What Do You Put In Your Carry-On???

Jacy613

I am cruising to Bermuda in September, 7 day trip. I have cruised once before, but I took way too much stuff!

There is no air travel involved, we will drive to the port. I am curious to know what items you ladies are packing in your carry-on?

I will not be using the pool or hot tub when I first embark, so I won't need a swim suit in there.

I may take a bottle of my favorite wine (NCL allows this) because the ship won't have it, should that go in the carry on??

I would appreciate any help you amazing ladies can offer! I love this board, and I am addicted to reading it every day!

Thanks so much!

Jacy

I am cruising to Bermuda in September, 7 day trip. I have cruised once before, but I took way too much stuff!

There is no air travel involved, we will drive to the port. I am curious to know what items you ladies are packing in your carry-on?

I will not be using the pool or hot tub when I first embark, so I won't need a swim suit in there.

I may take a bottle of my favorite wine (NCL allows this) because the ship won't have it, should that go in the carry on??

I would appreciate any help you amazing ladies can offer! I love this board, and I am addicted to reading it every day!

Thanks so much!

Jacy

I pack anything that I really don't want to lose or that might break in the luggage. Just in case the bag does not make it to the cabin I want my meds with me.

Wine must be in your carry on so you can pay the corkage fee after you go through security. Travel documents!!! Meds, any electronics, jewelry. I also carry on a change of clothes and some of my makeup & hair items in case my luggage doesn't get there before I want to go to dinner I can still freshen up.

Iphone and charger.

Small wristlet that I use as a wallet (it holds my cash, two credit cards, my bank card, two pictures [one of DS and one of DH and I, which I never, ever travel without], and my driver's license).

Our cruise documents and my passport (in a letter-sized, plastic accordion-file). Also in file are extra cruise baggage tags.

My meds (just what I need for the day), about 4 Extra-Strength Tylenol, and a small roll of Tums.

Camera and charger.

Nook and charger (in it's own padded case).

Small makeup bag which contains: A tinted lip balm w/15 SPF; a small tube of Suntan lotion-30 SPF; a small square, plastic compact (contains powder blush and brush, and three shades of eye shadow); a small, dark-brown, eyeliner pencil; a very small bottle of hand lotion; a fold-up plastic hairbrush, a small hair clip, and a nail file (not the metal kind).

Small pack of Kleenex tissue and small pack of face wipes.

In Touch magazine.

Pen and small, spiral note pad.

Small tin of Altoid mints, small bag of Goldfish crackers, and a box of Rasinets (gotta have them).

Sunglasses in their case.

Hanging off the side of my Michael Kors tote bag are a small bottle of hand sanitizer from Bath & Body Works and a small (about 6") University of Arizona Sock Monkey (where the DS is finishing up his Freshman year).

That's how I roll!

Edited by mousey

Jewelry, meds, make up (lipstick, sample size foundation, mascara), tissues, cell phone, pen & pencil, sunglasses, prescription glasses, small bottle of contact lens solution & lens case, clean shirt & deodorant (in case luggage doesn't get to us by dinner), wallet with ID, cash, credit & debit cards, sandals (if I've travelled in shoes & socks).

Jewelry, makeup, medications, laptop or iPad (if I am live posting), wine, swimsuit, coverup, t-shirt, shorts, a few pairs of undies, camera, iPhone, flip flops, and any other liquids like shampoo. I just bring my valuables and enough clothing if my suitcase gets lost from the port to the ship.

Lisa

As others have stated, anything of value goes in your carryon. And I also pack one casual, one semi-dressy and a bathing suit just in case my suitcase gets lost. Like most women, I hate to shop for bathing suits so I take mine in my carryon (cruise or not) so that I would have at least one to wear if my suitcases were never found. Having to shop for a new bathing suit on a trip would be a bummer to me!

I carry on any valuables, prescription meds, prescription glasses, a pair of sunglasses, contacts, wine, clothes for dinner that night, documents, phone, money, camera, jewelry, passport, etc...

So basically, anything that I can't replace, is of value or I will need to get ready for dinner.

I also carry on my bobble and a snack in case there's a delay in boarding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pack my meds, jammies, cozy fleece throw, slippers, jewelry, cosmetics, Kindle, Lysol wipes, diet diary and an outfit to wear to dinner if our suitcases are late, though in forty plus cruises, that has happened only once.

Because I don't swim or sit by the pool or lie out in the sun, I don't need to pack a bathing suit and cover-up, but that is a really great idea for passengers eager to hit the pool deck.

 Champagne/wine

 a few Sodas

 Water/bottle

 jewelry

 sunglasses

 reading glasses

 camera/charger

 cell phone/charger

 pen/highlighter

 passport

 travel docs

 wallet:credit cardID Cash/small billshealth insurance cardATM card

 Ricola

 Mints/gum

 comb

 hat/cap/sunscreen

 magazine

 sailaway party stuff

I wear a sundress onboard so that if luggage is late I can go into the dining room for dinner. We dine late and luggage has always made it though.

Edited by royalcruz

I pack all my clothes and shoes and stuff for my trip in my carryon ;)

In my personal item, I take my camera, Bose headphones, iPad Mini, toiletries bag, any meds, any jewelry, passport, papers, water bottle (fill after TSA). If it's a TATL or TPAC trip, I'll add my inflatable foot rest and pillow, plug-in power for iPad Mini or USB cable if plane is power-equipped at seat, and some snacks.

