Best Piano Bar Players on RCCL

Bobba22

• 3 months later...
Most of the 21 cruises on which we've been have had very boring piano players. We got lucky on the Liberty a while back and met David Curtis. He filled the Schooner and had us in stitches every night. I would book a cruise just so we could listen to him!

Hi Freckkles1:

FYI, David Curtis will be on the Navigator from January 6, 2017 to April 23, 2017. My mom and I are booked on March 17-26, 2017....I think it is ABC/Labadee southern caribbean(?). In case you are wanted to "book a cruise just so we could listen to him." :)

I agree. The best. He drew a huge standing room only crowd every night. Is he still with RCI?

Hi T.O.

Yes, David is still with RCI. In fact he is the Navigator now, but will take a break in the fall. He will be going back on NV, Jan. 6 to Apr 23, 2017....at least that is his schedule at the moment. My mom and I are already booked on March 17 - 26, 2017. I think it is the Aruba/Barbados/Curacao/Labadee itinerary, southern caribbean. Looking forward to his show as well!

Phil Anderson is on Liberty beginning last week from what I read. Just wondering , do all the entertainers have tip jars ? It appeared that every Venue, it was there.

I realize the entertainers are not part of the gratuities we pay and it is a choice whether we tip or not, it feels different than the wait staff or bartender. They seem to work all the time

Personally we love the piano bar sing alongs.

• 2 months later...
Hi T.O.

Yes, David is still with RCI. In fact he is the Navigator now, but will take a break in the fall. He will be going back on NV, Jan. 6 to Apr 23, 2017....at least that is his schedule at the moment. My mom and I are already booked on March 17 - 26, 2017. I think it is the Aruba/Barbados/Curacao/Labadee itinerary, southern caribbean. Looking forward to his show as well!

Dang, we will just miss him, as we will be getting off as he gets on. I wonder who will be playing the week before him?

On another note my favorite player has to be Joe Hollywood, does anyone know if he still plays with the company?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any experience with Andy Cruickshank? He will be the Schooner performer for our Nov 26 2016 Freedom sailing. I have not been able to find out anything about him from the internet. Apparently James Brown is the pub act.

Kelly is a hoot, does single artist tribute at 10pm. SRO.

Neil Diamond

Elton John

Elvis Presley

Beatles

Jimmy Buffett

Billy Joel ???

Second set is just general songs

Kelly is not to be missed! Know he will be on the Adventure when we sail in December. Can't wait!!

BonVoyage

Dawna

• 3 weeks later...
CanadianDisneyMom, Andy is on our cruise on the 12th. He is on youtube, and sounds good. He plays everything from standards to rock to jazz. I'm looking forward to him.

Thanks! I will check him out online. Please come back after your sailing and let me know what your thoughts are after seeing him live.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Does anyone know who the pianist/organ player is on Radiance of the Seas? Thanks

We were on Radiance last June in Alaska. I don't think there was a designated piano player in the Schooner Bar. It seemed as though every time we went there, someone different was sitting at the piano. There was a guitar player/singer named John Winters in the Quill and Compass Pub. He was fantastic. In lieu of the piano player in the Schooner Bar, we spent most nights in the pub listening to John.

I second that. He is amazing!

We heard David Curtis Mutter on the Navigator in March 2017 and he was beyond fantastic!! A magnificent pianist with personality plus!! - he was the highlight of our cruise every evening and draws a huge crowd! He does other Royal ships as well, usually out of Miami. We can't wait to connect with him again!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 years later...
On 10/6/2016 at 9:57 PM, JessyCruises said:

Does anyone have any experience with Andy Cruickshank? He will be the Schooner performer for our Nov 26 2016 Freedom sailing. I have not been able to find out anything about him from the internet. Apparently James Brown is the pub act.

Super old post but what’s your opinion on Andy?