Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Ruby Princess 10 Days RT Los Angeles leaving Jan 7, 2017.

$798 + $125 tax + $115 tip = $1038 ($104 a day)

$100 OBC for inside.

Princess site screenshot attached for more info.

I've never seen pricing like this, where it's actually cheaper as a single ($798) than for two in a cabin ($899pp).

Fyi if you are a captain's circle member your price may be even lower, it's $698 for me and I'm just ruby.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

I've never seen pricing like this, where it's actually cheaper as a single ($798) than for two in a cabin ($899pp).

Fyi if you are a captain's circle member your price may be even lower, it's $698 for me and I'm just ruby.

Hoping its not a pricing error.

My first Explorer sailing was like that. I miss those days!

I wish I could book this sailing.

Wish you could come along V, would be great you cruise with you again :)

Me as well! But I have my first European cruise next fall and that is consuming all my vacation time and funds! Maybe another time :)

Hi everyone.

While poking around this weekend, I found a couple of interesting sailings on Cruise and Maritime Voyages.

• 42-night Amazon, West Indies & Azores cruise on Magellan (formerly Carnival's Holiday) that departs from London Tilbury on January 5, 2016: Superior Single Inner, £2749 including port taxes but not tips.
  • 120-night Grand Maiden Round the World Cruise on Magellan that departs London Tilbury on January, 5, 2017: 25% single supplements. For example, Premium Single, £14,999 including port taxes but not tips.

Always check the solo rates as a couple it can be cheaper booking 2cabins.

Hi everyone.

While poking around this weekend, I found a couple of interesting sailings on Cruise and Maritime Voyages.

• 42-night Amazon, West Indies & Azores cruise on Magellan (formerly Carnival's Holiday) that departs from London Tilbury on January 5, 2016: Superior Single Inner, £2749 including port taxes but not tips.
  • 120-night Grand Maiden Round the World Cruise on Magellan that departs London Tilbury on January, 5, 2017: 25% single supplements. For example, Premium Single, £14,999 including port taxes but not tips.

These are amazing. I was looking at world voyages maybe 15 years ago (when finances would have permitted, though life obligations did not) and they were almost double this price... For double occupancy! Great deals for those who can stay afloat for 2-4 months...

These are amazing. I was looking at world voyages maybe 15 years ago (when finances would have permitted, though life obligations did not) and they were almost double this price... For double occupancy! Great deals for those who can stay afloat for 2-4 months...

Ah... Retirement....

From the reviews that I've read about C&M I'm not sure that I'd like to spend that length of time on one of the ships.

$100 OBC for inside.

I JUST booked this as a solo and super excited- thanks for the info.

I did change to mid-ship Aloha deck for an extra $30 and will be flying in to LAX from Seattle

NCL Breakaway 14nt 1/17 NYC RT $1299 fare

I've been watching this cruise for a while and the solo prices finally went down a bit yesterday so I just pulled the trigger. One of the big TAs (5 letters in the name) is doing $100 + $75 OBC bonuses, in addition to one Freestyle Choice, making the net price pretty good nowadays. The $196.56 tax/fee is unfortunately a bit pricey being out of Manhattan. GUAR balconies are pretty reasonable too at $1799, with $150 extra OBC from that TA. But I chose the studio to have guaranteed lounge access and avoid the GUAR lottery. I just hope the weather cooperates and my bus from Boston doesn't get canceled.

From the reviews that I've read about C&M I'm not sure that I'd like to spend that length of time on one of the ships.

And I've seen C&M reviews that basically say, "don't believe the negative reviews".

I believe there are negative reviews for every cruise line.

Are we now done using this thread to express our opinions regarding cruise lines instead for posting CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains?

Edited by jlajr

$100 OBC for inside.

I just checked that exact same thing and the cheapest price shown was $2,198. So either I'm doing something wrong or there was a short window of opportunity for this fare.

I just checked that exact same thing and the cheapest price shown was $2,198. So either I'm doing something wrong or there was a short window of opportunity for this fare.

Gone, daddy gone. Princess pulled the promo sometime last night. Oh, and the obc was $200 per inside cabin, not $100. I as well as five other solo friends managed to book the deal before it went poof!

Tony

Gone, daddy gone. Princess pulled the promo sometime last night. Oh, and the obc was $200 per inside cabin, not $100. I as well as five other solo friends managed to book the deal before it went poof!

Tony

I did too !

When I called Princess yesterday to confirm price and do the booking, the gal said that she had worked for Princess for 17 years and couldn't believe the price for a solo and thought it was a computer glitch.

And, I'm thinking, yeah, she just wants me to book it !

Which I did- super excited about being on my first Princess cruise, even if I have to wait till 2017

Happy Cruising everyone !

$100 OBC for inside.

Thanks very much for posting. It's an amazing price, even in Canadian dollars :) Paid the 'refundable' deposit today.

Kat

I'm not sure head-for-head which is better.

I booked a 9-night B2B on Independence of the Seas for $1,800 total. Interior - Deck 10 cabin,

Today, I see that a 10-night on Grandeur of the Seas is $2,100 total. Interior - Deck 4. If the price went down a smidge it could have been a better deal.

Anyway both of these are solo rates and the Grandeur of the Seas sale is still on.

Dates: 03/30/16 - 04/09/16

Interiors Category N; $2,100 all-inclusive

Ship: Grandeur of the Seas, Royal Caribbean

Port: Baltimore

I'm not sure head-for-head which is better.

I booked a 9-night B2B on Independence of the Seas for $1,800 total. Interior - Deck 10 cabin,

Today, I see that a 10-night on Grandeur of the Seas is $2,100 total. Interior - Deck 4. If the price went down a smidge it could have been a better deal.

Anyway both of these are solo rates and the Grandeur of the Seas sale is still on.

Dates: 03/30/16 - 04/09/16

Interiors Category N; $2,100 all-inclusive

Ship: Grandeur of the Seas, Royal Caribbean

Port: Baltimore

Ind is a nicer ship but Itinerary would be a major factor for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Anubody post about last minute booking on NCL Beakaway 14 nighter from NY on Jan 17, 2016? I saw studio cabins there for $1496, that inc. taxes and port charges.

If I wasn't booked on Carnival Glory Jan 23, I would have jumped on NCL. The same NCL studio in January 2017 is $500 more.

Edited by evandbob

Anubody post about last minute booking on NCL Beakaway 14 nighter from NY on Jan 17, 2016? I saw studio cabins there for $1496, that inc. taxes and port charges.

I just went to the site:

Jan. 3-17 is now listed at $1,099 for a studio cabin.

and

Jan. 17-31 is now listed at $1,299 for a studio.

Since I have to be in Florida for business I can't take either, but those are good rates.

PS. Did I miss any extra charges?

PSS. Okay, I tries to book a cruise, the port and government taxes brought it up to the quoted price of the OP for the Jan. 17 cruise. But I notice the Jan 3. is listed at $200 less. Still wish I did not have to be in Florida then.

Edited by Earl Colby Pottinger

I apologize if someone has already posted this.

There is no single supplement right now if you book certain NCL cruises. For example, today I was able to book a solo balcony guaranty on NCL Spirit out of Port Canaveral on Jan. 30th (7 day cruise) for $1005 which INCLUDES the beverage package worth more than $400! I did have to pay the beverage gratuity which was $80 - but what a deal!