bringing an inflatable pool on board???

kansaskid

I am cruising this March with my 26 mo. old. Ideally she will be finished potty training by that time, but there's no guarantee in that of course. Knowing HALs rule of no diapered children in pools, I was thinking of bringing an inflatable pool for her to play in. I've read posts of other people doing so, but wondered how/where they filled them up and dumped them out?

I don't know how you would fill it and once done, dispose of it.

To the best of my knowledge all cruise lines ban pre-toilet trained children from the pools and hot tubs. Some cruise lines do however, have baby wading pools. Unfortunately for you, HAL is not one of them.

At 26 months, she will not know the difference between a tub and a pool.

Hit the beaches in port and have your camera ready for the memories.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

We have sailed on quite a few HAL ships and I have never seen people bring their own portable pools for children.

You didn't mention which ship you will be on. But I can tell you that when we were on the Eurodam during Thanksgiving week, the crew set up a portable wading pool for the infants -- we had a lot of children on board. However -- the next week we had fewer children and thus this pool was not set up.

I am cruising this March with my 26 mo. old. Ideally she will be finished potty training by that time, but there's no guarantee in that of course. Knowing HALs rule of no diapered children in pools, I was thinking of bringing an inflatable pool for her to play in. I've read posts of other people doing so, but wondered how/where they filled them up and dumped them out?

I often see this idea suggested on the family board here, but I don't think most of those people cruise on HAL. I can't think of anyplace to put a pool, unless you had a balcony; there's no place on deck that I saw that you could fill it, have the child play in it and then dump it. I think posters who bring pools are perhaps cruising other lines?

My kids were old enough to use the pool, but they never did. They were much more interested, as suggested, in hitting the beach in the ports.

We have a 10 month old traveling with us on the Eurodam in October. I will check with ship services to see if they will have the wading pool for the infants when we travel. If not we are planning on bringing a small blow up pool. We are thinking of the Dollar Store TINY SMALL blow up pool for the baby to splash in. While we want our infant to have a good time, we also don't won't to disturb others. We are booking a cabana by the pool so that we can have the baby and his little pool in there without disturbing others.

My first thought is where are you going to dump the water when you are done?

A few years back my niece showed me some pictures of a party they had in their dorm. It was a beach party theme. They had one of those inflatable pools right in the middle of their room on the 5th floor full (about 3-4 ft) of water.

Couldn't imagine the mess and the damage it would have done if it started leaking or overflowed or got tipped over

I really dont know how you can do it,we cruised with 1 year old ,we never fill needed one.

We have a 10 month old traveling with us on the Eurodam in October. I will check with ship services to see if they will have the wading pool for the infants when we travel. If not we are planning on bringing a small blow up pool. We are thinking of the Dollar Store TINY SMALL blow up pool for the baby to splash in. While we want our infant to have a good time, we also don't won't to disturb others. We are booking a cabana by the pool so that we can have the baby and his little pool in there without disturbing others.

The Cabanas are one beside the other so, yes, it is entirely possible the kiddie pool could disturb others seeking quiet enjoyment in their cabana.

How would you fill it?

How would you empty it?

There isn't very much room in the cabana for the baby pool -- the ones by the Lido pool and a the big round chaise lounge -- a table, 2 chairs.

I would be very unhappy if I booked a cabana and paid all that money to find that someone next to us had a baby pool -- be honest -- your child is going to want to splash water -- and where will that water go -- right into the next cabana.

These are the pictures that RevNeal took of the Lido Cabanas from his cruise. On our cruise, 2 chairs were added to the cabanas.

edam34.jpg

As requested, two views of the Lido-Deck Cabanas. These were taken this afternoon, during the pool-side 4th of July Picnic. There were people standing around, eating, incapable of finding a place to sit ... and, still, these thing went almost entirely empty.

edam35.jpg

don't know where they fill and dump them but I do know the crew is more than willing to help or so I have been told. This is such a great way for your little one to have a good time.

Nita

I would agree I don't think this is a great idea. Not sure where you would put it or dump it out.

this is very popular on most lines, I think you don't see it on HAL because HAL doesn't have as many young children on the ship, but believe me it is a popular way to keep little ones cool and happy.

There isn't very much room in the cabana for the baby pool -- the ones by the Lido pool and a the big round chaise lounge -- a table, 2 chairs.

I would be very unhappy if I booked a cabana and paid all that money to find that someone next to us had a baby pool -- be honest -- your child is going to want to splash water -- and where will that water go -- right into the next cabana.

Personally, I'd rather a giggling happy baby, playing in that tiny splash pool than a cranky, crying, hot, unhappy baby in the cabana next to us........IF we were in a cabana which we most likely would not be. ;)

We took one for our 1 year old great niece and it was great. We had it on our veranda, and used the ice bucket to fill it. It was never more than 3-4 inches of water and very easily dumped down the drain. I know there are people that take them up by the pools but we never did that. It looks like a possibility if you have a private cabana though. It is a really nice way to let the little ones cool off and have some fun. Not every day is a beach day on most cruises.

Have fun, Cherie

Archived