Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I'm looking for a reasonably priced solo rate for a 7-10 night cruise out of a US port or even Puerto Rico, from either of the big three Carnv, Norweeg, Royal - for sometime this fall but not a kids vacation week. Pref to Royal because I have a partial credit to use. Something un $1500 or less, outside or balcony. Newer ship preferred, not the Escstacy that I sailed in 1995.

Not sure if this is attainable...

I'm no RCCL expert, so I'll let you decide on how new these ships are, but here's a bunch that are all oceanview, all one week, all under $1500, all-in (fare+tax+tips).

Jewel OTS, all from San Juan:

11/29/2015 - $1313

12/13/2015 - $1396

11/15/2015 - $1414

11/01/2015 - $1468

Navigator OTS, all from Galveston:

11/01/2015 - $1,315

10/25/2015 - $1,448

10/18/2015 - $1,454

Adventure OTS, from San Juan:

11/28/2015 - $1359

Here are some more that are the cheapest per-day oceanviews among your three lines.

12/09/2015 - Carnival Sunshine - San Juan to Orlando, 10 days - $1,222 ($122 per day)

11/04/2015 - Carnival Triumph - San Juan to Galveston, 10 days - $1,238 ($124 per day)

11/01/2015 - Liberty Of The Seas - Cape Liberty to Galveston, 12 days - $1,500 ($125 per day)

11/28/2015 - Carnival Sunshine - Orlando to San Juan, 11 days - $1,439 ($131 per day)

10/02/2015 - Norwegian Sun - San Diego RT, 11 days - $1,530 ($139 per day)

11/23/2015 - Norwegian Gem - New York RT, 10 days - $1,411 ($141 per day)

Sunshine and Triumph are old, but refurbished recently enough for me. I was on Triumph about a year ago and I thought it was fine. Sunshine supposedly has overcrowding problems, but if you go outside the vacation weeks, according to popular opinion on the Carnival board, it's probably ok.

Don't know much about the Sun, but Gem was supposed to be refurbished this year (http://www.ncl.com/next) and it looks like there's a period in early November where there are no sailings (nothing between Nov 1-12). I think Norwegian's current promo is pretty good - drink package or cruiseline pays the tips are the best options for the solo IMO.

for me Cruise critic come top followed by a few others pick the one that works for you.

(found a new one for me to try0

Thanks. I found a new one for me too.

I've been tracking a solo Thanksgiving Cruise aboard the Oasis OTS. It's finally down to $1505.66 for a Central park - C2.

Cruise fare: $2298.00

T,F&P: $116.66

OBC: $38.00

Discount: ($909.00)

Per Person total: $1505.66

Carnival has a 36 hour sale going on, and their 10 and 11 day Journey cruises are looking interesting. A bunch of them are on sale.

The two cheapest both leave San Juan for 10 days. Triumph leaving on Nov 4'15 for a total of $938 ($94 per day), and Dream leaving on Jan 14'16 for a total of $967 ($97 per day). Includes tax & tips. Inside guarantees. Triumph oceanview gty for $100 more.

Lots of others just above the $100 per day mark, including the 11 day Dream from New Orleans that connects with the Dream cruise mentioned above (21 day RT in total) for $1173 ($107 per day).

Some of the October TAs have some great solo pricing for those that can take the time.

For example:

Norwegian Sky Oct 6 - 13 day Transatlantic- Dover to Tampa- Inside Guarantee $744 (inc. taxes).

Norwegian Jade Oct 29 - 16 day Transatlantic- Barcelona to Houston - Inside Guarantee $951 (inc. taxes).

Celebrity Reflection Oct 23 - 15 day Transatlantic- Rome to Miami- Inside Guarantee $1623 (inc. taxes).

Edited by JoePatNYCT

Some of the October TAs have some great solo pricing for those that can take the time.

For example:

Norwegian Sky Oct 6 - 13 day Transatlantic- Dover to Tampa- Inside Guarantee $744 (inc. taxes).

Norwegian Jade Oct 29 - 16 day Transatlantic- Barcelona to Houston - Inside Guarantee $951 (inc. taxes).

Celebrity Reflection Oct 23 - 15 day Transatlantic- Rome to Miami- Inside Guarantee $1623 (inc. taxes).

It's the Star from Dover on October 6. Much more expensive on the NCL UK site unfortunately.

