S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

i want to check back periodically, and cannot ever seem to find the spreadsheet without hunting thru posts til i find a link....can anyone help?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE

Click on the above the link.......or put the link on a favorite key

on your computer:).....it is the spreadsheet.

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1016

Class – C3

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Not connecting, normally no noise issues

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions. allowing a good view of proceedings on the starboard bridge wing

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments?

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1606

Class – AQ

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet EXCEPT for the dragging of chairs every morning on the pool deck on Deck 12 between 6:30AM-7AM. Not connecting

Balcony View - Large overhang from pool deck above. However, the view is wonderful.

Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Because it is on the front angle of the hump there is no view aft.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized x 3. Very deep and much wider than cabins of the same class. Very private due to metal wall between 1606 and 1608.

Was wind a problem? No, since the balcony is so deep and there is a large overhang.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? The problem is with the moving chairs on the pool deck above that woke us up every morning. We complained to Guest Relations and Housekeeping and while it was resolved some mornings by the lifting of the chairs, other mornings they were dragged again. For the price of AQ, I would choose another cabin, esp. on warm weather cruises where the deck is used even more. The cabin would be better if you are a very deep sleeper. Calling the director of housekeeping at 7 am to complain is more than I want to do on vacation.:mad:

Any other comments?

The balcony is huge-3 times the normal size and very deep but on a Transatlantic we could only use it a few days since it was too cold. Also, the starboard side on a westbound TA does not get the sun. There is a crew door directly across but we never heard any noise. There is also a crew closet between 1606 and 1608 but it backs the bathroom and we never heard any noise. It is a great location for the large mid-ship elevators. In the future,if I were to book an AQ, I would choose one of the 2 cabins on either side of the suite which is 1616 (1610, 1612, 1618, 1620) or their twins on the port side since they are under other cabins on deck 12 or the carpeted area exiting the elevators on deck 12.

Edited by 2Fltravelers

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1077

Class – C2

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Not connecting, no noise issues at all

Balcony View - cabin is on the backside of the forward bump. As a result, you have a great view out and aft, but not forward. This was not a problem for us. There are no obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized by about 30-40%. This cabin is adjacent to 1075 which has the huge balcony, but the extra room is nice.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? Great cabin just off the forward elevators. There was no noise or any other issues. Would definitely book again.

Ship: Reflection

Cabin: 6251 Deck: 6

Area: aft

Bed Near: balcony

Quiet: no, noise especially at night from inside wall

Balcony View: obstructed

Wind a Problem: No

Soot a Problem: No

Problems/Comments: near elevator but noisy and obstructed, also above smoking section

Just completed a 16-day re-positioning cruise in Silhouette Stateroom 6231. I agree with previous posters regarding great location, unobstructed view, etc. However, creaking and banging was so excessive, resulting from turbulent sea, that Guest Services provided an alternate upgraded stateroom.

tg1

Ship: Silhouette

Cabin #: 1237

Deck #: 10

Class: CS

Area: Port side, On Hump

Bed near: Separate Room

Quiet?: Yes

Balcony view: No obstructions

Balcony size: Oversized

Wind a problem?: No

Soot a problem?: N/A

Problems/comments: Excellent location near the mid-ship elevators and the library. No noise from the atrium in the room.

Just back from a wonderful TA cruise on the Silhouette. Here's my information for cabin 1635:

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1635

Class – Aqua Class, A2

Starboard or Port Side - Port Side

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bed near the balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Cabin very quiet, although I did hear some noise late at night - sort of a metal banging sound. No crew door near my door but along the wall to my cabin it looked like there was a small door that was locked. Maybe something in side was not secured. The noise was not disturbing at all and only happened a few times.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great views. Looking forward I could see the angle balconies on the hump. No view of course of the bridge, which I missed seeing. Looking down were the life boats. No obstructions anywhere.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal for this class; two chairs, two foot rests, and a round table. I had our cabin attendant open the partitions on both sides of my cabin. To my right (to 1633) the partition opened fully. To my left (1637), there's a pole that supports two decks above. My friends could walk over the angle of the opening.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Not an aft. No soot or smoking problems.

Any specific problems with this cabin? No problems at all.

Any other comments? This was the first cabin that I booked that had the bed near the balcony. Last few cruises, I had the cabin with the bed near the bathroom and closet. I liked this configuration. It was much easier to get to the closet and I liked being able to walk from outside or the bathroom into the sitting area. It was also nice laying in bed looking out to the ocean. The other set up is great too, as you have the sitting area near the balcony, making the 'living' area larger when the sliding door is open. I would definitely book this cabin again.

Monica

Edited by Compass Rose Monica

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1640

Class – AQ (A2)

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –near balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – excellent unobstructed view. however, balcony had divider to right side that was broken and held together very poorly with tape. not certain if engineering intended to do a better fix because the "fix" from the cruise before us didn't hold up well either. on balcony, easily heard neighboring balconies.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal (cramped)

Was wind a problem? no wind

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? very little soot

Any specific problems with this cabin? drawer contents near fridge/cooler were hot. don't store chocolate in that drawer!

