Blenders

• 11 months later...
I thought about reviving this thread! Glad someone did because it deserves to be appreciated about once a year!!:D

OK, I'll revive it for 2011. Have been laughing my head off. DH thinks I have totally lost my mind.

This is certainly worth the time to read. Have fun Folks!

I just read all 21 pages for the first time. Thanks to all the posters for your humor and creativeness! BTW, I looked up the post on the RCI boards that started this mess. There were about 7 posts and they were all serious! And no mention of this thread!

Too much fun. Now I gotta go. We be sailing on WESTERDAM in 2 days.

See ya

John

This thread is possibly the best thread EVER on CC. :)

But seeing the original date made me stop and think.... I've been here since 2000. I seem to recall a major forum revamp where we lost all of the old posts plus our post counts (or mine would be a couple of k higher). And I *thought* that would have been in the '05 - '07 range... But if this thread is from '04, the forum revamp had to have already happened.

Have I been smoking the good stuff, or do I misremember? Can a fellow old-time - er - "veteran poster" help me out, here? :D

Cheers,

Friday

But if this thread is from '04, the forum revamp had to have already happened.

Have I been smoking the good stuff, or do I misremember? Can a fellow old-time - er - "veteran poster" help me out, here? :D

Doing a search for the word "the" and choosing thread start date and ascending order, the oldest thread that shows up is Apr 1, 2004. So this thread missed the great wipe-out by about 15 weeks. Edited by jtl513

The Cruise Critc change-over happened during my cruise from June-July '04. Any threads that were still active---that is, postings were still taking place---remained. Threads before a selected change-over date disappeared.

I clearly remember the time frame as I was doing a daily "Live from ..." thread, and I had a very hard time trying to learn the new board at $0.40 per minute. :eek:

This thread is possibly the best thread EVER on CC. :)

But seeing the original date made me stop and think.... I've been here since 2000. I seem to recall a major forum revamp where we lost all of the old posts plus our post counts (or mine would be a couple of k higher). And I *thought* that would have been in the '05 - '07 range... But if this thread is from '04, the forum revamp had to have already happened.

Cheers,

Friday

This site did crash a couple of times.

Many of us lost quite a few thousand posts.

• 2 years later...
carolmacey,

Thank you for reviving this wonderful thread.

I clicked on this link from the newest blender thread, and laughed so hard my husband thought I had lost my mind (for the second time today, the first was reading the comments from the "what not to wear" article.

Laughter is good medicine!

• 3 years later...
This thread is a classic. Thanks for bringing it back so we can laugh all over again.

I think we need to find the' which way to you roll the toilet paper threrad again... that was Nuts !!

WOW, was surprised to see the good old Blender thread.

Hi Debbie, good to see you :D

Thanks!!! Good to see you too!!! <3

This thread is a classic. Thanks for bringing it back so we can laugh all over again.
hehehe

I think we need to find the' which way to you roll the toilet paper thread again... that was Nuts !!
Oh yes, that was so funny too!!! So was this one!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=140742