Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Wow...I've never received double points for any cruise from any cruise line. I've only sailed once on Royal though, and I shared the cabin with my brother.

Not all lines give double points to solo the 3 I know are Royal,Celebrity and Princess.

You can get triple points by booking a suite with those same lines.

Edited by DaytonCruiser

if I'm travelling solo in a regular cabin, I should get double the points.

You do-- it's just that this isn't a "regular" cabin. It's already priced for solos. On some ships, the price differential is not worth the extra point. On others, it may be.

I can move from my solo balcony on Anthem to an inside to get double points and it will cost almost $300 more. Not worth it (even if I never get to use the balcony because of the weather). It WAS worth it for the extra $100 to be in SB, not SI.

Edited by denatravels

I've never had to call luckily. I was deciding between a 12 night European cruise in a studio or a 10 night Greece cruise in a regular inside cabin. So, essentially, 12 points vs 20 points. I'm taking the 10 night cruise, as it's also $800 less. I need to change my countdown :D

Has anyone ever asked how the single supplement points are calculated? I currently have a studio cabin booked on an upcoming sailing and from reading through CC, I learned that I'd only get single points. When I called into Royal Caribbean, the agent told me the points are only doubled if you paid between 150% and 200%. Can anyone confirm if this has happened to them? I didn't want to say she was wrong but I don't see what difference it makes - if I'm travelling solo in a regular cabin, I should get double the points.

I sailed solo in an Oceanview room that only had a 10% single surcharge (110% single supplement) and received my bonus point (2 per night).

Royal will never call it double points because it isn't really double. It is a bonus point. If you stay in a suite as a solo you get 3 points per night (2 for a suite + 1 bonus as a solo). if you say in regular room you get 2 points per night (1 for the room + 1 bonus as a solo). I know it seems like nit picking, but it is important to know if you plan to travel solo in a suite that it is a bonus point, not double points.

My solo sailing was November 2013 but I did hear after that they are not giving the bonus point unless the single supplement was 150% but I can't verify if that is the case or not.

[quote=LMaxwell;48100155.

My solo sailing was November 2013 but I did hear after that they are not giving the bonus point unless the single supplement was 150% but I can't verify if that is the case or not.

I could be mistaken, but I think it's any room code besides the studio rooms.

I sailed solo in an Oceanview room that only had a 10% single surcharge (110% single supplement) and received my bonus point (2 per night).

Royal will never call it double points because it isn't really double. It is a bonus point. If you stay in a suite as a solo you get 3 points per night (2 for a suite + 1 bonus as a solo). if you say in regular room you get 2 points per night (1 for the room + 1 bonus as a solo). I know it seems like nit picking, but it is important to know if you plan to travel solo in a suite that it is a bonus point, not double points.

I sailed transatlantic last spring with 0% supplement and still received my bonus points. In my case they were important points as they took me to Diamond level..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anyone ever asked how the single supplement points are calculated? I currently have a studio cabin booked on an upcoming sailing and from reading through CC, I learned that I'd only get single points. When I called into Royal Caribbean, the agent told me the points are only doubled if you paid between 150% and 200%. Can anyone confirm if this has happened to them? I didn't want to say she was wrong but I don't see what difference it makes - if I'm travelling solo in a regular cabin, I should get double the points.

It is the solo cabin that is costing the points. Personally I have never found them to save much on RCCL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It is the solo cabin that is costing the points. Personally I have never found them to save much on RCCL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I saw one on an older ship (can't remember which one), where it was maybe $50 less for a studio cabin.

But on Anthem, it's a pretty hefty savings.

i think i just got a good deal. Hope so anyway! $1020 (~1200 with port fees), for a 9 day cruise to Canada on Anthem of the Seas 9/8/16. Studio inside cabin.

Less than the double occupancy rate that Royal Caribbean listed on the site for a regular inside, they didn't list any studios at all, had to search various travel sites till i found one.

i think i just got a good deal. Hope so anyway! $1020 (~1200 with port fees), for a 9 day cruise to Canada on Anthem of the Seas 9/8/16. Studio inside cabin.

Less than the double occupancy rate that Royal Caribbean listed on the site for a regular inside, they didn't list any studios at all, had to search various travel sites till i found one.

tried quite a few sites - no dice