Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

If you're willing to go transatlantic, NCL Jade 16 days leaving Barcelona on Oct 29 is now $674+$127+216 = $1017 ($64 a day).

If you prefer US roundtrip, NCL Sun 11 days to Mexico from San Diego on either Oct 2 or 13 is at or just under $100 a day (fare+tax+tips) depending on which date, and whether you go inside or OV.

Those sound like nice cruises. But I have Five booked in the next few months. I might be ble to squeeze one in in January if I can find a good deal.

What I would really like to do is do a couple TAs going over in the spring then coming back in the fall. I did one ending up in Southampton but the flight coming home was more than the cruise. It was 16 days for $753. Woo Hoo! Has anyone booked the two of them together and got a round trip ticket verses on way? I was told it would be so much cheaper that way?

Those sound like nice cruises. But I have Five booked in the next few months. I might be ble to squeeze one in in January if I can find a good deal.

What I would really like to do is do a couple TAs going over in the spring then coming back in the fall. I did one ending up in Southampton but the flight coming home was more than the cruise. It was 16 days for $753. Woo Hoo! Has anyone booked the two of them together and got a round trip ticket verses on way? I was told it would be so much cheaper that way?

Some of the cruise lines offer air through the cruiseline and you can then get a MUCH better deal on one-way airfares. Celebrity/RCCL/Azamara do this (choiceair.com is the website to check the airfares) and I know Princess and I'd assume the others in its corporate conglomerate (Carnival, HAL, etc.) do also.

Edited by bottomfeeder

Has anyone booked the two of them together and got a round trip ticket verses on way? I was told it would be so much cheaper that way?

I did my 2014 Fall TA and 2015 Spring TA on the same flight booking. Toronto to Venice and then Porto to Toronto paying $600 total for the flights.

The one disadvantage of this is you must wait until the second flight is open for reservations before booking the whole ticket. It "felt" close and I worried I might be making a mistake. I'd say it worked out well, though. [emoji1]

Some of the cruise lines offer air through the cruiseline and you can then get a MUCH better deal on one-way airfares. Celebrity/RCCL/Azamara do this (choiceair.com is the website to check the airfares) and I know Princess and I'd assume the others in its corporate conglomerate (Carnival, HAL, etc.) do also.

It was a RC cruise and I did choose choice air but it was still $300. More then the cruise.

For one way flights to/from UK for cruises do the to flight and sail back to the US.

We pay $300-$500 from the east coast.

Flying back is more as the taxes are higher.

Or look for transatlantics to europe they have lower taxes on flights back.

Cheapest Solo TA this year is the NCL Star 6th Oct 13n(book in UK).

Solo inside $545 total with UBP.

Flight(5th) from NY

Direct LHR BA/AA $430 (train to Dover from there or might be cruiseline coach)

Carnival is having a 36 hour sale that ends Tuesday at Midnight.

The are a number of sailings at a lot less that $100 a day for solo travelers.

I have not looked at them all but there clearly are a few trips to the standard places at good prices.

Edited by Earl Colby Pottinger

RC is having a 72 hour “sale” on Anthem of the Seas. Factor in your balcony discount and OBC from TA and rates aren’t too bad.

Piggybacking on this post. Booking thru RCCL website.

November 22, 2015

$1189.14 - inside gty

Cruise fare $1648.50

TFP 140.64

Discount (600.00)

Price $1189.14

OBC $150.00

Edited by cynt

Carnival is having a 36 hour sale that ends Tuesday at Midnight.

The are a number of sailings at a lot less that $100 a day for solo travelers.

I have not looked at them all but there clearly are a few trips to the standard places at good prices.

How does someone learn about these awesome deals? I've been looking for Solo cruise fares for this winter and this may have been what I needed. I am already on the B2B from Galveston - San Juan- Galveston and then after that is Thanksgiving and the Holidays. So a January through March Solo fare would be ideal for me. Does anyone know how to find these special fares or how to get on the email list? Thank you in advance.

Not sure anyone is interested in Oceania cruises but they have a few low SS cruises ...they are not your $599 specials

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/special-offers/single-supplement/

I was looking at the Dec 12th sailing with 50% SS but have not found my big girl pants yet :(

If one of my friends were going I would jump but I have never travelled alone before so I need to build up to that first step of going alone

I envy those that can travel on their own ..DH is not always willing to cruise & i love it

Not sure anyone is interested in Oceania cruises but they have a few low SS cruises ...they are not your $599 specials

I was looking at the Dec 12th sailing with 50% SS but have not found my big girl pants yet :(

If one of my friends were going I would jump but I have never travelled alone before so I need to build up to that first step of going alone

I envy those that can travel on their own ..DH is not always willing to cruise & i love it

Thanks, that Mayan Mystique one is intriguing. Given the actually 'all inclusive' nature of Oceania (from what I have read), I bet that wouldn't cost all that much more than the real end price of my upcoming 5 day celebrity solo leaving around the same time.

Thanks, that Mayan Mystique one is intriguing. Given the actually 'all inclusive' nature of Oceania (from what I have read), I bet that wouldn't cost all that much more than the real end price of my upcoming 5 day celebrity solo leaving around the same time.

Most things are included

Alcoholic beverages & excursions plus the usual spa items & cooking classes are not

I need some rich friends to go with LOL

Edited by LHT28

Good morning....:).....looking at the link from Oceania.....and sailing

solo with Celebrity for the past 12 years, in my opinion, you shouldn't

be paying nearly the same price for a 5 night cruise:eek:...unless you are

booked in a Suite on X as well? Not sure what cabins you are comparing.

