Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Do the sites that you guys find better pricing on allow you to book online yourself, or do you have to make phone contact with an agent?

sometimes there are sneaky offers "you must call to get it" - like current $100 OBC by NCL - even if you book through NCL site - you still have to call to have it added. Or if through the agent - agent must call. That offer though is combinable with all other NCL offers.

I always prefer to look prices up on multiple websites, then call and talk with live person - not all OBCs showing up on websites even though they are available - and live person (especially - GOOD person) - will get the best value for you.

Are you the one who wrote reviews of your travel? Long and great one?

Good job! (forgot the ship name)

Edited by DavidDT

It might have been me, I posted a live-Ish TR of my first cruise ever (also my first solo cruise) on Getaway in June. :) I recently cruised DCL with my BF, but I'm going on another solo on December (X--I'm fully addicted and want to try all the lines).

I'm just one of those poor suckers who can never find the good deals or the good TAs. :) Although I did notice studios on GA for the 12/13 sailing dropped a couple hundred dollars last week.

If any solos are looking to getaway for Thanksgiving, the NCL Gem out of NYC has falling prices. It's a 10 day sailing Nov 23 - Dec 3.

Currently, obstructed oceanview (OK category) is $883 all in plus $185 SBC. Pretty darn good deal.

Edited by IrieBajan54

If any solos are looking to getaway for Thanksgiving, the NCL Gem out of NYC has falling prices. It's a 10 day sailing Nov 23 - Dec 3.

Currently, obstructed oceanview (OK category) is $883 all in plus $185 SBC. Pretty darn good deal.

Not to mention that Balcony Guarantee is only $999

Here is last minute deal - looks like NCL Breakaway 7 days Bermuda Oct 18th out of NYC has only about 25-30% single supp. - balcony pp double occ. $700 goes for $900 solo

Just for a point of historical reference I sailed her (BA) last October and there was zero single supplement for a balcony guarantee.. I believe my fare was a shade over $600 but for full disclosure I booked just a few days prior to sailing

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by scrim67

I've mentioned the 12/13/15 sailing on NCL Getaway a few times, but I poked around a bit this morning and wanted to provide some more details:

--Studios were as high as $1154 very recently, but dropped back to $849 in early October.

--It looks to me like single supplements are low (but maybe they always are on this ship/line?), even for Haven. For example, a mock booking for a Haven Spa Suite for two gives me a price of $5798; for one guest it's only $4349.

All prices are before taxes/fees.

Edited to add: I still have the page open from my mock booking for one person in a Haven Spa room, and it also shows Onboard Credit: $ 325.00. I guess this is from one of the promos (excursion credits or something).

Edited by perditax

I don't know if you consider this a bargain or not, but I just did a mock booking on the Royal Caribbean website for a 14-day transatlantic on Vision of the Seas from Tampa to Barcelona, 4/16/16 sailing, solo Large Interior stateroom, $1342, plus $85 port fees and $89 if you want travel insurance. RCCL is having a 30% off sale, claiming that this is $578 cheaper than their normal fare. The regular (smaller) interior staterooms were sold out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if you consider this a bargain or not, but I just did a mock booking on the Royal Caribbean website for a 14-day transatlantic on Vision of the Seas from Tampa to Barcelona, 4/16/16 sailing, solo Large Interior stateroom, $1342, plus $85 port fees and $89 if you want travel insurance. RCCL is having a 30% off sale, claiming that this is $578 cheaper than their normal fare. The regular (smaller) interior staterooms were sold out.

If you like that deal check out Brilliance 4/26/16 14 night TA Tampa to Barcelona.

Large ocean view is $1169.60 total including taxes and fees.

Personally, unless you have to book early to lock in vacation time you can get much better rates on Transatlantics after final payment.

The OV cabins were $1298 + fees not long ago, and probably will be again, assuming availability. I reserved two of these cabins which include $95 OBC from Royal and my TA, net nightly cost after all fees and credits of just $92.

Sent from my iPad

I booked a 15 night transatlantic cruise on the HAL Eurodam November 4, 2016 Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale for $2004 for an inside cabin. I also receive $50 shipboard credit, $50 a day for drinks, and a dinner at the Pinnacle. That's $750 of drinks! I don't see how I can be going wrong! That's including port fees, but not tips.

Edited by sambamama

If you like that deal check out Brilliance 4/26/16 14 night TA Tampa to Barcelona.

Large ocean view is $1169.60 total including taxes and fees.

Personally, unless you have to book early to lock in vacation time you can get much better rates on Transatlantics after final payment.

Went to book this today and the deal is gone, prices up, now best price is an inside and more than yesterday's outside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Curious if anyone has booked a cruise that was clearly a pricing error. Did they honor it? There was one today for the April 9th 2o17 sailing on the Liberty of the Seas. Price was under $200 for a solo inside. I managed to secure a balcony for under $400 but am not holding my breath.

Curious if anyone has booked a cruise that was clearly a pricing error. Did they honor it? There was one today for the April 9th 2o17 sailing on the Liberty of the Seas. Price was under $200 for a solo inside. I managed to secure a balcony for under $400 but am not holding my breath.

There have been lots of errors over the last year or so and Royal has honored the prices.

Great find!

Lucky you, Virtopia!

For those not so lucky, Celebrity's Tuesday deals all have a 150% single supplement this week. Here's the link: http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

I bought my December 5th cruise from last week's sale, though they have the exact same deal this week for it.

I just checked this out it is now showing Sold Out.

Hope you keep posting and let us all know if they honor it. Good Luck.

I checked that - I have it sailing on 10 April. The cost is now considerably higher than what you quote.

Crossing my fingers that you get to keep the fare!!!! :D

Just saw this on the Royal board. It was a different cruise...actually one that was also posted on this thread.

Hopefully you don't get the same call. Guess they are finally cancelling the pricing error.

It might come down to how many people booked at the Super low fare

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2271016

Edited by AdrenalineRush

Just saw this on the Royal board. It was a different cruise...actually one that was also posted on this thread.

Hopefully you don't get the same call. Guess they are finally cancelling the pricing error.

It might come down to how many people booked at the Super low fare

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2271016

Yes I've been following that thread as well. All the holds have been cancelled for the sailing so I'm curious to see what will happen with those who paid a deposit or in full. Thank goodness I didn't get too excited about it LOL