SeaGypsy Emergency

RevNeal

Most of you know Tija and Patrick -- Seagypsy on this board. They're part of the Las Vegas group and were on the Voyage of the Spammed last year.

vegas0507a.jpg

I received the following from Tija this morning:

Rev Neal, Please pray hard for Patrick, I need your help, I am so scared! He had a heart attack, a bad one. He is in Valley Hospital Surgical Intensive care. He faces open heart surgery on 3 arteries and on his valve. He is in on machines and is not well enough to have the surgery. He has fluid in his lungs and his heart is swollen. They have to wait until he is better but they tell me he need to have the surgery right away. Two arteries are blocked over 94 percent the other by over 70 percent. Please, Please Pray for him, I am so frightened!!!!!

Also, Patrick just came through knee-replacement surgery ... that went well, so we were all hoping he would recover nicely from that. Now this happens ... so, I'm posting this to this board for all those who know Tija and Patrick, both only through this board as well as in-person. If you are so inclined, please pray. Otherwise, please keep Tija and Patrick in your thoughts.

We sailed with Tija and Patrick this last February. Our prayers are with them both right now. The only real comfort I can add is that I was where Patrick is in 2000, and with the miracles of modern medicine and prayer I am here to watch my kids grow and sail the 7 seas !!!!!!

Get well soon Patrick, we are praying for you both!!

Thank you SO much for letting us know, Greg. The last I'd heard from Tija, Pat was home after his hip replacement (I did recheck her e-mails, it was a hip replacement). I hadn't wanted to bother her since I knew she had her hands full with Patrick - he was getting around well, but didn't want to take his pain meds as they made him nauseated. Neither one was sleeping or eating well.

I agree with localady. It is absolutely amazing what prayers and modern medicine can do. I was with my father as he had heart surgery in 2005. It is doubtful he would still be with us without it. I pray for Pat and Tija (and his Drs.) for the same miracle.

Haven't had the pleasure of meeting Tija and Patrick in person but they are in my thoughts and prayers for everything to go well.

I will agree with the other posters that there are a lot of "miracles" walking around out there thanks to the advances in medicine.

My sincere best wishes to you both.

Thank you SO much for letting us know, Greg. The last I'd heard from Tija, Pat was home after his hip replacement (I did recheck her e-mails, it was a hip replacement). I hadn't wanted to bother her since I knew she had her hands full with Patrick - he was getting around well, but didn't want to take his pain meds as they made him nauseated. Neither one was sleeping or eating well.

I agree with localady. It is absolutely amazing what prayers and modern medicine can do. I was with my father as he had heart surgery in 2005. It is doubtful he would still be with us without it. I pray for Pat and Tija (and his Drs.) for the same miracle.

You're right ... hip, not knee. For some reason I was thinking it was a knee. Perhaps it was just he way I saw him limping when I last saw him and that stuck in my mind?

Yes, Tom and I definitely too give out our prayers for Patrick and Tija. I am so sad to hear this, I had been receiving emails and updates from Tija in regard to his hip replacement surgery.

Greg thanks so much for letting us know.

Rev.......

PLEASE get this message to them.

It happened to me. I had a heart attack....a bad one. I, also, was too ill at first for them to operate and remained for days in Cardiac Intensive Care Unit on a heart balloon pump until they could do bypass surgery.

YOU saw me in January..... Would you ever have known?

There IS life after heart attack and emergency bypass surgery. People can and DO recover fine from it.

I send all my best wishes to them and hope you will share the good news with us when he comes through the surgery fine and makes a good recovery.

Tija and Patrick,

We are shocked about this news and can only hope and pray for a good recovery.

We hope that one day we can meet again in good health.

I know myself now how important that is.

All our best,

Ton and Ine.

Thank you Greg for letting us know about this terrible news.

Tija,

Bob & Pat are thinking of you, hoping Patrick will soon be recovering and everything gets back to normal.

revneal

Please send our prayers to Tija and Patrick. I have been there with DH. First heart attack was in 2000 - one artery completely blocked - stent put into another one. Last year DH had unsuccessful heart procedure on 2 more arteries. We know that by-pass isn't too far away.

I am so sorry to hear this news and like so many others on the board do believe fervently in the power of prayer so am adding mine also. I am also sending "hugs" your way Tija since I know how much you need them right now.

Please know Tija and Patrick that you are in our thoughts, as well as our prayers.

God bless you both.

Valerie:)

Archived