Zenith to Journey - Rebooking :) !

JPH814

I just got confirmation regarding our 3 Concierge Class cabins on the Zenith for the end of June cruise. We have been re-assigned to three Royal Suites -over 500 Sq Feet, separate sitting room, two bathrooms and a gi-huge-ic deck across the front of the ship! I think our good fortune is based on the fact that we booked this cruise a good while ago - at the time I think we were the first people to book Concierge Class and, since there are virtually no suites on the Zenith, this means we had booked virtually the top accomodations available.

My only problem is letting my kids know that this is not what they should get used to on future cruises.

Thank you, Celebrity!

Never heard a thing about our booking for Zenith in April '08 from Tampa--wonder if they will ever realize they are holding a res for us (& our money)....Will have to look into it because I suspect it will just be cancelled with no other options!

I just got confirmation regarding our 3 Concierge Class cabins on the Zenith for the end of June cruise. We have been re-assigned to three Royal Suites -over 500 Sq Feet, separate sitting room, two bathrooms and a gi-huge-ic deck across the front of the ship! I think our good fortune is based on the fact that we booked this cruise a good while ago - at the time I think we were the first people to book Concierge Class and, since there are virtually no suites on the Zenith, this means we had booked virtually the top accomodations available.

My only problem is letting my kids know that this is not what they should get used to on future cruises.

Thank you, Celebrity!

We were also booked on the Zenith for three Europa deck cabins, midship. We are Elite/Diamond and we received a phone call from Celebrity (we booked directly through Captains Club) that our three reservations had been upgraded to sky suites. In our 20 cruises over the past as many years, we have ALWAYS booked midship and when I called Celebrity last week to confirm that our reservations for midship would be made note of, I was told not to worry, they would be contacting me and we would be upgraded and very happy. Then I received a call on Monday from Celebrity telling me we would upgraded to three sky suites on deck 8. When I checked the deck plan I discovered these three suites are as far aft as you can get, save for the penthouses on either side. Not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth, but concerned about the location at the rear of the ship, I asked if we could get the same suites midship, as we always have booked. My answer from Celebrity rep was no, you can only move down to ocean view. Needless to say, while happy with the upgrade I am concerneed about the aft location as two of the people I booked for have had mal de mer while traveling unless they were midship.

Any suggestoins - is this really an upgrade??? despite the suites? Feeling very concerned and responsible for the two other couples. Would love your input!

thanks!

Hcat, we are also booked on that cruise. We actually only took that one in order to take advantage of a coupon and it was the cheapest cruise available-we intended to later transfer the booking to another cruise TBD. Now, though, we are thinking that if the Journey keeps the same itinerary, we might give it a try. As we usually drive to Florida for cruises, we would have to find another cruise to make it a b2b as the cost of getting there is too much for just a 4 nighter.

However, I suspect they will cancel our cruise and give us a small cabin credit for another. I will try to find out and will post here-please do the same if you get an answer.

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

We were also booked on the Zenith for three Europa deck cabins, midship. We are Elite/Diamond and we received a phone call from Celebrity (we booked directly through Captains Club) that our three reservations had been upgraded to sky suites. In our 20 cruises over the past as many years, we have ALWAYS booked midship and when I called Celebrity last week to confirm that our reservations for midship would be made note of, I was told not to worry, they would be contacting me and we would be upgraded and very happy. Then I received a call on Monday from Celebrity telling me we would upgraded to three sky suites on deck 8. When I checked the deck plan I discovered these three suites are as far aft as you can get, save for the penthouses on either side. Not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth, but concerned about the location at the rear of the ship, I asked if we could get the same suites midship, as we always have booked. My answer from Celebrity rep was no, you can only move down to ocean view. Needless to say, while happy with the upgrade I am concerneed about the aft location as two of the people I booked for have had mal de mer while traveling unless they were midship.

Any suggestoins - is this really an upgrade??? despite the suites? Feeling very concerned and responsible for the two other couples. Would love your input!

thanks!