Any other comments?

Edited by boston_scientist

Cabin #: 8224

Deck #: 8

Class: Category 1A Deluxe Oceanview Veranda

Area: Near Midship (Main) Elevator/Stair Lobby

Bed near: Balcony door

Balcony view: [see 5 pix below] When seated and looking out--both inside cabin and on the balcony--you have a great view. When at the rail and looking down, you see lifeboats--this is the view forward, too, but when looking toward aft, you just see the seas. When at the rail and turned to left, you can see (slightly) into the first two balconies to your left; to the right, you can't see into other balconies. In the last photo, cabin 8224 is the one two decks above the far left end of the lifeboat--there's a (faint) string of multi-colored Christmas lights hung on our railing! You can see how 8224 is positioned as the most forward cabin in a 4-cabin angled section.

Balcony size: Slightly oversized

Soot a problem?: No

Problems/comments: We loved the location near the main elevator and stair, but the cabin is far enough away there is NO noise bleed--it was very quiet. As the less-than-desirable balcony view isn't an issue except when you're standing at the rail, which we don't generally spend a lot of time doing, I'd book this cabin again in a heartbeat!

balcony.jpg.be1527b9f01336eff5b1e36029a33a1c.jpg

view_down.jpg.5da23650893441175874200476b85b62.jpg

View_foreward.jpg.b562b1aba0c10ff2c7df36bb1e14abb3.jpg

view_right.jpg.648aa644de64b2457c0e4f97c4408259.jpg

corner.jpg.4f0e0718d11c68ed5f3f8b7a3d591db8.jpg

Cabin #: 6108

Deck #: 6

Class: Category 2B Deluxe Oceanview Veranda

Area: Far forward on starboard side

Bed near: Balcony door

Quiet?: Mostly. Like all far forward cabins, 6108 suffers bow thruster and related "coming into port and berthing" noise. However, on this voyage, that happened very early in the AM on just one port day and the final disembarkation day...so it wasn't a big deal being noisily awakened. The rest of the days, we could sleep late with no problem!

Balcony view: [see 3 pix below] Great view! Cabin 6018 is the last forward balcony that hangs over the water--there are a couple of balconies tucked in to the forward (which you can see into). In the exterior shot, cabin 6018 is the one with a (faint) string of white Christmas lights just above the "N" in Reflection.

Balcony size: Normal

Wind a problem?: A little more wind because of the open left side of the balcony facing forward

Problems/comments: The far forward cabins require a bit of walking, especially because all dining venues are in the aft. This is a quiet cabin except for the early morning port arrival noise. Wind could be a problem on some itineraries. I probably wouldn't hand-pick this cabin, but it was a delightful assignment on a GTY booking.

balcony_compressed.jpg.bc2726a21f3c3a4edc349b03fa86c8ef.jpg

looking_forward_compressed.jpg.c719b56227d42cb55229cfec94cf877c.jpg

6108_exterior_compressed.jpg.36ef371c66b05c8657e337b66f6a64c1.jpg

Cabin #: 2104

Deck #: 12

Class: A1

Area: Starboard forward

Bed near: Bath

Balcony view: Excellent views all around - the ladder was not in the way

Balcony size: Regular balcony, foot rests

Soot a problem?: N/A

Problems/comments: 2102 and 2104 are probably the only two A1 category cabins that don't have overhang issues - there are quite a few A2 category cabins with no overhang one deck below. I took a few pictures to illustrate the lack of overhang from the deck above. Any trepidation that we had regarding the location was allayed once we got on board. We really enjoyed the location, albeit for the high-seas motion that we didn't mind at all. This may be of concern if you are prone to sea-sickness. Click on the picture below for few more pictures of the cabin and of the views. We did hear rhythmic creaking at high-seas as the ship still needs some more time to settle.

P1100193-L.jpg

Cabin #: 7241

Deck #: 7

Class: 1A

Area: Port Mid-ship

Bed near: Bath

Balcony view: Excellent views

Balcony size: Largest of the "larger" verandas, 100 sf.

Problems/comments: Same cabin we had on Solstice, Christmas 2008 (see previous review) Liked the location and everything about this cabin, including a pullman for daughter. The sofa is burgundy fabric now, though still hard. Top of it was made up as the third bed when we arrived (no trundle), but we had attendant switch to pullman to have more space. Four can now do pullman and top of sofa, not have to deal with trundle, but cabin would be tight on other space for more than three adults.

Edited by Janet987

Cabin #: 1668

Deck #: 11 (Penthouse)

Class: S1

Area: Starboard aft facing

Bed near: Balcony

Balcony view: Great wide view of wake

Balcony size: Standard S1, two chairs, two footstools and a large table

Soot a problem?: Only on one day of 15

Problems/comments: Good spot in a quiet area at the end of hall. Shares a large entrance area with C1 cabin 1670 next door that can be closed off if cabins are shared.

