Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

That's a great price, but how much is the airfare? Do you think the cruise line airfare is less than if you booked it yourself?

Pam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all likelihood booking air yourself would be too costly because it is not only last minute but also an open jaw. Cruise line air would be the best bet. As for the price, well you would have to contact Royal Caribbean's air department. And as someone else mentioned, a Brazilian visa is needed if you are a US citizen due to reciprocity. A visa takes 5 business days barring any problems. Some nationalities don't need a visa to enter Brazil.

Edited by IrieBajan54

Not losing my faith, may be someone, sooner rather than later will post "Solo deal" - or am I mistaken and this in not what this thread is about?

One was posted 15 hours ago. I appreciate the visa and airfare commentary that followed.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Ncl Sun Jan 2-16 2016

14 day South America cruise Buenos Aires to Santiago Chile

Inside gty $1156 total and $100 obc

Oceanview gty $1176 total w $100 obc

CRUISE PORTS

EMBARK Buenos Aires(Argentina)

Montevideo (Uruguay)

Puerto Madryn (Argentina)

Stanley (Falkland Islands)

Ushuaia (Argentina)

Punta Arenas (Chile)

Puerto Chacabuco (Chile)

Puerto Montt (Chile)

DISEMBARK Santiago (Valparaiso)(Chile)

Edited by AdrenalineRush

I just booked the Regal Princess for Jan. 10, Eastern Caribbean, 7 days, deluxe balcony cabin for $1200. Inside cabins are under $1000. I usually watch the ship that I am interested in and then watch the prices, I am flexible on dates.

Evelyn

DavidDT, I just posted a few days ago about no single supplement cruises in April 2016 on Norwegian Spirit out of Port Canaveral. Did you not see that? Zero single supplement qualifies as a bargain, doesn't it? Especially when it's not a last-minute booking offer.

It's not a solo specific deal, but there's a 5 night western Caribbean on the celebrity eclipse 12/13 running pretty cheap right now. Also studios on NCL GA dropped quite a bit very recently for that same date.

I am thinking of booking this deal. I have never sailed solo but my daughter is not able to come. Have always said that I wanted to do a solo cruise but feeling a bit nervous now. We went on a Med cruise this summer and a Bermuda cruise in Sept but feeling the cruise bug again. And we love Celebrity. Sigh, what to do ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am thinking of booking this deal. I have never sailed solo but my daughter is not able to come. Have always said that I wanted to do a solo cruise but feeling a bit nervous now. We went on a Med cruise this summer and a Bermuda cruise in Sept but feeling the cruise bug again. And we love Celebrity. Sigh, what to do ....

GO! the worst part is that you may get addicted to going on your own and find it hard to compromise with your travel companions the next time you cruise. I love love love going on my own. My only suggestion would be to not do anytime dining - get a set table - it's a great way to meet people. Another great way is to go to trivia. I never went to the night clubs or shows, as that's not my thing, but it was nice to see dinner companions and trivia teammates around the ship.

Just my two cents!!

GO! the worst part is that you may get addicted to going on your own and find it hard to compromise with your travel companions the next time you cruise. I love love love going on my own. My only suggestion would be to not do anytime dining - get a set table - it's a great way to meet people. Another great way is to go to trivia. I never went to the night clubs or shows, as that's not my thing, but it was nice to see dinner companions and trivia teammates around the ship.

Just my two cents!!

I have it on hold so I have to give my cruise consultant a call in the morning. Thanks for your input!

I have it on hold so I have to give my cruise consultant a call in the morning. Thanks for your input!

If you're not particular about ships, check the Connie sailings too. I think the prices on the 12/12 sailing are rock bottom. I've also been told in the X forums that it may be worthwhile to call and see if they have any better deals-website is notoriously flaky.

Just my two cents!!

I agree about the solo cruising, and do prefer it now to having a roommate. About the set-time dining, however, I am not a fan. The first time I cruised I had traditional dining and was assigned a table for eight. After the first couple days people started disappearing, I assume to do Anytime Dining. By the end of the cruise, I was sitting alone at a table for 8. Nearby people felt sorry for me and invited me to sit at their table. I did, but didn't like it because I felt embarrassed and like an outcast. Since then, I always choose Anytime Dining. I can eat early or late, depending on what's going on that day. Sit with others if you like, or by yourself if you prefer. No abandonment issues!

Pam

I agree about the solo cruising, and do prefer it now to having a roommate. About the set-time dining, however, I am not a fan. The first time I cruised I had traditional dining and was assigned a table for eight. After the first couple days people started disappearing, I assume to do Anytime Dining. By the end of the cruise, I was sitting alone at a table for 8. Nearby people felt sorry for me and invited me to sit at their table. I did, but didn't like it because I felt embarrassed and like an outcast. Since then, I always choose Anytime Dining. I can eat early or late, depending on what's going on that day. Sit with others if you like, or by yourself if you prefer. No abandonment issues!

Pam

Abandonment happens to couples as well. You never know with all the other options these days

Just my two cents!!

I agree re mytime dining. I opted for it on my first RCI solo cruise. The problem was that I never really got to know tablemates. Joining in is a good way to meet others, there's usually someone to chat to.

If any of you here in NY can do last minute cruises, I got a surprise for you!

NCL Breakaway November 15th, 7 day Bahamas cruise.

$599 Balcony, not including taxes and fees.

I literally just booked this cruise, talk about last minute booking!

I booked this trip under similar circumstances about a year ago right before sailing and got a similar deal

It's wonderful if you have the flexibility

Enjoy your trip

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If any of you here in NY can do last minute cruises, I got a surprise for you!

NCL Breakaway November 15th, 7 day Bahamas cruise.

$599 Balcony, not including taxes and fees.

I literally just booked this cruise, talk about last minute booking!

Nice price

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD