Captain's Club Update Waiting for news..

C 2 C

The celebrity website is again highlighting the Captain's Club information with the following(You may have to refresh/reload the page to find this image):

CelebrityCaptainsClub.jpg

But the new Captain’s Club is just getting started! Over the course of 2009 we’ll be adding more features and benefits – making the new Captain’s Club one of the most compelling programs at sea. We’ll be sharing more exciting news and information about other new Captain’s Club program features and benefits later this year. Be the first to know by providing us with your email address. To do so, click on the email sign-up link at the top of the page and complete the information. We'll send you updates on new program information as it becomes available.
Has anyone heard any rumour, skuttlebut, or hint about further "enhancements"? I know the press release, posted on the website and facebook, promises "more exciting news" later in 2009, but it has now been a year.

I like the new program but I don't think Celebrity should make a habit of promising more than they actually deliver...

I agree. And you're not alone - I remember a few others have wondered the same thing at various points on the board, as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful for and more than pleased with the benefits they added in 2009. If Celebrity didn't add a single additional benefit to Captain's Club, I'd still be happy. But, I don't think it looks good for X to promise more benefits and tease that they're "just getting started" and then not deliver. Pretty unprofessional. It would have been better if they just upgraded the benefits and that was it.

Another thought: what features and benefits could they possibly add? As it stands, the elite level already has more benefits than comparable levels on other lines. Maybe I'm not creative enough, but I honestly can't think of anything else Celebrity could give.

The only thing I can think of to add (and not trying to start any rumors here) is another tier above elite. But even so, what more could they offer to those above elite?

I think that Celebrity should create an Elite+ level to match with the Diamond +. If they would do this an Elite+ could become a Diamond+ on RCL. Other enhancements might include an increase in Internet minutes and laundry. Perhaps a special "Captain event could be added. How about free bottled water similar to Aqua Class benefit?Only a few ideas,would like to read comments and more suggestions.

I think that Celebrity should create an Elite+ level to match with the Diamond +. If they would do this an Elite+ could become a Diamond+ on RCL.

I like the idea of an Elite + level, I wonder how many credits you would have to have for a next level? I know we don't know for sure, but what would you think?

Maybe Host Andy can help us out with this one since I think he has some contacts at Celebrity.

They might be holding off on the Elite + level because there is rampant speculation that RCL is changing the D+ level tier requirement to a much higher number than 24 cruise credits. Also speculation that they are going to days vs. credits. All rumors, so one never knows. Royal Caribbean may be like Celebrity where they say more changes are on the way, except they never come to fruition.

Under promise and over deliver. Great recipe for any business. Just a thought, Celebrity.

While I agree that the current Elite benefits are great, I also think they could crank it up a notch with an Elite + tier. Throw in a little more laundry and/or dry cleaning. Maybe some more free internet. Maybe some sort of nice Captain's Club pin. Now that I've reached Elite status, there's no incentive for me to book 3 point cruises. Other than the fact that one-week cruises are WAY too short!

Hi Everyone !

I've asked several times about the next rollout. Each time, the question basically went unanswered. They have been fairly hush-hush, and that's understandable. I hear that things are in the works. I believe it will happen, it's more a question of when.

I heard some comments on Solstice. More than 1 person told me that nothing was imminent. One person said the new target for the next rollout is Summer 2011. Before anyone goes haywire on this comment... onboard rumors rarely turn out to be true, so let's hope the timing comment is not accurate. I remain hopeful it will happen sooner than Summer 2011.

Add me to the list of those who say that Celebrity has done an outstanding job with the new updates. While I'd like to see new benefits, and the long rumored 4th Level beyond Elite... if Celebrity opts to hold off a bit longer, I won't be unhappy.

Currently, I feel the biggest issue in the Captains Club program, is that Celebrity should offer new levels for their best and most loyal guests. As mentioned above, I would suggest the 4th level of benefits for those who have reached 25+ Cruise credits. I'd take it a step further, and add a 5th Level for 50+ sailing credits, and add additional benefits (not necessarily another level) for 100+ sailing credits. I have countless ideas on what Celebrity should consider, and I hope they reach out to Captains Club members for their input.

Please do not interpret any of the above as complaints. They are suggestions. I strongly feel that Celebrity has taken Captains Club from a run of the mill program, to one of the very best Loyalty programs in the industry !

I will try to get another update this week. If I hear anything, I will post it here. Stay Tuned !

May I suggest:

1. Combining previous Royal Caribbean Cruises credits to Celebrity as they are the same parent company. Would increase opportunity of advancement from classic to elite. Loyal RCI cruisers taking alternate trips between Royal and Celebrity takes much longer to move to a different tier. This would ensure a true loyalty program.

