DOC DANCE! Plus, new wallet?

cruisecache&squash

Congratulations!

Please tell me more about the new wallet. We're just home 3 weeks from the Westerdam and had the pleather.

You'll see a big difference in size between Westerdam and Maasdam (my DH's favorite) but you'll really like her ambiance. She's a great ship with a super crew.

Happy sailing,

GN

CONGRATULATIONS!

An Official DocUDancer now! Wahoooo.. a waver by anyother name soon..

So happy your partner arrived in new and seperate covers too...

What is the material made of? Is it USA made? Dutch made or was a Dutch Maid hiding in it too *S*

WOO HOO!!! Got my docs yesterday for my Nov. 30 Maasdam cruise. They came in a lovely HAL silky fabric wallet instead of the pleather. I like it!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I'm so excited to be able to start a doc dance thread! Now I'm a real CCer! :D

Interesting! I was guessing HAL would transition to e-ticketing once their inventory of pleather wallets ran out. Guess they're not quite ready to do that.

Please tell us more. Is the fabric heavy, medium, or light-weight? Is it compartmentalized like the former models with dividers? What's the stitch count? (Just kidding!)

I agree, that looks really nice:) We got our docs a few weeks ago for our Zaandam cruise in just 26 days but it was the usual pleather. I am hoping we will have the new one for our March cruise.

Thanks so much for posting the picture, like Sail it has my favorite logo all over it:D

Sean,

I still use the older version myself. However, my docs for 12/3 are in transit to my TA. Should have my docs around 11/1. Interested to see if I get the new case.

Congrats on receiving your docs!

I am still using the trifold pleather wallet I got a few years ago. I really like the extra see through plastic compartment in the center.

Anyone else still use their trifold?

Sean,

I still use the older version myself. However, my docs for 12/3 are in transit to my TA. Should have my docs around 11/1. Interested to see if I get the new case.

Hi Steve,

I will enjoy the new one if I get it for my Oosterdam 12/09 cruise, but I will use it to store future cruise info and continue using my trifold until it falls apart.:) Isn't your trifold actually made of leather instead of the pleather I have?

I also use my pleather wallets for other important papers not directly related to cruising.

Congrats on receiving your docs!

I am still using the trifold pleather wallet I got a few years ago. I really like the extra see through plastic compartment in the center.

Anyone else still use their trifold?

I still use my trifold one for cruising, but use the next generation ones for other travel. The third generation ones, the ones that smell so bad, go straight in the trash. I really do like the look of the new ones..........jean:cool:

I got the new cloth ones when I got my docs last month for my upcoming Zaandam to Hawaii.

I saw the new look but didn't give it much thought then to mention to anyone that I got a new style.

Glad you did.

However---I did notice that the luggage tags say I am a Mariner,

but the strips around the word Mariner are Blue--not the status I am.

Does anyone know if the color does change according to your 'rank' of Mariner, or are they all blue?

I got the new cloth ones when I got my docs last month for my upcoming Zaandam to Hawaii.

I saw the new look but didn't give it much thought then to mention to anyone that I got a new style.

Glad you did.

However---I did notice that the luggage tags say I am a Mariner,

but the strips around the word Mariner are Blue--not the status I am.

Does anyone know if the color does change according to your 'rank' of Mariner, or are they all blue?

David, what is funny is you are on the Zaandam the cruise before we are, we board when you disembark and our cruise docs came in regular pleather. I had heard of some one else mentioning the new cloth document holder and had though we may get one but it was pleather:(

I got my docs for my cruise, which starts tomorrow, about three weeks ago and they came in the old pleather holder. I like the look of the new ones, however like Sean and Jean I still use the old trifold holders. I used to have so many of them that I was giving them away to grandchildren and friends but luckily got smart enough in time to save two of them for myself.

Well, I'm off to pack. It should be an interesting cruise since I just heard that there is a hurricane expected in the Cabo area on Monday: what a coincidence - we're supposed to pass by Cabo at that time.:eek: I hope it sends some rain into the San Diego area so I won't have to worry about my plants dying while I'm away.

Valerie:D

Archived