"LIVE" from Norwegian SPIRIT / June 5, 2009

Radio

Radio, oh Radio, what a fab job. I haven't really been to Bermuda for a goodstay in years, but Flatts was always on the agenda. did you bring back memories of the zoo, aquarium and the little beach across the road. Well, maybe up the road a little. Thanx for the great trip i am taking in my head aboard the Spirit. i can't wait to board her in October.

Hi, Marilee, Nomie and, of course, Weary.

Can't wait for our next "Radio" program. Ms Toad

I noticed a trolley train in one of the pictures. Do you know how much they charge for taking trolley train around the dockyard?

There is no charge for the trolley (tram) which runs between the ships at King's and Heritage Wharves and takes you to various locations in the Dockyard. :)

Great photos as usual, Radio. Brings back great memories of our time on Spirit last month. Deck party was a great time and when the rain disrupted matters, they simply moved up a deck to the Biergarten with its cover protecting us from the showers. White Hot Party was also a popular evening event. Plenty of occasions to party on this cruise.

Hi Marilee:D

Looks like you are doing a repositioning cruise on this ship in October. I am doing the repositioning cruise on this ship next April. Figures we both have different cruises.

Marilee

The Spirit has an excursion tour on a similar Trolley/Tram at the Dockyard, operated by Oleander Cycles, lasts over an hour and a half, but pretty pricey. They also operate a similar one in Hamilton that includes a popular museuem. Here's a response from the Bermuda operator when I inquired about their local pricing, prior to our cruise on May1st:

Both of the tours will be two hour tours and the price for both will be

$49.00 for Adults and $24 for Children. We haven't quite decided on times,

yet, but the Dockyard tour would be in the afternoon around 3 PM (as the

train is booked solid in the mornings) and the Hamilton tour would be at

approximately 10 - 10:30 AM. We have also decided to do these tours twice a

week on Monday's and Wednesday's and I may very well offer the Hamilton tour

on a Friday as well, but haven't made a firm decision yet.

We never saw the train running, but I think we saw it where it is housed.

I noticed a trolley train in one of the pictures. Do you know how much they charge for taking trolley train around the dockyard?

Good Morning Radio. Thanks for the informative and entertaining tour. I am on the 6/19 sailing aboard the Spirit and you are helping me to pass the time while patiently waiting for my cruise.

I am in a balcony cabin, port side, deck 11 for my cruise. It appears from your photos that I will be looking at the Dockyard, is this correct?

Is the kids area open to adults? Looks like that is the quiet pool on this ship.

Keep your posts coming, so many of us are enjoying them.

Have a Bermudaful Day!!!

We were on the May 1st cruise, and had our 3 & 1/2 year old grandaughter with us. There is a sign posted limiting use to children 12 and under, but there were plenty of teens and adults using the hot tubs, and the teens were also using the slide. Our little one was afraid to use the slide because of the older kids running around, splashing, etc. I would guess there is no problem for adults using the hot tub at this point, but it may be a problem in the summer. I think I read somewhere that area closes at 6 pm, including the summer. It's a very nice area, with a bunch of lounge chairs facing AFT in a tiered area. I think that area is open to everyone.

Thanks for the nice comments. . . .

Yes, Clare did a great job with the Meet and Greet, and she set up a great Website for this Cruise, and the Wedding plans. She is a doll ;)

I may be seeing them again at dinner later this week.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I received an email from Clare today, she's having a great time, as is the Bride and Groom and the whole gang traveling with them. Clare not only may be a "doll", but she sounds like a "hot ticket"!! She's been awesome to communicate with, even though she's a Red Sox fan!! I wish I was there!!

Keep up the great work, I want to go back!! I do hope to return in October on the Dawn!!

Tom

That tiered area called the Amphitheater on the deck plans step up to the aft Raffles bar area as well. To enjoy the aft lounges drinks aren't far away. I have seen adults in the hot tubs, but the pool is a bit small for older teenagers. I am sure older teenagers would prefer the lido deck pool instead. But I have seen families, with their older teenagers watching their younger children, not teenagers, in this pool area.

Hiya Bill, Nomie, Marilee, Ms Toad.. isnt this a great thread????.. i think we ought to put some $$$ together and have Radio just cruise 52 weeks a year with the responisibilty of giving us chills and excitement and anticipation as he always does..lol I dont think Mrs Radio would fuss too much eh Radio? great job youre back on the water again tomorrow.. 600am i'll bet other than leaving it will be beautiful..

Paul

Hello everyone! I left the ship today by about 930AM, and went over to the Southside Beaches.

I first went over to the Fairmont Southampton Resort. The Fairmont is just south of Horseshoe Bay Beach. (I phoned them in advance and was invited to go.)