2. Dining room bottles of wine purchase, a free bottle for every 6 bottles purchased during a 7 night cruise or longer within same price range.

3. Ability to combine shareholder credit and Celebrity Passages OBC during each cruise. This may increase share purcases in RCI.

Let's get out those thinking caps and come up with something we would value that could be added to Captain's Club benefits.

I'll start with suggesting free (or even reduced price) shuttle tickets for those ports where there is a charge for shuttles to town (various European ports and perhaps other places as well)

......Another thought: what features and benefits could they possibly add?
Okay, here is one suggestion. On days when Celebrity/Royal Caribbean has two or more ships in a port on the same day, how about offering reciprocal ship visits for elite members? It would cost them nothing. They already provide such ship inspection tours to travel agents.

The Captain's Club Hostess (or any ship officer or member of the excursion staff) could arrange and conduct the tour. Security red tape involved would be minimal since the passengers would already have been cleared for that port. After all, reciprocal ship visits are already permitted for crew members.

It would be an easy way to introduce their most loyal passengers to some of their other ships. As a memento of the visit, and to provide an additional incentive to book a future cruise on the ship being visited, perhaps they would give us a special coupon for a discount or onboard credit to book a future cruise on that ship. (Of course it would need to be combinable with the regular onboard credit for booking a future cruise.)

I also agree that the loyalty programme is a very good one and have been waiting for the announcements which have never come.

How about Elite/Elite+ getting a discount off balcony/suite staterooms when booking a future cruise, I know RCCL still did this up to a year back because we were Elite with Celebrity, we got $50 off (4 night cruise) when we booked a balcony cabin on VoS. Perhaps Celebrity could come up with something along the same lines.

One free meal in the speciality restaurant per cruise, discount vouchers for wines/drinks/speciality coffees/etc.

We all seem to agree that we all love the loyalty programme but Celebrity must have had more planned when they made their promises over a year ago, wonder what changed......

Lyn

Fleckle, I love your idea. If we get a few more, I'll compile them and send to Celebrity. About 18 months ago I tried to gather some ideas for Captain's Club enhancements that we could suggest. As I re-read that old thread, I found that many of them have come to pass. So keep those ideas coming.

I have just come back from a HAL cruise and one feature they have recently introduced is lunch in the dining room for previous HAL cruisers on embarkation day. It made such a difference being able to have a quiet lunch on embarkation day instead of facing the hassle of finding somewhere to sit in an overcrowded buffet restaurant.

This would be a nice feature to offer to higher tier CC members.

It is very easy for us to suggest increased benefits, we all want the most for our money. We have to remember;however, that Celebrity is in business to turn a profit. If it can be demonstrated that a benefit will add to the bottom line, it will be done. If it takes from the bottom line, it won't. Any suggestion of a benefit enhancement to Celebrity should include a statement showing how the benefit will add to the overall profit.

Does Celebrity offer discounts on balcony/suites like Royal Caribbean? We are Diamond members on RC and just booked an Aqua stateroom but did not receive any discount. Just wondering.:confused:

Unfortunately, they do not.

Okay, here is one suggestion. On days when Celebrity/Royal Caribbean has two or more ships in a port on the same day, how about offering reciprocal ship visits for elite members? It would cost them nothing. They already provide such ship inspection tours to travel agents.

The Captain's Club Hostess (or any ship officer or member of the excursion staff) could arrange and conduct the tour. Security red tape involved would be minimal since the passengers would already have been cleared for that port. After all, reciprocal ship visits are already permitted for crew members.

It would be an easy way to introduce their most loyal passengers to some of their other ships. As a memento of the visit, and to provide an additional incentive to book a future cruise on the ship being visited, perhaps they would give us a special coupon for a discount or onboard credit to book a future cruise on that ship. (Of course it would need to be combinable with the regular onboard credit for booking a future cruise.)

Fantastic idea and I do not see any way this will hurt the bottom line.

Anne :)

More big changes for Royal's Crown & Anchor program are on the way. I'm told in January. This will be a complete restructuring of the entire program.

I wouldn't be surprised if January turns into June and June turns into December 2011. This is the same thing that X told it's Captains Club Members - more changes are on the way at the end of the year. Well, here we are 13 months later and nada has happened.

I would be interested in hearing what "big" changes means. Do you have anymore info like a new tier level, higher tier requirements for levels, etc? I always enjoy reading what you have to say.

Fantastic idea and I do not see any way this will hurt the bottom line.

Anne :)

Annie, I agree. I love this idea. What about offering a free excursion to Elite/Elite plus members? I also like the idea of one free speciality dining visit. Keep those ideas coming.

Jennie

Archived