Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

So did you book it? It's a good price right?

my inability to figure out the riddle saved me from impulse buy - I can not picture myself cruising Canada.

But for you since you are local to NJ and don't have to fly and if you have someone who can drive you to Bayonne to avoid $19 p/d parking - it is a good deal. Not as good as NCL Gem Nov 23 2015 $977 balcony no solo supplement, but what you need balcony in Canada for :)

my inability to figure out the riddle saved me from impulse buy - I can not picture myself cruising Canada.

But for you since you are local to NJ and don't have to fly and if you have someone who can drive you to Bayonne to avoid $19 p/d parking - it is a good deal. Not as good as NCL Gem Nov 23 2015 $977 balcony no solo supplement, but what you need balcony in Canada for :)

No flying, no parking. And I have a virtual balcony! And an indoor pool. Plus I just did the breakaway and... Meh. Trying a different cruise line.

NCL Sprit, 7 day cruise from Port Canaveral has no single supplement fee for January 16, 2016; January 30,2016.

Inside for both dates is $549, with government taxes and fees it comes out to $647.95

We must be checking the same site:D A few more showed up in today's ad.

January 23 sailing on NCL Jade out of Houston to Western Caribbean for a total of $777 (includes taxes) for an inside guarantee AND you get TWO promos (UDP, UBP, wifi or shore excursion). You have to call between now and Oct 31 to get the two packages.

I couldn't see the reduced solo price until I went all the way through with the booking. I'm guessing they have other dates with similar reduced solo prices.

I have a question for you all. I live in Fort Myers, which is a 2 to 2 1/2 hour drive to the ports of Miami, Tampa or Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale). I generally restrict my cruise searches to those ports. I just found out today that there are cruises from Port Canaveral in April 2016 on Norwegian Spirit with no single supplement at all. One is, I believe, on April 2 to the Eastern Caribbean, and an oceanview would be $799 solo for 7 nights. This port is 220 miles, or 4 hours each way. Would you drive that far to get a good deal? Anytime I am not charged double is a good deal to me. Reviews of the ship are ok, but better than the Star which I'm already booked on for next December. I am really torn about this. I'm also looking to see if I could get alternate transportation to that port.

Pam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a question for you all. I live in Fort Myers, which is a 2 to 2 1/2 hour drive to the ports of Miami, Tampa or Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale). I generally restrict my cruise searches to those ports. I just found out today that there are cruises from Port Canaveral in April 2016 on Norwegian Spirit with no single supplement at all. One is, I believe, on April 2 to the Eastern Caribbean, and an oceanview would be $799 solo for 7 nights. This port is 220 miles, or 4 hours each way. Would you drive that far to get a good deal? Anytime I am not charged double is a good deal to me. Reviews of the ship are ok, but better than the Star which I'm already booked on for next December. I am really torn about this. I'm also looking to see if I could get alternate transportation to that port.

Pam

Come on up, great port.

1446772790853.jpg.dde6e68cfc6e4ddec11c7b56e2265763.jpg

1446772824993.jpg.5d3f28af22063ee752f874b1943ba2b2.jpg

1446772845426.jpg.cb379dadf10ecec97196b8080cb76994.jpg

1446772900517.jpg.98592e6c47ff30f180f516365057ac54.jpg

1446772933304.jpg.0a234ee1a35cbdceb2510afd853c3c4b.jpg

1446772970340.jpg.2a0207f3c44fb883e21efd4d044a6ec1.jpg

Pam

Absolutely! I live in Venice, so Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and Pt. Canaveral are all in that 3-4 hour range for me. I'd sail out of any of them if the deal is right, though I haven't yet sailed from Canaveral. (Haven't sailed out of Tampa, either, though it's only about an hour or so driving for me.)

Pam

Absolutely. And part of your travel costs are offset by a lower cost to park at Port Canaveral versus say Miami. I vote to go or it

Thanks for your input! I think this also includes a beverage package or specialty dining. I think I will call tomorrow. Check it out, those of you who are looking for a solo bargain. They also have cruises that month going to Eastern Caribbean.

Pam

Hey, I went ahead and booked the 4/9-16 cruise on Norwegian Spirit out of Port Canaveral. The cabin class I picked was a mid-ship picture window (ocean view), the cruise price was $849. For my perk I picked the Ultimate Beverage package, but I had to pre-pay the gratuities and "service charge". This came to $80 and change, which I thought was high. Also I get $25 OBC. The travel insurance was $78. I only had to pay a $203 deposit. Ports are Nassau, St. Thomas and Tortola. Couldn't pass up the no single supplement! Anyone wanting to cruise in April should look into this, other dates in April also have the same deals.

Pam

Nisky18, when I saw your screen name I had to look at your profile, since I know "Nisky" is a nickname for Niskayuna, New York. I am originally from Troy, lived there my whole life until moving to Florida 4 years ago. Small world!

Pam

And now for something completely different.. (as oppose to a lot "informative not on topic" posts on this thread)

NCL Gem seems to be having 50% single supplement for December 13th 2015 10 days sailing out of NYC.

Prices before fees and taxes

OceanView from $1,244.00

Balcony from $1,544.00

Suite from $1,759.00

P.S. There seem to be some OBC - for balcony around $75 and special AARP $100 OBC - you MUST call to get it

Edited by DavidDT

Good on Norwegian Cruise Lines for letting off some lucky single travellers from paying the single supplement, but of course that's ex NYC. If only some smart cruise line operator would let the poor old Australian single travellers do the same. Can't they see that they'd make their money back on the amount of booze some Australians can drink (guilty as charged!):p

Booking air through the cruise line may make this last minute deal even sweeter.

November 19 .... Rhapsody of the Seas ... 16 nights ... Barcelona to San Paulo, Brazil... solo price for an inside cabin $798 plus taxes and fees.

Edited by IrieBajan54

Booking air through the cruise line may make this last minute deal even sweeter.

November 19 .... Rhapsody of the Seas ... 16 nights ... Barcelona to San Paulo, Brazil... solo price for an inside cabin $798 plus taxes and fees.

That's amazing!!! So wish I could pull that off.