HEY TOM! - Paradise Beach

Cahira

We have been to PB probably a dozen times or more. We were there the last week of August (2010) and to say the water was "murky" is an understatement. The water was FULL of debris. There were actual particles of.... I don't know what to call it, but the best I can describe it is to say it looked like dirt. Not sand, dirt. Dark brown, maybe black. Maybe it was some kind of ground up plant life, I dunno. We did go it (it was hotter than #&!!) but it was a bit unsettling.

Does anyone (or Tom?) know what it is and if this was unusual? My DH and I were discussing it while we were there and we think on our last visit there was also some debris in the water, but not like this. We sail at all different times of the year and I know prior to these last couple of times this was not an issue.

We love PB and even though they are now charging a nominal fee (even if you order food) we would still go, but we would really rather not swim in water like that again.

Does anyone have any updates? Let's hope it was just a storm related issue. We go to Cozumel again in January!

It was like that the begining of September,

We have never experienced an issue like this on PB. I believe a few pages back Tom explains what the issue was. Also, there is no charge for PB, the only new charge on their website if $2 pp for the chairs. Have a great cruise!

Tom said it was the weather from the evening before, I was there Sept. 4th ... sure hope it isnt an on going problem...

We were there this past Monday. Yes, the water was murky, it was mostly close to the shore and mostly from backwash. Once you got past that, the water was fine. As indicated, most of the murkiness is from the recent storm activity.

We had a great time. Food and service was great. Transportation from and to the beach was a piece of cake. Yes, there are plenty of taxis waiting to take you back.

Hi everyone! We are cruising next month and I plan on taking the family to Paradise Beach for the day. I am wandering if it is possible to run a tab then pay by credit card at the end or do I need to plan on bringing lots of cash?

Hi everyone! We are cruising next month and I plan on taking the family to Paradise Beach for the day. I am wandering if it is possible to run a tab then pay by credit card at the end or do I need to plan on bringing lots of cash?

We ran a tab.

We ran a tab too. We dud have trouble with credit card approval, which is a good reminder that you let your credit card company know you'll be out of the country. They were very nice and allowed me to use the phone to call my credit card company to try and straighten it out.

Hey Tom, Donna & I will be in Cozumel on Oct 29. We are cruising on the Conquest this time. We are bringing along a new cruising couple and will stop by Paradise Beach after a short trip downtown. You going to be there then? If so we will be bringing a few things, any requests?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Tom

Looks like we are heading back to Paradise Beach Nov. 26th. Hope we get to see you this time. We missed you the last couple of times we were there. How old is your son now? And what is the latest on the pool? Looking forward to some windex:)

parkglensteph

I am happy to report there is construction in progress on the pool.

We were there on Oct 5th and was pleasantly surprised to see the progress!!!

That's exciting news? When will the pool be ready? any swim up bar? :D

That's the rumor I hear.....

they looked like they were pretty far along....but as we all know....in Mexico that doesn't necessarily mean anything.... ;)

I would guess 4 more months or so ???? but I am not a contractor....

They are offering an All Inclusive? I skiped to the last page, so if I missed something I'm sorry.

The pool sounds great. Will be in Cozumel in late January, was thinking of skipping a beach due to the possible temp. of the water. Any thoughts?

Hey Tom!!!! Isabelle wants to buggie and parasail again.

We were just at PB on 10/12/10. We had a great day before we had to hightail it out of there because Hurricane Paula was on her way! Here are pics of the construction of the pool area. As you can see, it looks as though they are in the very early stages of construction. Not sure of when it will be done but I can't wait to go back!!

DSCN1818.jpg.2bba8e52e375cd432059f96599d2e742.jpg

DSCN1819.jpg.c5082dac7458d3c85cc0b9eb6f6449c6.jpg

DSCN1820.jpg.da8fe50ea9897ecd0bb3928d027e83a4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Learned over the weekend that Tom is leaving Paradise Beach! I'll miss him. I was looking forward to seeing him again next September. He will still be in Cozumel but he's concentrating on his growing tour business. Good luck Tom! Hope to see you in Cozumel when we're there!

Learned over the weekend that Tom is leaving Paradise Beach! I'll miss him. I was looking forward to seeing him again next September. He will still be in Cozumel but he's concentrating on his growing tour business. Good luck Tom! Hope to see you in Cozumel when we're there!

When is this happening?

Archived