Princess back in Caribbean Fall 2008

cactusrose

Looks like Princess is coming back to the Caribbean in a big way starting in the fall of 2008.

THESE DON'T OPEN UP UNTIL JUNE 29, 2007. SO DON'T CALL PRINCESS YET.

Princess Cruises announces Fall 2008 – Spring 2009 Caribbean itineraries

Caribbean Princess will sail Southern Caribbean itineraries round-trip from San Juan, alternating “Southern Caribbean Explorer” and “ Classic Southern Caribbean”. These are the usual San Juan itineraries Princess offers.

Crown Princess will sail 7-night Eastern Caribbean itineraries on Sundays round-trip Fort Lauderdale. The ports are Princess Cays, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Grand Turk (NEW).

Emerald Princess will sail 10-night alternating itineraries from Fort Lauderdale. These are “Southern Caribbean Medley” and “Eastern Caribbean Voyager”. Same as the 07-08 Winter and Spring.

Grand Princess will sail 14-night “Caribbean Collection” iti neraries round-trip from Fort Lauderdale every other Friday 12/19/08 – 4/24/09. The ports are: Aruba, Curacao, Trinidad, Barbados, St. Vincent, St. Kitts, St. Thomas, La Romana, Grand Turk/Princess Cays. Only the 12/19/08 holiday sailing has Princess Cays. All others have Grand Turk instead.

Royal Princess will sail 3 14-night round-trip Fort Lauderdale cruises in December and January (12/9/08, 12/23/08 and 1/6/09 are the three dates). The itinerary is called “Caribbean Calypso” and the ports are: St. Barthelemy, St. Lucia, Tobago, Devil’s Island, Barbados, Antigua, and Virgin Gorda.

Ruby Princess will sail 7-night round-trip Fort Lauderdale cruises on Saturdays 11/15/08 – 5/9/09. It’s a standard Western Caribbean itinerary with Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Princess Cays.

Sea Princess will sail one Exotic Southern Caribbean 9-night cruise New York to Barbados 10/23/08 after her Canada & New England duties, and then settle into 14-night round-trip Barbados sailings. The Exotic sailing stops in St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Dominica, St. Vincent, and Grenada. Starting 11/1/08 she’ll alternate Grand Caribbean Adventurer and Grand Caribbean Islander until 4/18/09. The Adventurer is St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Kitts, Tortola, Samana, Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Aruba, Bonaire, Caracas, Grenada. The Islander is Dominica, Antigua, St. Maarten, Tortola, Samana, Montego Bay, Curacao, Bonaire, Isla Margarita, Grenada, and Trinidad.

Thanks for posting these. Looks like a lot of different choices.

Now if you can tell me what Princess is going to do in the Mexican Riveria for the same time period, I'd be really happy! It looks the Sapphire will be doing 7-day cruises out of LA, but will the Star Princess be doing a few special cruises out of SF to Mexico both in November '08 and April '09? Can't wait to find out!

. . . any idea when we may hear something on the Panama Canal?

When I called Princess yesterday, the fellow told me Panama Canal full transit for Fall 2008 info would not be available til Sept 11 :( .

But get this. When I first questioned him, he said there wouldn't be a repositioning Panama canal trip (on Coral) Fall '08. Which elicited a major *Huh?* from me. Like Coral would stick around Alaska all winter :p ? Wonder if Princess recorded that incredibly knowledgable person :rolleyes: .

________

CoolChile

When I called Princess yesterday, the fellow told me Panama Canal full transit for Fall 2008 info would not be available til Sept 11 :( .

But get this. When I first questioned him, he said there wouldn't be a repositioning Panama canal trip (on Coral) Fall '08. Which elicited a major *Huh?* from me. Like Coral would stick around Alaska all winter :p ? Wonder if Princess recorded that incredibly knowledgable person :rolleyes: .

________

CoolChile

Well that is interesting. Thanks

Here's hoping the summer 09 schedule will have excellent Caribbean choices.

Personally my guess is that it'll be pretty similar to what the summer 08 schedule is. Although that may depend on how much feedback they get for their summer 08 schedules, but the reality is they feel they can get more money in europe or alaska during the summer. (Although I wonder about that when I look at some of the Alaska prices this summer).

I have to admit, some of those longer cruises look pretty interesting to me, unfortunately it's pretty tough for me to do a longer cruise in winter.

That is interesting that they are FINALLY changing the 7 day Eastern to a different ship and adding a new island as well. About time. I also love the idea of a 14 day cruise leaving from Fort Lauderdale.

You are all very welcome. Just so you know I'm not a TA. I actually got this information in a news letter from a TA that post regularly on this site. I wish I did know about all the other itineraries but I don't. Since there has been a lot of disappointment about Princess pulling out of Fort Lauderdale, I just thought I would post this good news.:D

________

CoolChile

Perhaps the incredibly knowledgeable person knew something about Coral Princess being positioned on the West Coast after the Fall of 2008. Alaska isn't the only thing over here...

Hi Everyone !

That's a great list of Itineraries. About the only question that remains, is will there be a ship in the Caribbean out of Ft Lauderdale in the Summer of 2009. I am sure we will have a long wait ahead of us, before we have the answer. We will have to wait and see.

This news certainly helped me out!!! Now I can get ready to prepare for a second cruise for next year, the first one being another Alaskan cruise.

I am glad to hear that Princess did not abandon the 7 day from FLL.

I will watch for the new posting from Princess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolChile viewpost.gif

Posted by bdjam: Perhaps the incredibly knowledgeable person knew something about Coral Princess being positioned on the West Coast after the Fall of 2008. Alaska isn't the only thing over here...

Oops bdjam, I forgot, California is still there, LOL. Yup of course, there is the option of Coral staying on the west coast after the Alaska summer-fest 2008. I wish you could have been listening in on the call -- he actually made it sound like the ship would be staying up in Alaska. :rolleyes: To cut him some slack, maybe it was his first call. ;)

_______

CoolChile

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolChile viewpost.gif

Posted by bdjam: Perhaps the incredibly knowledgeable person knew something about Coral Princess being positioned on the West Coast after the Fall of 2008. Alaska isn't the only thing over here...

Oops bdjam, I forgot, California is still there, LOL. Yup of course, there is the option of Coral staying on the west coast after the Alaska summer-fest 2008. I wish you could have been listening in on the call -- he actually made it sound like the ship would be staying up in Alaska. :rolleyes: To cut him some slack, maybe it was his first call. ;)

_______

CoolChile

Archived