Things to bring on Carnival cruise

NewCruisser0927

Hello fellow cruisers! I know you have probably been asked a million times the same thing i'm about to ask.... so here goes million and one. When cruising on the carnival is there a need to bring a beach towel? what are some important things to bring and tips for first time cruisers like myself? :) I also would like to know how effective are rum runners? a few co-workers of mine said it saved them a ton a money. Thanks! :p

Rum runners are so effective that Carnival banned bottled water/soda/juice, so there's that...

No need to bring beach towels, each cabin comes withcouple of them.

Suncreen, body lotion, bandages and/or First aid are some of the 1st things that come to mind when dealing with the hot Caribbean weather.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Edited by maywell

You never need to bring towels on a cruise! All cruise lines provide them, and you can get fresh towels, as needed.

You don't need to bring anything that you wouldn't bring on ANY vacation.......

I do recommend binoculars (which I take whenever we go to a beach destination)...lots to see at sea!

what are some important things to bring and tips for first time cruisers like myself?

Insulated travel mug - for bigger cup of coffee in the morning (their mugs are too small for me) or cold beverage later on.

A power strip.

Even though you only need your sign and sail card onboard, I always carry a few singles to tip that great bartender. ;):)

No need to overpack. With their laundry special, Carnival offers a paper bag for $15. Yes, it looks small, but you can pack a lot in it with creative folding. :)

Even though its formal night, nice Hawaiian shirt and dockers is fine for the gents, nice sundress or maxi dress for the ladies.

when your on the boat how does it feel?

Depends on a whole bunch of factors including the weather, the ship's basic design and stabilization mechanisms, your tolerance of any motion, etc.

Ships are big and generally stable. The ocean is bigger and can be everything from a bath tub to a roller coaster (quite rare).

I'd be more concerned about the quality of service, food and amenities.

Be sure to also ask for input on the Carnival Cruise Board.

I would bring a first aid kit that you can make for yourself for your time on land and on board the ship.

Keith

Hello i wont be flying were driving to the dock since its only about 3 hours away.... thank you i will be bringing a first aid kit

Hello fellow cruisers! I know you have probably been asked a million times the same thing i'm about to ask.... so here goes million and one. When cruising on the carnival is there a need to bring a beach towel? what are some important things to bring and tips for first time cruisers like myself? :) I also would like to know how effective are rum runners? a few co-workers of mine said it saved them a ton a money. Thanks! :p

There are a ton of such lists on CC. Rather than creating another long one, check out one of the existing lists some of which are many hundreds of posts long. Also, it does not make a difference whether you are going on Carnival or any other mass market cruise, the lists will be the same.

DON

Welcome to Cruise Critic! CCL has a Cheers program that allows you to pay a fixed daily rate (times the number of days of your cruise, plus gratuity) that allows you 15 alcoholic beverages per day. If you drink 6 to 7 drinks per day you will break even with the program. CCL will also sell you a 1 liter bottle of liquor for your cabin, not sure what the current price is but this also saves money.

You may take your beach towel ashore and your steward will provide a fresh one for you or you may exchange it for a fresh one at the kiosk on the pool deck.

Have a great trip!

I don't really pay attention to the lists. I find a lot of stuff on them that I don't need and would never pack.

But like stated above, no you don't need a towel. But think about what you would bring for a nice beach vacation. At least one swim suit, a cover up, beach sandals (I consider these ones that you can wear to the pool and wear in the sand. They can get wet and easily rinsed off and not ruined). Then what do you wear during the day when not at the pool? Capris, shorts, tops. That's the easy stuff. If you are participating in formal night don't forget a nice outfit and shoes. Think a wedding or church.

What I do think is useful, a power strip. If you are someone who plans on having multiple things plugged in at once, such as a hair dryer, hair straightener, phone charger etc. you'll need it. There's only one outlet at the desk/vanity area and even with 2 people in the cabin it can be difficult to organize who uses the outlet and when.

For the women travelers, I would count on brining your own hair dryer. The Carnival ones are terrible and if you have thick hair like I do, you'll spend a huge amount of time doing your hair.

Edited by kelkel2

• 1 month later...
But make sure the power strip does not have a surge protector, I've been told it would be confiscated. How true, don't know.

Multiple people have said they're cracking down on this. An old brown extension cord seems to be ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk