Rogue Wave Lawsuit - Press Release

calmac

Hopefully, all the individual frivilous lawsuits will get thrown out also. Being a boater (28' Express Cruiser), I can't tell you how many times I would have had to sue myself if I followed the same logic as these few that are just looking for free money.:mad:

That's good news. Unfortunately, failing to attain class action status probably won't deter a few of the individual plaintiffs from foolishly proceeding with lawsuits on their own.

while this is true, it may be the end of the lawyers paying for the lawsuit. With class actions come the legal fees, normal lawsuits generally do not. Since each of these cases has relatively little damages, the probability is this will come to an end quickly. Oh the standard for appealing the judges decision is abuse of discretion--not an easy standard.

while this is true, it may be the end of the lawyers paying for the lawsuit. With class actions come the legal fees, normal lawsuits generally do not. Since each of these cases has relatively little damages, the probability is this will come to an end quickly. Oh the standard for appealing the judges decision is abuse of discretion--not an easy standard.

I hope you're right - that this will come to an end quickly.

YESSSSSSSS Sid is the man:D

Thanks for passing on the good news. I'm very happy to hear this. I was on this cruise and sided with NCL (duh! of course!). I was deposed by one of the attorneys in the spring. I didn't think this case would end so soon.

We, too, volunteered to testify for NCL and were contacted by their lawyers for depositions several months ago. I am delighted with the outcome and happy to see the positive results. We are sailing on the Dawn again on December 7th in exactly the same cabin and look forward to it.

We, too, volunteered to testify for NCL and were contacted by their lawyers for depositions several months ago. I am delighted with the outcome and happy to see the positive results. We are sailing on the Dawn again on December 7th in exactly the same cabin and look forward to it.

Did you read the live reports today - the mirror fell off the wall in 9502 onto the current occupants while they were sleeping :D Everyone is fine but that AC is getting a reputation as being haunted.

Like everyone else I am very happy to hear this: I do hope it is the beginning of the end to frivilous law suits. It may take awhile, but sooner or later there will be an end to this crap I hope. This does not mean there is never a reason to sue, of course some claims are legit, but 75% are not. They are brought on my greedy lawyers getting their hands on greedy people. Again, I don't think all lawyers are greedy either. NMNita

Did you read the live reports today - the mirror fell off the wall in 9502 onto the current occupants while they were sleeping :D Everyone is fine but that AC is getting a reputation as being haunted.

That would be a sure sign to stay clear of 9502. We are in a HC BB again. We had one upsale to the Diamond Suite on the cruise after you last spring. Loved it. Hoping the upsale fairy calls for the December sail. We are in the now-defunct Diamond Reward program (purchased). We will be using 1/2 of our money on this cruise and hold the other for the Gem. If the promises hold true, we should be eligible for priority offers on upsales. Hope that still holds true. Does anyone know about the new "rewards" program that will be offered on the Dawn?

• 4 months later...

Archived