Say it aint so...

dukeysmom

As I recall, another poster had chatted w/ an official from RCCL, and he indicated that the majority of passengers didn't eat them, so they are being discontinued. I've never had a towel animal on Celebrity, so I'm not sure that's one of its hallmarks.

If someone has better info, chime in!

fact:

On Celebrity Constellation, March 27, good quality chocs on pillows each night. No towel animals.

fact:

On Royal Carib. Voyager of the Seas, Jan. 25, no chocolates but at least 3 towel animals. Was told chocs were discontinued on RC.

opinion:

(I like Celebrity's chocs much better anyway ...)

hth,

Jan

We had Chocolates on the Jan 09 Infinity cruise. Also had them with the coffees at the Cova Cafe.

As for towel animals, only remember one or two a number of years ago on a Celebrity cruise and I think our steward came from another line. Only towel animal on the last cruise was when I wrapped a towel around me, arrrrhhh. (Don't tell my wife I typed that!).

Denny

We disembarked Infinity last Sunday. The chocolates have changed (no longer 3 types of filling) milk chocolate. The Cova candies have been discontinued because affiliation between Celebrity and the Cova brand has ended.

I read somewhere that Celebrity no longer does the chocolate on the pillow and towel animals anymore. Is this true?

On the Summit Transatlantic arriving Barcelona on 30th April we had both chocs & towel animals. On the previous 6 Celebrity cruises, yes on chocs no on towels.

On Solstice in March we had chocolates everynight, but they were not the ones I remembered from a few years ago. I have been on six Celebrity cruises and I have never seen a towel animal. Can't say that bothers me. I rarely eat the chocolates when I get back to the cabin (usually pretty stuffed at the end of the night). I went to eat the ones I had left in the drawer and they had melted (I guess when I had the veranda door open to enjoy the fresh air.

fact: jan gets to cruise a lot

Fact: I am jealous. :)

Oh, but you are cruising NEXT WEEK!!! And poor me, I have to wait until November! Color me green ....

...Only towel animal on the last cruise was when I wrapped a towel around me, arrrrhhh. (Don't tell my wife I typed that!).

Denny

OMG that is TOO funny!!! :D

Jan

Lois, this one is for you.

<a href=2269919090101254243S600x600Q85.jpg' alt=

thanks:) Dale, that is kind of you, although I guess I should have

said I have never had them and it doesn't matter to me.;)

Personally I'd be happy to see a switch to Godiva as I find the Celebrity branded chocs to be a bit tasteless and sugary. That doesn't stop me stuffing the blasted thing down my neck when I come in, so I'd rather see them done away with.......icon7.gif

I have cruised Celebrity since the early days (starting in 1992) and Celebrity never did towel animals - however there may have been individual room stewards who came from a different line who would do them.

My last cruise (way back when) - no towel animals, but definitely chocolate.. However they did cover the bed in red and yellow rose petals on our wedding day. Much better than a towel animal!!!

Next week.. hoping for both as kids will eat the chocolates..AND would LOVE the towel animals.

If they dont have them, maybe we will have fly Denny over. :)

Never had towel animals on X (8 cruises) Always on HAL (10 cruises) We save all the chocolates for home and savor them nightly. Talk about stretching a vacation. We're on Century Nov 28 and I hope those little sweets are still there. Amazingly the smallest things are the most remembered.

We were on Solstice a few weeks ago and had the Ghiradeli chocolate squares every night. We never eat the chocolate...as we have late seating..but I take them with me to enjoy later a home.

Celebrity ended the contract with Cova Company. Previous to Cova..we had smaller chocolate squares..some milk chocolate, some dark and some white.

We have had a few towel animals over the past few years on Celebrity. I agree that it is probably a cabin Steward who worked on another cruise line previously. We had one this past cruise.

When we cruised on Carnival...we had them every night!

Archived