If you are that concerned about staying in an aft cabin, why don't you just ask them to move you to an oceanview midships. That's what you originally booked, isn't it? What is mal de mer? If it is seasickness, then I would consider another ship. I have heard on these boards that the former R ships do not take heavy seas well, and tha Atlantic can be rough on the Bermuda run.

Richsea - I guess my concern did not come across well. While I am happy about the upgrade to a suite, I am concerned about being that far back on the ship. I have no experience with that location and also feel responsible for teh bookings. Because I had called Celebrity asking them to note my request for midship, as I had originally booked, I thought that possibly teh upgrade was a way for Celebrity to appease me over the move to the aft of the ship. The other two couples are excited about the upgrade but are asking me about the location in the back of the ship. And yes, mal de mer is seasickness - I just hate the actual word, it's too depressing ;) I guess what I'm asking is if anyone has experience on this type of ship in an aft suite - and if so, what's your advice on it. Also, when I called Celebrity today, I was told that I could be moved to Deck 3. I booked midship and it seems no matter what, they are going to move the original reservations that I made in good faith. I'm confused enough now that I don't know what to do.

....and in the scheme of things in life, it's not such a bad thing I suppose.

Richsea - I guess my concern did not come across well. While I am happy about the upgrade to a suite, I am concerned about being that far back on the ship. I have no experience with that location and also feel responsible for teh bookings. Because I had called Celebrity asking them to note my request for midship, as I had originally booked, I thought that possibly teh upgrade was a way for Celebrity to appease me over the move to the aft of the ship. The other two couples are excited about the upgrade but are asking me about the location in the back of the ship. And yes, mal de mer is seasickness - I just hate the actual word, it's too depressing ;) I guess what I'm asking is if anyone has experience on this type of ship in an aft suite - and if so, what's your advice on it. Also, when I called Celebrity today, I was told that I could be moved to Deck 3. I booked midship and it seems no matter what, they are going to move the original reservations that I made in good faith. I'm confused enough now that I don't know what to do.

....and in the scheme of things in life, it's not such a bad thing I suppose.

We usually ask for mid-ship, or aft -- not much difference between the two. The Bow of the ship gets most of the additional movement. We too are on the Journey at the end of May.

Just take some Bonine before boarding, and the first day at sea -- everything will be fine. Then take more the night before the return crossing, and the last day at sea.

I used to "fear" seasickness, but bonine works well, with no drowsiness. The last time I was sea sick was 19 cruises ago before I discovered Bonine. We were on the Splendor in the Med with 30 foot seas and I was fine because of Bonine!:)

Great upgrade, and enjoy your cruise!

Kel

Richsea - I guess my concern did not come across well. While I am happy about the upgrade to a suite, I am concerned about being that far back on the ship.

Take some Bonine, and enjoy the WONDERFUL room.

Absolutely agree with Kelmac, we routinely take Bonine before sailing (don't even want to know if we're prone to seasickness) and take it every evening if the seas are rough. Usually by the 2nd day, we don't bother taking it anymore. The great thing about this cruise is that the only time we need it is going and coming since we're essentially 'parked' in Bermuda for the time there. The Atlantic is known to be rough and we're on a smaller ship so we'll be sure to be protected in advance. If you choose to use Bonine, get the 24 hour kind (also known as meclyzine and the 'drugstore' brands are cheaper) so that you can take it only once a day and know you'll be covered. Also might bring onboard some cans of ginger ale which helps settle any queasiness.

We usually ask for mid-ship, or aft -- not much difference between the two. The Bow of the ship gets most of the additional movement. We too are on the Journey at the end of May.

Just take some Bonine before boarding, and the first day at sea -- everything will be fine. Then take more the night before the return crossing, and the last day at sea.

I used to "fear" seasickness, but bonine works well, with no drowsiness. The last time I was sea sick was 19 cruises ago before I discovered Bonine. We were on the Splendor in the Med with 30 foot seas and I was fine because of Bonine!:)

Great upgrade, and enjoy your cruise!

Kel

Thanks for the response, Kel. That's what I was looking for - someone who has experience in an aft cabin, as I do not. As I explained to the other couples sailing with us, let's enjoy the suites and hope for the best. I am also a big fan of Bonine and will advise the others to use it as well, no sense in taking a chance.