Edited by canny_cruiser

It's the Star from Dover on October 6. Much more expensive on the NCL UK site unfortunately.

UK only offering the 19 night B2B

Germany has it(13n) at €509 2pax or €739 solo($827 ish)

(includes UBP, UBP 18% and taxes)

Or book US don't forget the final cost is $871 with UBP service.

For UK departures always wortth checking what Thomas Cook has on flight offers found some one ways JFK to Southampton for $320 handy if the dates fit. They do Florida as well usualy via Manchester.

Edited by insidecabin

Allthough NCL uk don't show the TA,, UK agents have the price at £329pp($510) 2pax which compares to NCL US fare at $650 with UBP and tax so there is a good chance the UK SOlo rate will be good if they make it available again.

Edited by insidecabin

Stupid question, Rando....solo prices, right?

Yes - everything I'll post in this thread is solo pricing. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - I got knocked offline for a couple of days.

I think the Carnival 36 hour prices are gone now, but like so many of these flash sales, they're likely to be back again. Same thing with some of the cheapest RCCL deals - but I saw that at least one is listed in this coming week's midweek sale flyer.

Many thanks for link. Coming up at £347 this morning for inside gty. The daily gratuity semms to be £8.50. Not clear if they will add on 18% service for the value of the UBP. Do you happen to know?

You are correct. Thanks for the correction.

My pleasure ;-)

Insidecabin has very helpfully posted a link to the 13 day crossing and price is tempting. (It was the 19day B2B which came up when I searched NCL UK yesterday.)

Edited by canny_cruiser

UK/EU the 18% on any free package is included,

The price you see is the price you pay for cruise, tax and choice.

Looks like a BH monday price drop the Escape TA droped as well

£347($535) is less than the cost of the UBP.

inside 2 pax is up at £279 serious bargain.

Many thanks for link. Coming up at £347 this morning for inside gty. The daily gratuity semms to be £8.50. Not clear if they will add on 18% service for the value of the UBP. Do you happen to know?

Sorry if I'm asking you to explain the obvious, but what is UBP? Thanks in advance.

Pam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if I'm asking you to explain the obvious, but what is UBP? Thanks in advance.

Pam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A code for one of the benefits that NCL offer(check the NCL board for others),

(there are loads of dining ones with different benefits)

UBP==Ultimate Beverage Package, summary, anything up to $11 included, pay the extra for anything over. does exclude some things like water.

Makes the deals quite good as the regular price for UBP is $55pd + 18%

one deal I looked at the UBP was over $800 the cruise was $550(solo).

In the US the UBP is included but 18% is added to your booking.

In the UK/US the 18% is included which can make the deal cheaper.

US and UK versions

http://www.ncl.com/promo/wave15

http://www.ncl.co.uk/offers/freestyle-choice/

When looking at NCL deals you need to factor in the extras, currently available on insides and studios

UK include choices up to 31March and include the 18% so can be better value that the USA pricing.

Edited by insidecabin

A code for one of the benefits that NCL offer(check the NCL board for others),

(there are loads of dining ones with different benefits)

UBP==Ultimate Beverage Package, summary, anything up to $11 included, pay the extra for anything over. does exclude some things like water.

Makes the deals quite good as the regular price for UBP is $55pd + 18%

one deal I looked at the UBP was over $800 the cruise was $550(solo).

In the US the UBP is included but 18% is added to your booking.

In the UK/US the 18% is included which can make the deal cheaper.

US and UK versions

http://www.ncl.com/promo/wave15

http://www.ncl.co.uk/offers/freestyle-choice/

When looking at NCL deals you need to factor in the extras, currently available on insides and studios

UK include choices up to 31March and include the 18% so can be better value that the USA pricing.

are we in the usa allowed to book on the uk site ? it appears that the inside guaranty at 347 pounds is cheaper than the usa site, and the 18% thing too??

are we in the usa allowed to book on the uk site ? it appears that the inside guaranty at 347 pounds is cheaper than the usa site, and the 18% thing too??

WE can book through US on-line no problem(picks up most details from latitude No.) and can use UK visa/Mastercard for payments

Give it a go and see if there are any problems that need working out.

Don't forget to factor in any exchage rate charges on your cards.

I also book through EU(germany usually) but use a TA for those.