horizon buffet

williewonka8

Everyday I would go to the buffet to fix my aunt her tea (the water is hotter there than what you receive from room service) and bring it back to the cabin. Sometimes I would bring her back a little nibblie to go along with it.

We also sometimes got crackers and cheese or nachos chips with salsa if we wanted a little something to go with our in cabin wine while we were getting dressed for dinner and one night we had a couple of tablemates join us for wine and a little snack after a day in port.

Our cabin was on the lido deck so it was very convenient, perhaps too convenient.. :)

I wouldn't worry about it, you won't be the only person doing such. Hope you have a great cruise!

Rochelle

Please leave some extra tips. Cabin Stewards have enough to do without having to bus dirty dishes from 17 cabins.

People do it all the time. Just leave your dishes in the stateroom, and the room steward will clear them when he tends to duties.:)

It is OK, just do not leave your dirty dishes in the hallway.. :rolleyes:

I second this! The hallways are just wide enough for two people to pass each other and it makes it worse when you have to worry about tripping over dishes!:eek:

It is OK, just do not leave your dirty dishes in the hallway.. :rolleyes:
Absolutely! Some people near me left trays of dirty dishes in the hallway throughout my recent Crown cruise. It would have been so easy for someone not to be paying attention and trip over them, not to mention safety issues for someone with mobility problems. Plus, there's the "ewww..." factor.

I agree, we never put our dishes out in the hallway. All you have to do is stack them up and the room steward will take them away the next time he is in the stateroom. If you don't like to see the dirty dishes, take them back to the HC, but leaving them in the hallway is not a great idea at all. ;)

Cabin Stewards have enough to do without having to bus dirty dishes from 17 cabins.

I would say that busing dishes is most likely part of a steward's job description. What are we supposed to do with room service dishes?

Lew

Yes, be considerate with dirty dishes/trays. On some lines room service tells you to call when done, and put them out in the hallway. Frequently, they don't show up for hours, and it is gross, and a trip hazard to boot. I feel like you should tip for delivery, and take-away, because it is not the stewards job to clean up all of the dirty dishes. I always get fruit and coffee in cabin in the AM, and maybe a small bite in the late afternoon, as we eat late, and don't have a big lunch. I know I generate alot of dishes, and glasses too. Bringing food back from the Lido is perfectly acceptable.

Not a part of Cabin Steward's job -- i know many will not agree. You are mixing up Room Service and Self Service. Room Service is a separate department. Room Service will gladly remove items delivered by Room Service. Room Service crockery are different design and the Cabin Steward just calls Room Service and Room Service picks up their dishes. Even Room Service will not remove HC dishes. But hey -- the pax is king. Some who post are in "full suites" and the service is different for them.

I would say that busing dishes is most likely part of a steward's job description. What are we supposed to do with room service dishes?

Lew

just curious is it okay to bring food back to your room.if so do alot of people do it? i would like to know if this is a normal thing everyone does.

Yes it's fine. Just keep in mind there are no trays for carrying multiple plates and drinks. You can order room service and keep the tray for future trips to the court though. :cool:

I've never left an extra tip for removing dishes from the room. That is what their job covers.

However I do tip when I order room service - I can't imagine then also tipping room steward to remove the dirty dishes.

Ridiculous

Room Service (not Cabin Steward) will gladly remove all dishes delivered by Room Service. Please try and at least read my above post

I've never left an extra tip for removing dishes from the room. That is what their job covers.

However I do tip when I order room service - I can't imagine then also tipping room steward to remove the dirty dishes.

Ridiculous

I've left this tip many times but it's worth repeating. Make sure that you pack two travel mug WITH handles. That way you can fill them with coffee, tea, juice, etc. and, with the handles, hold them in one hand leaving the other free to hold a plate of fruit, muffins, etc. for an enjoyable morning on the balcony. I noticed on the Ruby last week that Princess is now selling pretty nice mugs in the gift shop ... albeit more expensive that you'll find them at home. Also, the staff at the specialty coffee bar had no problems filling the mugs at regular prices.

just curious is it okay to bring food back to your room. Yes

if so do alot of people do it?

I have no idea since I am usually in the cabin hallway of the deck I am staying on

i would like to know if this is a normal thing everyone does.

I have read nothing to indicate it's not Ok

The plates are huge, more like troughs. If you order room service you can hold on to the tray for future use. If you have a plate in one hand and coffee in the next, be ready to use your butt to push the elevator buttons. Doing this will require you to be standing on on leg with items on both hands on a moving ship. Here is a plate from HC, please feel to ignore the omelet, hashbrown, steak, scrambled eggs and bacon. At first I thoughts small trays, nope big plates:p

2931715640101627832S425x425Q85.jpg

We eat in our mini-suite for all breakfasts. We order room service and any dishes we had from Horizon Court we just put on the Room Service trays. We have never had any Room Service Attendant ever remove the dishes from the tray...we do tip well(with cash) to the Room Steward and Room Service Attendant (the same attendant tries to come to our room each time cuz they know we tip cash and gives us better service each time they come with all our requests). ;)

I did that on my last cruise because I had a room really close to that deck. I would just run up the steps outside and into the buffet. I dont remember if I took my dirty plate back though. My next cruise, I definitely will. I go solo, so sometimes I feel strange eating at a big table all by myself.

I did that on my last cruise because I had a room really close to that deck. I would just run up the steps outside and into the buffet. I dont remember if I took my dirty plate back though. My next cruise, I definitely will. I go solo, so sometimes I feel strange eating at a big table all by myself.

This is one of the BEST things about cruising......you are truly never alone. Unless you remain in your cabin and "veg-out!"

There are people scurring from "here" to "there", sometimes they're alone, sometimes they're with a lot of other folks. No one knows if you're alone or with a huge crowd. And, no one really cares! Everyone is onboard to have the time of their lives.

Don't worry about how it looks if your not with other people.....If you find a table, by the window (and it's set for four) and, someone asks, "may we join you?" How much fun is that! You're not alone!

By the same token, if you prefer to be in a crowd but by yourself.....you may always respond, "these seats are taken!"

The best part of cruising is the choices are yours. To be by yourself or join in with others.

It's a great place to make new friends or not!

We brought disposal Rubbermaid containers on our CB cruise last month and used them to bring fruit, crackers and cheese to our cabin to eat on our balcony. Much more sanitary than carrying a plate of food in the elevators.

Archived