Best Piano Bar Players on RCCL

Bobba22

We just got off Enchantment and enjoyed several evenings with Mike McCabe. I agree wholeheartedly with the earlier poster, he knows them all, is an incredible talented musician, and works the crowd like no other.

Mike said he was on Enchantment through March. He will probably have a few weeks off and hopefully will return to RCCL. If you get the chance to hear him, don't miss the opportunity. If you really like him, his favorite drink is Captain Morgan's with Ginger Ale, with a Jamison's!

• 9 years later...
My favorite Schooner piano player is Jim Brookhart. I recently saw him on the Freedom and he was amazing!

*My comment may be slightly biased ;)

@AdamKnows Is your dad still working on cruise ships? My husband and I met him on the Mariner back in 2005, and chatted with him significantly throughout the cruise, and always wondered how he was doing and where he was.

Jewel last month had Kim.... drawing a blank....was walking by when the bar was full and everyone was singing so I stopped and spent an hour singing and drinking with strangers/my 4 new best friends :)

Went back 2 more times hear his whole set and he was ok in parts and excellent in others. With the right crowd it was alot of fun.

I always liked Phil Anderson when he was on the Navigator, not sure where he is now though. Bar was always full when he played.

Just got off Liberty and TA Williams was on there, Schooner was always empty and I never even slowed down ! Just kept walking.

Anselmo (sp?) was great... was our piano player in March 2006 aboard the Brilliance...

Booked on Radiance this March and can only hope the Piano player is half as good!

RCCL... keep Anselmo!

Oliver Holland signed on to Radiance on 19th January when we boarded.

He is pretty good, and we went to the schooner bar every night for 20 nights.

He replaced Kelly Goodrich, who lived on the ship for a few years, with his wife Ann. Kelly went to a ship I don't remember, close to his home in the US.

Edited by Aussie FF

We loved Henry Saxby when we had him on Oasis and Adventure. Sadly he left Royal a few years back and is now on Princess. He was the only one I met that played Pink Floyd, Queen and the Buggles in the Schooner Bar (as well as the usual standards).

The guy on Brilliance back in November was awful

We had Chris Acrey on Enchantment in October, and then he said he was going home for a while, so I don't think it was the same guy, unless his plans got changed for him.

Anyway, we found Chris to be super fun and talented. He's more of the model of a Howl at the Moon type player, so you will not hear Sinatra, Dino, etc, but he does do some of the modern piano bar standards like Billy Joel, Elton John with some other more modern songs. Some of those you wouldn't believe could be done in a piano bar. He had a decent audience and we always hung out and chatted before after the shows. You'll have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw in a Cruise Compass from January that Kelly Goodrich was on the Freedom. Anyone know if she is still on FOS and if she's any good? We enjoyed the guy that was on Adventure in July but he couldn't do Scenes from an Italian Restaurant, so we're hoping for a really great piano player for our cruise in April.

I saw in a Cruise Compass from January that Kelly Goodrich was on the Freedom. Anyone know if she is still on FOS and if she's any good? We enjoyed the guy that was on Adventure in July but he couldn't do Scenes from an Italian Restaurant, so we're hoping for a really great piano player for our cruise in April.

Kelly is a guy and he is very good. He is getting off the FOS in a couple weeks and heading to the MJ.

Kelly is a guy and he is very good. He is getting off the FOS in a couple weeks and heading to the MJ.

Kelly is a hoot, does single artist tribute at 10pm. SRO.

Neil Diamond

Elton John

Elvis Presley

Beatles

Jimmy Buffett

Billy Joel ???

Second set is just general songs

Kelly is a hoot, does single artist tribute at 10pm. SRO.

Neil Diamond

Elton John

Elvis Presley

Beatles

Jimmy Buffett

Billy Joel ???

Second set is just general songs

Agreed, he is a lot of fun. We were lucky enough to sail with him on Vision last year and Freedom this year. He gets the crowd going and is always a good time.

From what I've read on his site, he is still on Freedom until Apr 24, then over to Majesty, then Adventure.

Edited by Canadian Tyler

The guy on Brilliance back in November was awful

Hate to quote my own post, but part of the problem with Brilliance is the piano feels disconnected from the bar since it is over by the windows with the path to Colony club separating it from most of the seating. anyone else notice that?

Hate to quote my own post, but part of the problem with Brilliance is the piano feels disconnected from the bar since it is over by the windows with the path to Colony club separating it from most of the seating. anyone else notice that?

I do like how it is on Vision (and other ships) better, with seating on either side of the aisle.

The best piano guy we had was not a piano guy at all, but Derek Lewis. Instead of piano, he played guitar as well as doing his own form of kamikaze karaoke, where if you want to sing he'll pick a song for you. That was the only cruise we went to the Schooner bar every night.

I do like how it is on Vision (and other ships) better, with seating on either side of the aisle.

On Freedom I always feel bad for those seated against the wall of Sabor in Schooner. Especially when a show gets out. :eek: