S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Deck - 10

Cabin # 1669

Class S2

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –No conecting, very quiet

Balcony View - Beatifull View 180 Degrees

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Very good

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? You have to walk a lot to get to/from cabin, nearest elevetors are in the midle of the ship, as well stairs

Edited by carenero

Deck: 12

Stateroom: 2157

Class: C1

Starboard or Port Side: Aft

Bed Near: Bath

Quiet Cabin: There was some occasional noise from the Oasis Cafe above in the form of chairs being moved as well as some minut creaking on occasion while at sea. Neither were huge issues for us as they were minimal.

Balcony View: A fabulous 180 degree view!

Balcony Size: Normal

Was wind a problem: No

If an Aft cabin, was soot a problem: We did not experience any soot during our 7 days aboard

Any specific problems with the cabin: No

Any other comments: We really enjoy the location of this stateroom. It is located on the Resort Deck which is the same as the pools and the Persian Gardens. It is one deck below the Oasis cafe which is very convenient for early morning coffee runs! Yes, it can be a jaunt to get to the stairs and elevators however this did not bother and we actually enjoyed the walk for exercise as well as meeting new people. The Concierge Class comes with afternoon canapes which were nothing special....many days, we didn't even eat them. They did, however rbing us cheese and crackers instead at our request on the days we asked. The stateroom also has a fresh fruit basket which was replenished as we ate the fruit throughout the week. Overall, we were highly satisfied with this stateroom!

1605 AQ CLASS. DECK 12. BED by BALCONY.

Huge long balcony at start of hump. table 2 chairs and stools.

Shower has Aqua shower unit.

9344 CC3. DECK 9. BED by BALCONY.

Normal size balcony for CC class.

2157 AQ SUITE. DECK 12. BED by BATH.

Normal "sky suite" size balcony. Location on hump, overhang just as wide as balcony will get lots of sun. \nice cabin great central location. Shower has Aqua power shower unit.

2176 SS2. SUITE. DECK 12. BED by BATH.

Normal sky suite/balcony. Large overhang great for shade.

Central location, opposite crew door.

4109 SIGNATURE SUITE. DECK 14.

Exclusive access corridor to suites. floor to ceiling windows.(as in sky lounge). Separate bedroom, bathroom, lounge Hallway. Window from Bedroom to lounge. Glass is darkened using switch. Balcony large with hot tub table chairs and lounger(similar to RS balcony). Great decor/pleasing shades and color.

Love the new sort features on the spreadsheet Sandi - so much easier to use :)

This is such an invaluable resource - thanks so much for your considerable time and effort put into this :D

Cheers

Ando

Deck - 8

Cabin # 8321

Class 1C

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –new connecting door in the cabin wall. No noise heard.

Balcony View - non obstructed

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? Changes noted to other s-class ships: tap in bathroom sink is smaller. No glass to the cupboard door in bathroom. No little cupboard for the toilet cleaning brush so this is on display. Shower head is on a movable bar now and is adjustable. The bedside light is now either on or off- it does not have the little 'pin prick' small beam any more like on Silhouette.

Cabin #: 1203

Deck #: 10

Class: C2

Area: Port Side midship

Bed near: Bath

Quiet?: Quiet, no connecting.

Balcony view: Great view.

Balcony size: Normal size

Wind a problem?: No.

Soot a problem?:

Problems/comments: I would book it again.

Deck - 12

Cabin # 2152

Class - Aqua Class Suite

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bed near bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –Not conecting. Occasional scrape of chairs in morning, but definitely not a problem (but was cold weather cruise).

Balcony View - Unrestricted - on hump

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Somewhat oversized since a suite.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any other comments? Great location. New Aqua Class Suites are great. Seem to be the same size as S2s. Large amount of storage - we only used 2/3rds of it for the 9-day inaugural cruise (cool weather). Jacuzzi Tub/shower combination.

Deck - 8

Cabin # 8279

Class - 1A Deluxe Verandah (oversized verandah on hump)

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bed near bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Not connecting. I did hear a lot of toilet flushing noises (at least i think it was that) from above/sides. I'm not sure if they will correct the issue or not. It DID keep me up at times when trying to nap but wasn't a problem on the overnights so much.

Balcony View - Somewhat restricted - 1st on the hump so you have to lean over the railing to see forward as the balcony faces aft - but I dont find this to be all that necessary or bad. Can look outward and towards the aft without problem. Below you is some sort of lifeboat thing too, but again, unless you care about that few feet right next to the ship, you're fine.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized, very deep.

Was wind a problem? No, not at all, faces aft.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? See above under "quiet cabin". Other than that, no issues. Everything was in fine working order.

Any other comments? Great location right off the mid ship elevators/stairs. Can see down and listen to the bands/a cappella group, etc. With the door closed, I could barely hear the band playing. With the tv on or a fan on, you couldn't hear the band anymore. I've stayed in this cabin on 2 S class ships, and while it was better on the equinox since that toilet noise issue didn't exist, i'd still not hesitate to book it again as i love the location.

Equinox

Cabin #: 1558

Deck #:11

Class: AQ1

Area: Starboard near front elevator

Bed near: Bath

Quiet?: Quiet, no connecting.

Balcony view: good

Wind a problem?:No.

Soot a problem?:

Problems/comments: I would book it again. This cabin is in a great

Location, I would add that any cabin between the lifts is a location that

I would book again.

There were no noise issues and had great access to the Aqua Spa

Equinox

Cabin #: 1265

Deck #:10

Class: C3

Area: Port 8 cabins aft of rear elevator

Bed near: Balcony

Quiet?: Quiet, not connecting.

Balcony view: good. Hump rooms prevent you from seeing directly forward.

Wind a problem?:No.

Soot a problem?: No

Problems/comments: Quiet location, very near aft elevators. Would book again.

cabin 6228

category 2B

starboard side on the hump

standard veranda with bed near the balcony

unobstructed view

midship location behind the elevators

noisy creaking sound while sailing and you can hear the noise from the entertainment in the grand foyer

THIS IS FOR THE REFLECTION

Deck - 8

Cabin # - 8244

Class – Standard

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting.) – Not really. Although this is the new connecting cabin configuration with the door in the wall between the front door and the desk, there was no noise from the connecting cabin. However, I have never in my life heard so much noise from next door occupants, and this was from a non-connecting cabin. Whenever they were in their cabin, it sounded like they were throwing heavy items onto the floor and against the wall, at all hours and especially after 10:00 pm. Thank heaven I brought effective ear plugs to drown out their constant noise from these inconsiderate people. Almost as bad was the constant music from the atrium band. There is a wall between the cabins and the open Hideaway balcony, but a large door in that wall was secured open that let in the noise, often until 1:00 am. The music was so loud that one night I could even hear the music with my earplugs IN!!! You could also hear the flushing of toilets in cabins around you.

DO NOT BOOK THIS ROOM IF YOU ARE A LIGHT SLEEPER UNLESS YOU CAN SLEEP WITH GOOD QUALITY EAR PLUGS IN PLACE!

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great views forward and aft, and also down to the water. There were absolutely no obstructions that compromised the views along the length of the ship. Lights on the promenade deck below gave a constant glow outside, but with the curtains closed it wasn't visible.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - I may be wrong, but it seemed as if the balcony was wider than on the other S-class cabins. This ship is a couple of feet wider, and it seemed as if this is where they added the width.

Was wind a problem? - Not really. It is exposed with no other cabins blocking the wind, but on normal days it was fine. We did have one very windy day and it was noticeable that day,

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Just the noise from the neighbors and the music in the atrium.

Any other comments? - Location, location, location! Easy and convenient to get to the main areas of the ship. I would book again (but bring my earplugs for certain)

Edited by boogs

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1605

Class – AQUA - A1

Starboard or Port Side - PORT

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – BED

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – VERY QUIET/CLOSE TO 2ND FLOOR LIBRARY DOORS BUT NO NOISE ISSUE

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - OVERSIZED

Was wind a problem? NO

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments? FINALLY AQUA WITH NO POOL/SPA/CAFE ABOVE!! = QUIET

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1595

Class – aqua

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – heard chairs being put out on deck starting at 7:30AM every morning.

Balcony View - no issues tremendous overhang so no sun

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? We will not book another A1 cabin under the pool deck again....just too noisy in the AM. Some of the A2's are actually better cabins.

Eclipse

Deck - 7

Cabin # - 7144

Class – Balcony 2B

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – a quiet cabin

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – a clear view with no obstruction

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin? no problems.

Any other comments? We found deck 7 in a good position and our cabin was near to the fore lifts and stairs. We would be happy to have the same cabin again.

Deck - 12

Cabin # 2116

Class - Sky Suite 2

Starboard or port side - starboard

Bed near (balcony or bath) - bath

Quiet cabin - No. The door to the cabin is directly across from the crew's door. This door was slammed throughout the day and evening as the staff came and went. As well, staff stood next to or close to this door to talk with each other. Also, between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m. noise from above in the Oceanview Cafe such as trolley carts being wheeled over our heads. If you don't like noise or if you spend a lot of time in your cabin like we do, I suggest you should choose another cabin.

Balcony view - no issues

Balcony size - normal SS size

Was wind a problem - no issues

Any specific issues - absolutely - the noise

Any other comments - Lots of space and storage in this cabin. The bathroom was wonderful. The post is next to the wall so was not an issue.

Deck - 8

Cabin # - 8279

Class – regular

Starboard or Port Side - port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –

No noise

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - oversized and awesome; hump

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/a

Any other comments? Super close to elevators loved this cabin!

Deck - 7

Cabin # - 7176

Class – 2A

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – No noise other than neighbours door slamming once or twice!

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Above lifeboats but view was fine

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments?We were on a 14 night cruise and had ample storage. We did use the overbed space but my wife who is 5' 4" managed with this. We can't really understand why people complain

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1535

Class – AQ2

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – No noise other than a couple of times during the day from the accupressure room above--sounded like tables moving around. Cabin attendant service area is across the hall, but didn't have any noise from them or the service area. Carts usually in the hall directly opposite.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View was okay--could lean down and see into bridge.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal--but seemed a tad small to us.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No--cabin attendant was only fair--but that has nothing to do with the cabin.

Any other comments? No.

Cabin #: 7360

Deck #:7

Class: SV

Area: Aft

Quiet?: Quiet

Balcony view: Outstanding

Balcony size: Larger than standard

Wind a problem?: No

Problems/comments: The walk to elevators was never a problem. 1/3 overhang from above was perfect for sunning with privacy maintained by simply staying back from railing. I would definitely book it again.

Cabin #: 1560

Deck #:11

Class: Aqua

Area: Mid

Quiet?: Quiet ish

Balcony view: Ok

Balcony size: Standard with overhang

Wind a problem?: No

Problems/comments: I was nervous of booking a cabin with overhang and I was right to be, I would not book one again. The only benefit was that we were sheltered from the rain, but I hated not being able to see the sky at night or the sun when it did shine.

Some noise from overhead but nothing too bad.

Please post using the following format and I will add your report to the S Class Google Doc.

Ship:

Cabin #:

Deck #:

Class:

Area:

Bed near:

Quiet?:

Balcony view:

Balcony size:

Wind a problem?:

Soot a problem?:

Problems/comments:

Thanks! looking forward to Reflection reports.

Edited by librarylady19