And the prices for the O sailings are 10 nights minimum....so not sure

which ones you are comparing to your 5 nighter?

I know Oceania is considered a luxury line, much smaller ships with much

less people.

I would say get a quote from Oceania and see how it compares but I

would be really surprised if your X cruise and Oceania would be close

in price. (I could be wrong of course) but the only way to find out is

to call O;)

Good morning....:).....looking at the link from Oceania.....and sailing

solo with Celebrity for the past 12 years, in my opinion, you shouldn't

be paying nearly the same price for a 5 night cruise:eek:...unless you are

booked in a Suite on X as well? Not sure what cabins you are comparing.

And the prices for the O sailings are 10 nights minimum....so not sure

which ones you are comparing to your 5 nighter?

I know Oceania is considered a luxury line, much smaller ships with much

less people.

I would say get a quote from Oceania and see how it compares but I

would be really surprised if your X cruise and Oceania would be close

in price. (I could be wrong of course) but the only way to find out is

to call O;)

Well, it's probably bad eyeball math, but the bottom end on that O cruise was $2500, which I believe was the price for a solo, including supplement. (I don't have the page open now.)

My solo on X is a 5-day on the Eclipse in an A2 balcony, $1700. Full solo supplement, natch. On O it would be an inside, so we are already at apples/oranges in terms of room. But in my head I was adding on all the extra on Eclipse I will have to pay that I assume--but could be wrong--are included on O, such as gratuities, specialty dining, possibly non-alcoholic specialty drinks (coffees), and guesstimating that the difference wouldn't be that great.

That said ... I read a few O reviews and I'm not sure it's the line for me anyway.

(Caveat: If you are a person reading this post who has a magical travel agent who can get you much better rates on X than what I posted above, don't bother flaunting it in my face. I've tried tons of online sites, I've tried a local brick and mortar travel agency, etc. I can't find the magical TAs. You're not allowed to tell me who your TA is so there's no point bringing it up. I'm resigning myself to being happy with my box store OBC.)

Edited by perditax

Well, it's probably bad eyeball math, but the bottom end on that O cruise was $2500, which I believe was the price for a solo, including supplement. (I don't have the page open now.)

I would say it is probably closer to $3500 Solo fare but as you say the Gratuities, taxes, specialty coffees, specialty restaurants, sodas, bottled water & airfare are all included in the price plus the OBC & Free internet on that cruise

You can get a small portion off if you do not use their air program

It is not a luxury line it is considered a Premium line there are quite a few solos on most of the cruises

Only you know what would work best for you

I've clicked on the link and it is showing at 0 matching cruises now.

The November 1, 2015 12 day Liberty o/t Seas 12 day reposition cruise from Bayone, NJ to Galveston, Tx is $673.50 + 156.60 taxes for a solo inside guarantee. You also get a $150 shipboard credit if you book theu RCCL but if you go to the agency that is to go you'll get $225.

The November 1, 2015 12 day Liberty o/t Seas 12 day reposition cruise from Bayone, NJ to Galveston, Tx is $673.50 + 156.60 taxes for a solo inside guarantee. You also get a $150 shipboard credit if you book theu RCCL but if you go to the agency that is to go you'll get $225.

Balcony guarantee is $1349 plus taxes /port fees. I am soooo tempted to jump on this one. It would use up most of my vacation time for a while though, but man this really is a great deal.

I checked and flights are relatively cheap too.

Hows the wifi on Liberty ? Maybe I could work remotely on board a couple of days :-0

Balcony guarantee is $1349 plus taxes /port fees. I am soooo tempted to jump on this one. It would use up most of my vacation time for a while though, but man this really is a great deal.

I checked and flights are relatively cheap too.

Hows the wifi on Liberty ? Maybe I could work remotely on board a couple of days :-0

That's another ~$110 drop in just a day. I upgraded yesterday...horrible timing.

I'm hoping for decent internet speeds, since I'm planning on some work.

Sent from my iPad

I want to convince a friend to join me as solo on this cruise...To go agency and RCCL are both showing all in price at $1100 plus for single inside guarantee as of this Saturday a.m. ...Did you see that price yesterday (Friday) ??

I want to convince a friend to join me as solo on this cruise...To go agency and RCCL are both showing all in price at $1100 plus for single inside guarantee as of this Saturday a.m. ...Did you see that price yesterday (Friday) ??

It's actually now $599 less $150 OBC (and more from your TA) but the cabins come in and out of availability. Check again later and you might find it.

Sent from my iPad

Norwegian Spirit

Eastern Caribbean

7-night itinerary

from Port Canaveral

November 21, 2015 (Thanksgiving week)

inside (I1 family inside)

$874 plus fees ($105.74)

$100 OBC

plus one perk (dining package, beverage package, shore excursion credit, internet package or $25 OBC additional, services charges not included)

I actually think this is not horrible considering it is a holiday week.

Norwegian Star

Western Caribbean

7-night itinerary

from Tampa

November 22, 2015 (Thanksgiving week)

inside

$704 plus fees ($121.28)

$100 OBC

plus one perk (dining package, beverage package, shore excursion credit, internet package or $25 OBC additional, services charges not included)

I actually think this is not horrible considering it is a holiday week.