampoo etc. I’m not sure how this will work out…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Cozumel Sunrise at Rising Tide bar. Except we aren’t rising. Let’s goooooo

IMG_4608.jpeg

My husband’s favorite bar!  I swear he spent every evening riding up & down!  
And that space tube shower & weird bath product are major reasons I won’t book less than a JS anymore.

Edited by poocher

3 minutes ago, poocher said:

My husband’s favorite bar!  I swear he spent every evening riding up & down!  
And that space tube shower & weird bath product are major reasons I won’t book less than a JS anymore.

So, tell me about this rising bar concept. It said next departure at 2:45, so we hopped in thinking we would be upstairs by 3 ready for our meet up. Except it’s 3pm and we haven’t gone anywhere. Ummm. Can we just leave? What’s the protocol?

• Like 3

Anyone wondering about The Abyss slide. DS reported:

“ I guess I would do it again. It’s not that I was scared. It’s more that I wasn’t happy”… 🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 8