Carry on bag....I normally fly to the city I am sailing from a day ahead.

In the carry on bag? My sail day outfit and an outfit for dinner that

first evening. I have my own routine and part of that is taking a shower

after being in the same clothes all day. I shower and change before

dinner that first night on the ship. (I do that every night;)).

I pack sleepwear, my toiletries, and jewlery roll. I also put a couple

of pairs of shoes in the carry on.

Depending on what I am doing for dinner on the day I arrive? I pack

a fresh top too.

Undergarments of course;).....

This all depends on the itinerary too.......amd I usually pack some type

of cardigan and it goes in my carry on as well.

Carry on bag....I normally fly to the city I am sailing from a day ahead.

In the carry on bag? My sail day outfit and an outfit for dinner that

first evening. I have my own routine and part of that is taking a shower

after being in the same clothes all day. I shower and change before

dinner that first night on the ship. (I do that every night;)).

I pack sleepwear, my toiletries, and jewlery roll. I also put a couple

of pairs of shoes in the carry on.

Depending on what I am doing for dinner on the day I arrive? I pack

a fresh top too.

Undergarments of course;).....

This all depends on the itinerary too.......amd I usually pack some type

of cardigan and it goes in my carry on as well.

Good morning Lois. I just saw your "Flicker" photos you have posted in your signature. FIRST....thank you for sharing. SECOND.....amazing, amazing photo's...I advise everyone to take a peek. THIRD..we are thinking of booking a cruise on the Silhouette. Would you be so kind and give me your honest opinion of the ship? Thank you:o

Good morning Lois. I just saw your "Flicker" photos you have posted in your signature. FIRST....thank you for sharing. SECOND.....amazing, amazing photo's...I advise everyone to take a peek. THIRD..we are thinking of booking a cruise on the Silhouette. Would you be so kind and give me your honest opinion of the ship? Thank you:o

Good morning, thanks for the kind words:) they are just from a little

Kodak digital;)

As for Sihlouette? I had a wonderful time, but then again, whenever

I cruise I always have a good time:D. I sailed her last year (April 2013)

and really enjoyed myself. Is there something specific you would like

to know?

Thanks Lois....nothing specific. We have only done one Celebrity cruise and absolutely loved it....but we did not want to go on the Summit again. (out of NJ) and very convenient. BUT....we loved the product. Hardly any children...mostly people our age (50's). Laid back and relaxing. Service and food was wonderful and people tended to "dress" a little better. So, knowing this, do you think the Silhouette would be a good fit?

Thanks Lois....nothing specific. We have only done one Celebrity cruise and absolutely loved it....but we did not want to go on the Summit again. (out of NJ) and very convenient. BUT....we loved the product. Hardly any children...mostly people our age (50's). Laid back and relaxing. Service and food was wonderful and people tended to "dress" a little better. So, knowing this, do you think the Silhouette would be a good fit?

Hi,:) we are in the same age group...I am 56 and cruise with Celebrity

all the time. Actually, I have sailed Summit 6 times:D....she is one of

my favorite ships.:)

I think you will probably enjoy it, yes...but just to make you aware,

she is much larger than Summit......more pay restaurants too.

I am sailing her sister ship in November, Reflection and looking forward

to it as well:D

Hi,:) we are in the same age group...I am 56 and cruise with Celebrity

all the time. Actually, I have sailed Summit 6 times:D....she is one of

my favorite ships.:)

I think you will probably enjoy it, yes...but just to make you aware,

she is much larger than Summit......more pay restaurants too.

I am sailing her sister ship in November, Reflection and looking forward

to it as well:D

We actually LOVE the mega ships. Have been on the Breakaway, Allure and Oasis.

I was looking at the Reflection also for November. How funny. Prices are pretty good also. :o I figure there will not be too many children after Thanksgiving and before Christmas, so this works well for us.

OMG...I think we were on the same cruise.

Summit 5/16/10. Did you go to Bermuda??? Almost positive, this is the date we went....have to go check paperwork.

Thank you for all of your help. Maybe we will be on the same cruise in November

We actually LOVE the mega ships. Have been on the Breakaway, Allure and Oasis.

I was looking at the Reflection also for November. How funny. Prices are pretty good also. :o I figure there will not be too many children after Thanksgiving and before Christmas, so this works well for us.

OMG...I think we were on the same cruise.

Summit 5/16/10. Did you go to Bermuda??? Almost positive, this is the date we went....have to go check paperwork.

Thank you for all of your help. Maybe we will be on the same cruise in November

Hi:).....oh, the ship is not nearly as big as OASIS or ALLURE.....

And this is very funny because that May 2010 cruise was a "one time

itinerary"....she sailed to Boston, Newport, Rhode Island AND only

1 day in Bermuda and yes I was on it:D...I have a very good friend

who used to work on the ships....she was on board that week and

we had dinner together every night....if you look back through

the photos, you will see photos of Boston on there....it was a

wonderful intinerary!

I am going on Reflection Nov 8th...so almost 3 weeks before

Thanksgiving....I think the amount of kids will be lower at that

time too.

Ahhh. Wow, that itinerary sounds great...this was not the one we were on though.

We have to go AFTER Thanksgiving, so I guess we won't meet.:( BUT, I am now getting excited with all of your info and GREAT pictures. THANK YOU SO MUCH.:D