Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Just wondering what does everyone consider a bargain as far as price per day goes? Sometimes I find good deals, or what seem like good deals, even at 200% single supplement, but they aren't cruises that come up when searching for single deals bc there's no reduction.

$75 per day to get on the ship a good start for a solo?

It depends on what type of room and destination for me. The last cruise I went on (7 night southern Caribbean) I got a balcony for $1,300. My first southern Caribbean Cruise on the Jewel, I got an inside for $800. I consider both to be good solo deals. I usually hover around a per day price of $100.

Edited by Virtopia

Hmm, I don't know, but they are definitely advertised on the Tuesday Sale flyer:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

Yep, I've poked around a bit on the 12/13/15 sailing, and I've been pricing this one regularly since I'm on it, and prices haven't changed. For example, that flyer shows $549 for XC, which I guess is a concierge guarantee? But Celebrity's site doesn't offer you a guarantee concierge, and for one adult the lowest concierge class is still in excess of $1500 before taxes fees. The other prices are unchanged as well.

Maybe it's something where you have to call, or maybe they already all sold out.

I just got an email about this cruise. $399/pp. I so wish I could do this cruise. If you have vacation time I would definitely jump on this.

RCCL Rhapsody

16N ACROSS THE ATLANTIC & EQUATOR CRUISE

Departs November 19, 2015 from Barcelona, Spain to Sao Paulo Brazil

$938.56 - Inside guarantee - SOLO rate

Barcelona, Spain

Seville (cadiz), Spain

Lisbon, Portugal

Madeira (funchal), Portugal

Recife, Brazil

Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

Sao Paulo (santos), Brazil

It depends on what type of room and destination for me. The last cruise I went on (7 night southern Caribbean) I got a balcony for $1,300. My first southern Caribbean Cruise on the Jewel, I got an inside for $800. I consider both to be good solo deals. I usually hover around a per day price of $100.

Agree, $100 is actually pretty good and getting harder to find except in certain cases like long TA's with lots of sea days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi, on one UK site whose name is french for good travels, this is showing at576 inside, 672 balcony, including flight for solo passenger

Scarlet

If those are £ prices and the TA I think it is with a £50booking fee, cheaper direct with Cunard £499 solo £599.

I was browsing last night, and noticed that the 7 night round trip out of Dubai on Splendour of the Seas on 4 January 2016 had dropped to £970. That price includes flights from London.

It's probably only of interest to people in Europe, for some winter sun. It's not my favourite itinerary.

Just wondering what does everyone consider a bargain as far as price per day goes? Sometimes I find good deals, or what seem like good deals, even at 200% single supplement, but they aren't cruises that come up when searching for single deals bc there's no reduction.

$75 per day to get on the ship a good start for a solo?

I also look less at the single supplement percentage, and more at the per-day rate, taking into account flights.

I might have gotten spoiled, though, with my last cruise, $420 plus taxes and fees ($112) and tips for a nine-night Casablanca/Canary Island cruise out of Barcelona on Norwegian Spirit, in late November 2013. Yes, that's about $47 per night plus taxes and tips. I booked a few weeks before departure date, and paid about the same for the flights from/to the Middle East as I did for the cruise.

I usually want what most people don't want, so, for cruises, I look at the relatively less-expensive options to begin with, such as shoulder seasons and transatlantic/repositioning itineraries.

Happy Hunting!

Edited by jlajr

I also look less at the single supplement percentage, and more at the per-day rate, taking into account flights.

I might have gotten spoiled, though, with my last cruise, $420 plus taxes and fees ($112) and tips for a nine-night Casablanca/Canary Island cruise out of Barcelona on Norwegian Spirit, in late November 2013. Yes, that's about $47 per night plus taxes and tips. I booked a few weeks before departure date, and paid about the same for the flights from/to the Middle East as I did for the cruise.

I usually want what most people don't want, so, for cruises, I look at the relatively less-expensive options to begin with, such as shoulder seasons and transatlantic/repositioning itineraries.

Happy Hunting!

Rhapsody TA is $25 a night dbl occupancy, so that's just $50 solo

Rhapsody TA is $25 a night dbl occupancy, so that's just $50 solo

I wish! It's actually 399 + port charges and taxes so it ends up being about 83 - 85 dollars per day solo. When you add the price of the one way ticket to Spain it becomes a pretty expensive trip.

I wish! It's actually 399 + port charges and taxes so it ends up being about 83 - 85 dollars per day solo. When you add the price of the one way ticket to Spain it becomes a pretty expensive trip.

Seems like everyone quotes pre tax.

399 / 16 = 25.

25 x 2 = 50.

My wife's travel buddy is a Delta flight attendant, she flies free ;)

Edited by John&LaLa

Has anyone ever asked how the single supplement points are calculated? I currently have a studio cabin booked on an upcoming sailing and from reading through CC, I learned that I'd only get single points. When I called into Royal Caribbean, the agent told me the points are only doubled if you paid between 150% and 200%. Can anyone confirm if this has happened to them? I didn't want to say she was wrong but I don't see what difference it makes - if I'm travelling solo in a regular cabin, I should get double the points.

Has anyone ever asked how the single supplement points are calculated? I currently have a studio cabin booked on an upcoming sailing and from reading through CC, I learned that I'd only get single points. When I called into Royal Caribbean, the agent told me the points are only doubled if you paid between 150% and 200%. Can anyone confirm if this has happened to them? I didn't want to say she was wrong but I don't see what difference it makes - if I'm travelling solo in a regular cabin, I should get double the points.

On a recent Royal Caribbean sailing I paid for a studio guarantee and was placed in a normal, three person, interior cabin. I did not get double points. I saved a whole lot of money though.

When I've booked an interior cabin, I've gotten double points.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

On a recent Royal Caribbean sailing I paid for a studio guarantee and was placed in a normal, three person, interior cabin. I did not get double points. I saved a whole lot of money though.

When I've booked an interior cabin, I've gotten double points.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Could be because your original booking was a solo cabin with no supplement. I think any cabin designed for 2+ people and booked as a solo gets dbl points. The percentage of surcharge doesn't matter

This is from the C&A benefits page

One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates, as well category SI and SB, are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category.

Depends on where you live and what you consider expensive. I can easily/cheaply get to NYC then hop on a one way flight for $400. I like the fact that TA rates are low and I can use the savings to visit other European cities before or after the cruise.

Edited by AdrenalineRush

This is from the C&A benefits page

One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates, as well category SI and SB, are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category.

Thanks for this!!