SELF SERVICE LAUNDRY: Should RCCL Have Them?

MrPete

Do You Think RCCL should have Self Service Launderettes?  

590 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think RCCL should have Self Service Launderettes?

• Yes, I wish they would have them
    • No, I would not use it
    • I Don't Care

NO, not for me. I simply wouldn't use it. While there some people who want to do laundry on vacation, I am not one of them. I much prefer packing what I need and if I would need something washed...send it out. JMO, but as many have said "I am on vacation" and I do not need laundry to interrupt it.

I agree. Who wants to do laundry on vacay? Plus you would have to like wait for it that is a long time.

Most people are only gone 7 days with at the most 14 you can bring clothes for that long.

Now people who do like 15 days and longer may want it.

I would use it! Doing laundry isn't a big hassle! Throw the clothes in, go to the pool, go back and put in the dryer, go back to the pool....voila---clean clothes! It's not like you're beating them on a rock or anything!

I LOVE hotels that have laundries....you don't have to pack as much, and if you happen to spill on something, you're not "short" an outfit!

I think that either "No" or "Don't Care" justify RCI's position. If I were running a business and the majority either would not use an item or don't care -- I would look for something else to invest time space and money in. As to the scientific nature of these polls, I suspect that those who really don't care won't even open the thread.

Do you think RCCL should have self service launderettes and ironing rooms on their ships?

Most of the time no, but we will be starting a B2B next week 12 nights each, so this is a total time of 24 nights cruising. Guess we will have to let RCI do some of our laundry. I do prefer to do my own wash.

Jan

If I was caught doing laundry on a vacation, I'd want someone to kick me in the head. No ... I would hate to see a self service laundry facility on ANY cruise ship. Even if I didn't use it, passing by it would make me think of all the things I have to do when I get home.

Please tell me Regent, Crystal, Seabourn and Silverseas don't have self service laundry mats on board. That would destroy my dream of sailing on their vessels one day. ;)

Two scenarios I can think of a laundry room would be nice to have.

We cruise with our kids sometimes, so I can see how it would work for a family.

On a longer cruise, our 13 night cruise it would have been handy. I'm not into doing laundry on vacation, but one load every 5 days or so wouldn't be so bad for things like socks, underwear and T shirts. We had 3 pre-cruise days on that trip, so our laundry bill was a bit high.

I would use it! Doing laundry isn't a big hassle! Throw the clothes in, go to the pool, go back and put in the dryer, go back to the pool....voila---clean clothes! It's not like you're beating them on a rock or anything!

I LOVE hotels that have laundries....you don't have to pack as much, and if you happen to spill on something, you're not "short" an outfit!

Great concept - but you think it would really be that easy? Say 2 washers and dryers per floor laying on the nice lounge chair sipping your drink and watching the minute hand on your watch. :eek:

Someone mentioned on the other thread some of the confrontations on Princess over people removing clothes from the washer.

I'm on vacation. Even if I fly to the port - underwear doesn't weigh that much to pack as much as I need. I really don't wear that much on a cruise - t-shirts don't go in the dryer and like underwear you can pack a lot of shorts.

Great concept - but you think it would really be that easy? Say 2 washers and dryers per floor laying on the nice lounge chair sipping your drink and watching the minute hand on your watch. :eek:

Someone mentioned on the other thread some of the confrontations on Princess over people removing clothes from the washer.

I'm on vacation. Even if I fly to the port - underwear doesn't weigh that much to pack as much as I need. I really don't wear that much on a cruise - t-shirts don't go in the dryer and like underwear you can pack a lot of shorts.

Can you imagine it?

The way pax argue over "saved" deck chairs?

I can imagine someone removing someone elses laundry because they felt the clothes were in the washer or drier too long?:p

I think it could come in handy. I've been on one of those ATV tours where our socks and shorts were, well, muddy. Washed them out in the shower-what I wasn't willing to throw out-so-It could serve some use.

Yup-bakin'-I agree. Could be some laundry room brawls :eek:!!! :D

YES! Not that it's my favorite thing to do on vacation but there are times...

15 day cruise (Princess) - laundry came in handy

10 day cruise coming up (RCCL) - probably wouldn't need to but considering we will be on a train for several days and also hotels before and after it would be nice (necessary) to be able to do laundry.

So I vote yes. If you don't want to do laundry you don't need to visit the laundry room...but at least it's there for the rest of us.

Archived