Ship : Reflection

Cabin #:9209

Deck #: 9

Class:1A

Area:mid-ship, forward slant portion of hump

Bed near:balcony

Balcony view: cannot see aft of hump

Balcony size: 3 x standard balcony

Soot a problem?:No

Problems/comments: Nice location near elevators and just up from the Game On room and never heard any noise from there or from any of our neighbors.

View of cabin

DSC01585.jpg

View looking forward port side

DSC01591.jpg

View of extra large balcony

DSC01771.jpg

Looking straight down

DSC01603.jpg

Edited by travellink

Ship - Silhouette

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1676

Class – C1 Concierge

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Aft View, no obstructions. You can see partially onto balconies below. Only one deck of cabins above and public space above.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized, by maybe about 1/3 of regular balconies. We had the footrests for our chairs.

Was wind a problem? No, wind was not a problem.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No, soot was not a problem.

Any specific problems with this cabin? We did not have any problems.

Any other comments? It's a long walk to the elevators but you get used to it. It was very quiet and peaceful back there. We had a little overhang but not much. We felt very little ship movement in this cabin.

Edited by RumRunner01

Cabin #: 1012

Deck #:10

Class: C3

Area: All the way forward - starboard side

Bed near: Bathroom

Quiet?: Very quiet

Balcony view: Normal size

Balcony size: unobstructed. Nice view of the ship bridge wing.

Problems/comments:

All the way forward - 6 cabins from the bridge - No motion at all.

Its a "long" walk to the elevators, but, that makes for a nice exercise.

Edited by I-Cruiser

Ship: Solstice

Cabin #: 1605

Deck #:11

Class: AQ

Area: Mid - hump

Bed near: Balcony

Quiet?: Very quiet

Balcony view: Oversized - really huge.

Balcony size: Wonderul views forward and aft.

Problems/comments:

No problems at all.

I don't care for having the bed by the balcony.

Since the sofa is close to the wardrobe, its tight and awkward to get anything from the wardrobe.

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1261

Class – Concierge

Starboard or Port Side -

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very Quiet, didn't notice any noise at all

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions, great view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal size, had loungers with footrests

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? Nope

Any other comments? Close to elevators and stairs, perfect location in my opinion. Great view of Christmas decorations!

Edited by Poppet1964

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 2148

Class – S1

Starboard or Port Side - Aft Starboard

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet, can hear some noise from chairs being moved above Outside Area of Oceanview Cafe above cabin. None connecting cabin..

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions, Great wide view of wake . Balcony is covered. Balcony partition can be opened.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - oversized, had 2 loungers with footrests and table

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? Nope

Any other comments? Aft cabin, so quite a ways from elevators. Good spot in a quiet area at the end of hall. Shares a large entrance area with S2 cabin 2150 next door that can be closed off if cabins are shared. 2 poles in this cabin, but not an issue. One less closet than S2 cabin, but enough storage space. No storage space over bed. Great bathroom with tons of storage, tub/raindrop shower combo. If you are really tall (above 6' 3") you may hit the showerhead on ceiling. Small amount of soot on balcony but was not an issue.

Edited by wv4891

Deck- 10

Cabin # - 1062

Class- Concierge

Side- Mid Ship Starboard

Bed- Double bed near bathroom; room had sofabed for 3rd person- near balcony

Noise- Very quiet, no noise issues

Balcony Size- Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

Specific Problems? - No

Any other comments? - Very pleased with lack of noise and the location; would not hesitate to book again if the price was right.

Reflection

Deck 12

Cabin 2169

C2 Port side

Bed near Bath

Quiet - in the cabin we didnt hear anything from outside or above us - the Oceanview Cafe ladies toilets were above our cabin - didnt hear them at all in the cabin but could hear every flush when we were out on the balcony. It was very disconcerting at first. By the time the cruise was over we just ignored the sound. Our cabin and the first cabin to the stern both have exposed piping from the toilets hence the noise. First cabin to the bow had an enclosed area above the balcony as did the rest of the cabins to the stern. Perhaps they could address enclosing in the ceilings on the two balconies??

Size of the balcony was great - oversize without huge overhang since it was on the hump.

Wind - no issues

Deck - 11

Cabin # 1653

Class - Concierge (C2)

Quiet Cabin : Yes

Balcony View - 180 degrees, no obstruction

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? Everything was fine.

Any other comments?

Deck - 11

Cabin # 1591 Aqua Class A1

Quiet Cabin : Yes

Only problem was 7:30 AM when they moved deck chairs above

Balcony View - no obstruction, but could not see all thee way to the back due to the hump portion

Balcony Size? Normal with foot rests

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? Cabin steward etc. were great

Any other comments? The overhang did not get in the way at all. When it was sunny the sun still came down on the balcony