I appreciate yours as well as the other responses and positive thoughts. Hope you all enjoy your next cruises whereever they may be! thanks again, swiss

• 2 months later...

A couple weeks ago I happened across a message on these boards regarding the Zenith -> Journey rebookings and was wondering if anyone has heard what kind of progress Celebrity is making.

Back in October I booked (and paid in full) a reservation on the Zenith for the Jan. 2 '08 cruise and, although I realize '08 is quite a ways out I'm still surprised I haven't yet received ANY communications from celebrity regarding this.

Last week I sent an email to celebrity requesting some information on what I should expect and perhaps some sort of time-line (which month) in which I should be contacted..and no response.

If anyone else out there is in the same position I'd be very greatful to hear what you have to say.

A couple weeks ago I happened across a message on these boards regarding the Zenith -> Journey rebookings and was wondering if anyone has heard what kind of progress Celebrity is making.

Back in October I booked (and paid in full) a reservation on the Zenith for the Jan. 2 '08 cruise and, although I realize '08 is quite a ways out I'm still surprised I haven't yet received ANY communications from celebrity regarding this.

Last week I sent an email to celebrity requesting some information on what I should expect and perhaps some sort of time-line (which month) in which I should be contacted..and no response.

If anyone else out there is in the same position I'd be very greatful to hear what you have to say.

Have you accessed your booking at http://www.celebrity.com?

If you booked directly with the cruiseline, you should call them. Rez agents are NOT travel agents. It is NOT their job to be proactive and contact their clients when changes occur.

Oh, and never pay a cruise in full until final payment is due.

Yes I've viewed my reservation online..and it still shows 'onboard Zenith'.

As for the payment thing..I'm afraid I have a bit of a compulsion for prepaying for things. ( I get excited ) :o)

I was hoping to hear if anyone is also booked on this ship/cruise and if they've been contacted or rebooked.

Also, I think I'm learning the hard way how much simpler this whole process would've been w/ a qualified travel agent. ( chalk it up to lessons learned I suppose )

Have you sailed X before and are you a member of Captain's Club. You might try calling that number if you are. If not email Customer Relations or call them rather than the Celebrity Rep number. We got our change of reservations pretty early but we're sailing May 07. Would think they'd progress by date but it does seem like you should have heard something by now. Good luck.

Thanks for the response, Kel. That's what I was looking for - someone who has experience in an aft cabin, as I do not. As I explained to the other couples sailing with us, let's enjoy the suites and hope for the best. I am also a big fan of Bonine and will advise the others to use it as well, no sense in taking a chance.

I appreciate yours as well as the other responses and positive thoughts. Hope you all enjoy your next cruises whereever they may be! thanks again, swiss

Are you asking about the aft cabins on the former Ren ship?

Jan

Found no more bouncing in aft cabins than midship. However, if any in your group are prone to seasickness, Bermuda may not be the best of choices. We have done close to 18 cruises and the only time i have been sick is going and coming bk from Bermuda. Soemhow that route is known for it, the crew told us it happens all the time.

Found no more bouncing in aft cabins than midship. However, if any in your group are prone to seasickness, Bermuda may not be the best of choices. We have done close to 18 cruises and the only time i have been sick is going and coming bk from Bermuda. Soemhow that route is known for it, the crew told us it happens all the time.

One more route that is known for rough waters is in and out of San Francisco..those waters are also known for being difficult..

Jan

thanks!

I had the exact same thing happen to me on another Celebrity Ship. I am quite prone to being seasickness and had always booked mid ship. Due to a pleasant set of circumstances, we were upgraded to a Sky Suite much further aft. I decided I just couldn't pass up the opportunity for a suite(never had a butler before). I was so pleasantly surprised. I didn't find any excessive movement in the aft of the ship.

I actually find I can sometimes become uncomfortable in the Celebrity Theater which is at the front of the ship. Since that time we regularly book aft cabins in the M Class ships to take advantage of the large balconies.

Pas des problemes. Oh, yes, for Richsea, that means, no problems.:rolleyes:

Archived