It is a beautiful hotel and the grounds are lovely, but guests are required to take a shuttle down the hill to use the Private Beach. The beach is manicured to perfection, and there is a small lagoon for children. I want to stay at this hotel in the future.

I went next door to Horseshoe Bay beach, and there was a ton of people there. It seems to be crowded whenever I get to Bermuda. The water was beautiful though. . . the weather was warm and very cloudy. (It looked like it was about to thunderstorm, but it never did)

The caves were wonderful, and the pink sand was just as smooth as I remember it to be. It appears that they have improved the changing facilities, and restrooms from last year. There are still rentals available for chairs, and umbrellas.

I went a little farther north, up to Warwick Long Bay, and Jobson’s Cove. It was serene, and beautiful. There were hardly any sunbathers, or swimmers. If you want to get away from the crowds, then this is the place to be. I guess that because of the rocks and coves, that the water seems to be much calmer (no waves) than Horseshoe Bay.

My last stop was at 9 Beaches Resort. Yes, there are 9 beaches there . . . that extend around a peninsula, with many small villas that extend over the water.

There is a public beach just to the east (Daniel’s Head Beach Park), but anyone can use the water sports (for a fee), beach grill, and beach bar.

My sunburn was given a break today, because there was little sun most of the day. The water and beaches look more beautiful on a sunny day, but my sunburn said “Thank You”.

I got back to the ship at about 3PM, and I grabbed a bite to eat before we all said goodbye to Explorer of the Seas (she left at 5PM)

Norwegian Dawn arrives tomorrow at 8AM, while we will be leaving tomorrow at 6AM. Our cruise is far from over though. . . We still have 2 full relaxing days at sea, before we arrive in Boston.

Here are a few pics from today. . .Many more pics tonight (After dinner at Shogun)

Thanks for tuning in . . .

Radio

Whoa ! I’m glad I didn’t see (or feel) one of these. . . .This was at the Fairmont Southampton Beach.

N5.JPG

I love Horseshoe Bay Beach

N12.JPG

There were a lot of people there. . .

N28A.JPG

The caves were fun to explore !

N27.JPG

Jobson’s Cove was fantastic.

N29.JPG

Warwick Long Bay Beach was very quiet. . .just a few people were there.

(The clouds above looked like is was ready to unload)

N18.JPG

Nice pictures of Bermuda. We might be doing the 9/18 sailing....fingers crossed. Hubby has been to Bermuda once before.......35 years ago when he was 15. I have never been. It is great to see a preview of what might be ahead........thanks! :)

Totally enjoying these posts. My neighbors are on this very cruise! I keep looking for them in your pictures.

We will be taking this trip on July 10....SO looking forward to it!

We did this trip 2 years ago on the Majesty. We can't wait to experience the Spirit!

Thanks again for your posts....

Totally enjoying these posts. My neighbors are on this very cruise! I keep looking for them in your pictures.

We will be taking this trip on July 10....SO looking forward to it!

We did this trip 2 years ago on the Majesty. We can't wait to experience the Spirit!

Thanks again for your posts....

We may be on 7/10 as well! I am waiting to iron out a few details before I book! ;)

Thanks again Radio. I don't know exactly how to verbalize this, but you have such a 'gift' with your camera. Your photos really speak to me, so I was so happy to see that you are doing the beautiful Spirit now!

Thanks so much Radio! You were able to get to a lot of beaches in one day...without a scooter, how difficult would this be? DH and I plan on using public transport while we are there, but I'd like to visit a few of the South Shore beaches...how difficult would this be without our own way around?

Love the pics, can't wait to go!!:D

Ok Radio, you have convinced me that I need to go to Bermuda...now I just have to get Walt hooked!

It was really great to meet you on the Majesty back in January, and I am glad to see that the weather in Bermuda is more cooperative than January in the Bahamas...brr :D.

Ok Radio, you have convinced me that I need to go to Bermuda...now I just have to get Walt hooked!

It was really great to meet you on the Majesty back in January, and I am glad to see that the weather in Bermuda is more cooperative than January in the Bahamas...brr :D.

Ha ha. . . Thanks for the nice comments.

Yeah, I remember the Captain said it was 28f at 7AM, when we pulled into Freeport.

Radio

Thanks so much Radio! You were able to get to a lot of beaches in one day...without a scooter, how difficult would this be? DH and I plan on using public transport while we are there, but I'd like to visit a few of the South Shore beaches...how difficult would this be without our own way around?

Love the pics, can't wait to go!!:D

The South Shore beaches are less than 30 min away. I talked to several passengers who hired a taxi for 3hours. The driverers waited for them to take pics with no problem. (I am not sure of the price though)

There are also bus stops at each of the beaches. . .

Radio

Archived