SeaGypsy Emergency

RevNeal

It's funny, but I was thinking about them yesterday and again this morning, wondering how Patrick is doing. I have a card in my purse that I was going to mail off to them after work today, hoping things are continuing to go well for both of them.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I heard from Tija today. It has been a stressful week for them. Patrick has been transferred to a ReHab facility where he will receive more aggressive physical therapy. He is very weak and can now walk about 100 steps with his walker - taking a couple of breaks along the way. An excerpt from her e-mail:

I am still with him all day and believe me I need to be. I have to fight hard to get the things he needs and question everything that is done. He can slip through the cracks so easily if no one is watching. Keep him in your prayers, please.

I heard from Tija today. It has been a stressful week for them. Patrick has been transferred to a ReHab facility where he will receive more aggressive physical therapy. He is very weak and can now walk about 100 steps with his walker - taking a couple of breaks along the way. An excerpt from her e-mail:

Thanks so much for the update:) My prayers of course will continue for them.

I continue to hold them both in my prayers. I'm thankful that he appears to be slowly recovering, and I'm very happy he's receiving aggressive rehab. It's horrible what a long hospital stay will do to someone's health.

Bless you, Tija.

And thank you, Mary Ellen, for the report.

Thank you for the posts and updates. I just found this thread today and read all of it. This CC group is so loving and thoughtful. The bond of praying together for this couple makes me appreciate all of you so much. I too will continue to pray.

I understand what Tija is saying about having to watch what medication is given out in the hospital. When my mom had double knee replacement, the nurses often came with the wrong medications at the wrong times. My sister, brother, and I took turns being at the hospital around the clock at first.

Modern medicine is wonderful and I know the nurses want the best for their patients, but human error does happen. I'll be praying for consistent, accurate meds and therapy for Patrick so Tija won't have that added stress.

Tija please take care of yourself too.

God Bless you,

Sue

Patrick has been transferred to a ReHab facility where he will receive more aggressive physical therapy. He is very weak and can now walk about 100 steps with his walker - taking a couple of breaks along the way.

I went back to the beginning of this thread - it's been about 100 days since Patrick's HA & then he had the bypass surgery. He can now take 100 steps with a walker, so thankfully he IS making progress.

Here's to a full recovery. :)

Patrick wouldn't have been admitted to a program of agressive therapy if there wasn't hope it would be successful. This is a positive development.

Yes, progress has been slow---but it is progress!

I continue to keep them in my prayers.

Patrick wouldn't have been admitted to a program of agressive therapy if there wasn't hope it would be successful. This is a positive development.

Yes, progress has been slow---but it is progress!

I continue to keep them in my prayers.

You are very right about that Ruth.

Patrick must be doing well enough (albeit slowly) to even be considered for this , so this is very good news.

I will continue to pray for both of them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Great News from Seagypsy aka Tija and Patrick. :)

I just got off the phone with Tija and Patrick has been home about 4 weeks now. At first he was using only a wheel chair but now he is using just a walker and soon hopes it to be just a cane. They were able to be home to celebrate their 51st Wedding Anniversary with Family at home and he has even been able to make a trip to Costco and use the little motorized scooter.

He still has a long way to go but has come so very far.

They are still planning on going on the Inaugural Eurodam in July so that is their goal:)

Tija is so very Thankful for all the prayers and good wishes for her and Patrick and she said this has helped them so very much.

Great News from Seagypsy aka Tija and Patrick. :)

I just got off the phone with Tija and Patrick has been home about 4 weeks now. At first he was using only a wheel chair but now he is using just a walker and soon hopes it to be just a cane. They were able to be home to celebrate their 51st Wedding Anniversary with Family at home and he has even been able to make a trip to Costco and use the little motorized scooter.

He still has a long way to go but has come so very far.

They are still planning on going on the Inaugural Eurodam in July so that is their goal:)

Tija is so very Thankful for all the prayers and good wishes for her and Patrick and she said this has helped them so very much.

Thank you, Lisa, for taking the time to contact Tija and Patrick and to pass on their good news. That's wonderful!:)

Karin

Archived